Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

That nap comment brought something to mind that I've been meaning to ask:

It's odd to me how people look down on Melee - and by people, I mean anime and KOF players here - when it's so similar to the kinds of games they enjoy a lot. Fast, high freedom of movement, really aggressive pace and attitude, strong pressure game, all hallmarks of most anime and KOF games. Why is a game that plays out a lot like the ones you like nap worthy? (question aimed at everyone here)

If I'm gonna play smash, it's gonna be with items.

Alrighty, thanks for the input, but I think that's enough about smash now. This is a Guilty Gear discussion thread. Let's not get it closed for ending up with pages of smash talk and comparisons. Pls this site is all I have ;__;

@Kaizen: I came from a Samurai Showdown / Darkstalkers background, so I can see how players wouldn't always agree on what is and is not a Party Game or a serious competitor, especially given the mechanics tend to change a lot from game to game.

Samsho3 in particular had lots of problems (stuff that was just as bad as the first Guilty Gear) but at the same time it was still a game I really enjoyed to play, even to this day (even if there were lots of SNK haters back in the day).

That said, GG learned a lot from other games' designs, so maybe they learned 'a few' things from Smash of what not to do?

And hey, if you want "items" just play M.O.M.!

Actually there seems to be a coefficient sliding-scale:

The more broke a game is >< The More Fun it is.

So I suppose this is like a "GGXrd OGs" vs "All-Stars" Team Battle? Since FAB and Nage are already confirmed for the other team..

Dunno if it ever came up again but Arcsys' teaser posted on twitter was revealed as a remastered (cleaned up) Battle Fantasia for Steam.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/steam/battlefantasia-re/en/

Tweet from ASW (Japanese, this time)

https://twitter.com/ARCSY_Event/status/616547325171777536

次はSTEAM第5弾?

"Next is the 5th Steam release?"

They're implying there's another game coming after BF but... are they not even counting #Reload and Isuka? Because BF is the 6th one.

So I suppose this is like a "GGXrd OGs" vs "All-Stars" Team Battle? Since FAB and Nage are already confirmed for the other team..

That's pretty much exactly what it is.

My brief summary of the brackets is "Japan commin' for that free American money." 

Still, best of luck to anyone who's competing. It looks beyond sick at this point. 

Tweet from ASW (Japanese, this time)

https://twitter.com/ARCSY_Event/status/616547325171777536

次はSTEAM第5弾?

"Next is the 5th Steam release?"

They're implying there's another game coming after BF but... are they not even counting #Reload and Isuka? Because BF is the 6th one.

That's pretty much exactly what it is.

Maybe one of the games didn't get a Steam release in Japan?

Maybe one of the games didn't get a Steam release in Japan?

You mean two of the games?

It says "Next is the 5th", like as in "the 5th is the next after this one". Meaning Battle Fantasia is the "4th".

I posted that last page.

Yup disregard I totally fucked up and missed a page. Your legacy is secured don't worry

Which games have so far been released on steam that were published by ArcSys as well? Isuka and Reload were published by two other parties and ArcSys had nothing to do with the port as far as I know, I guess the two BlazBlue titles they could be involved with? That would make it 4 in total then: BF, AC+, and both BlazBlue titles.

Or they can't count and they simply meant it as "one more" without counting BlazBlue

I'm late but this isn't the Melee thread. Or even the Smash thread.

If you want to discuss a topic that does not fall fully under the umbrella of Guilty Gear Xrd, make a new thread. This one gets cluttered enough even when it's on-topic. Don't make it worse.

I'm late but this isn't the Melee thread. Or even the Smash thread.If you want to discuss a topic that does not fall fully under the umbrella of Guilty Gear Xrd, make a new thread. This one gets cluttered enough even when it's on-topic. Don't make it worse.

I already got you homie =p