Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Agreed, elphelt can suck on a brick. Has the videos been posted here or are they on twitch/ other stream site?

Edit: nvm, found em

Agreed, elphelt can suck on a brick. Has the videos been posted here or are they on twitch/ other stream site?

Edit: nvm, found em

Care to share?

At about 3m5s Zato does a superjump and they got some sort of speed line effect going on it. Finally something to distinguish a superjump from a regular jump.

Same line effect is already in Xrd.

Sad that super pulsing burst icon is only when you have 50%+ meter though due to new mechanic. Current Xrd burst icons are kind of bad, especially being blue or red on blue or red backgrounds.

Go to training mode

Press all the buttons at the same time then do 236236 HS.

And you will see the IK.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Care to share?

you can look on Goldenrody's channel, appropriately named GODSGARDEN on his channel.

On YouTube

As we all know, Sol's IK is Fafnir. And everyone gets hit by fafnir. 

Everything Sol does is Instant Kill.

Actually it's interesting, most IKs have the same "attack" as what characters might normally use and can be disguised like a feint.

Ky's IK: 3H

Sol's IK: Fafnir

Bedman's IK: 6H

May's IK: 6H

Venom's IK: Stinger Aim

Leo's IK: Erst

Axl's IK: Artemis

Those are just some examples but they're pretty cool go-to normals/specials if you're in IK mode and want to play mind games.

a feint? how? IKs freeze the screen. the moves that you mentions dont' freeze the screen. how would anyone be tricked by that? general unfamiliarity with moves? then it doesn't matter what hte IK looks like.

not to mention you should know it's an IK because all other screen freezing options are inaccessible (RCs, supers) since they use tension.

As we all know, Sol's IK is Fafnir. And everyone gets hit by fafnir. 

The only time you're not getting hit by Fafnir is when you're being Wild Thrown of course.

There's startup before the freeze.  It might not be as useful for some, but I-No uses 5H and actually raises her guitar over her head before the screen freeze.  If you did regular 5H they'd react to maybe 6 frames of animation before the screen freeze were to occur, which is enough to encourage them to block, YRC into block, etc.

Not that I-No's 5H is a good enough move that you'd want to play games like this.  Maybe if it still had +R range.  Also, I did test a lot of situations where you could IK punish poor habits, like when players use Bandit Revolver on block all the time instead of sparingly when baiting a jump out.  Turns out I-No's IK clashes a lot of things, like Bandit Bringer. 

What the fuck is west coasts aversion to private lobbies? I've got a bunch of dudes on my friends list that are good at characters I don't have much experience with, and I can't learn those god damn matchups because I have to wade through public lobby lines to get in one fight with them every 10 minutes whether I win or lose. I'd really like not to show up to majors bad at chipp v venom, but whelp :|

In a bunch of cases I've dealt with it and try to ask questions, got silence or actively evasive answers and had to go dig through dustloop threads to find the answer instead. Like, fuck this.

a feint? how? IKs freeze the screen. the moves that you mentions dont' freeze the screen. how would anyone be tricked by that? general unfamiliarity with moves? then it doesn't matter what hte IK looks like.

not to mention you should know it's an IK because all other screen freezing options are inaccessible (RCs, supers) since they use tension.

Not all of us notice the screen froze, as some of us are actually busy pile-bunkering in to an IK. :)

:BED:"Now you've made the mistake!  The mistake that will cost you!"

Invincibility frames also help.

@Pomparomp: because PS4 users can't play PS3 users in Private Lobbies, vice versa as well.

Not all of us notice the screen froze, as some of us are actually busy pile-bunkering in to an IK. :)

but like

the screen freezes

how do you not notice that?!