Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I don't think so.  The better question is: "When's the next Revelator Loketest?"

If I had to guess... I'd say Revelator will be ready for consoles by next year and come out in Arcades in the fall.

(*PS: I have no idea how to read tourney brackets... it's just a bunch of random numbers to me. :psyduck:)

How many loketests for Revelator are left? did they ever specify any number?

No, they never did. Can't really say much more than that until they actually announce another loketest or two.

(*PS: I have no idea how to read tourney brackets... it's just a bunch of random numbers to me. :psyduck:)

You click on them. Magical, I know.

I don't think so.  The better question is: "When's the next Revelator Loketest?"

If I had to guess... I'd say Revelator will be ready for consoles by next year and come out in Arcades in the fall.

Revelator is slated for "Summer 2015" which still has about two months left.

Now that I got a look at the Brackets, how many Dustloop members are going to EVO (preferably to rep GGXrd I mean)?

This is interesting.

Does landing recovery "save", or is it only relevant to the move you last performed? I've been wondering about that and I won't be able to check it out myself for a few days, so maybe someone already tried it?

For example, Sol's j.D has 5 frames of landing recovery, but if done early enough you can cancel it into a different air normal. So, assuming I do j.D and then cancel it into something like j.P or j.HS (which of course don't have landing recovery), do I still get landing recovery? 

Also, writing this post made me curious. Is it possible that landing recovery on a move like this (one that doesn't recover until landing, but rather has set recovery frames) doesn't occur if you recover BEFORE you land? I'm kinda abusing that j.D lately and very rarely get punished for it if I do it high enough. 

Come on, I'm just posting something that wasn't posted before.

Tryna find out what is so amazing about that clip. I mean daigo did scrape him pretty bad but I think I'm missing something.

Come on, I'm just posting something that wasn't posted before.

Except it was.

Tryna find out what is so amazing about that clip. I mean daigo did scrape him pretty bad but I think I'm missing something.

The clip in itself is Daigo being, well, Daigo. It's the perceived announcer hype that makes the clip stand out.

For example, Sol's j.D has 5 frames of landing recovery, but if done early enough you can cancel it into a different air normal. So, assuming I do j.D and then cancel it into something like j.P or j.HS (which of course don't have landing recovery), do I still get landing recovery?

The landing frames on j.D probably only happen before the last recovery frame, that is, during the move (startup/active/recovery). Because when you j.D and recover in time, you return to neutral and can perform another action, theorically. So no, I believe you wont get the extra landing recovery.

But I may be wrong!

The remix I posted wasn't posted earlier, just the original. If it was I didn't see it was.

The remix I posted wasn't posted earlier, just the original. If it was I didn't see it was.

Can't relate to the thread

Did anyone happen to save the machaboo coaching daigo to play XRD this morning? If its any good, upload to youtube please.

(I dont have nico premium).

Did anyone happen to save the machaboo coaching daigo to play XRD this morning? If its any good, upload to youtube please.

(I dont have nico premium).

have only seen it over nico so far http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26626425

guess 1st online qualifiers held also w/ FAB on commentary, seems Nakamura and Takehara (Ram, 2nd place at KSB) in too

Can we just get over this Daigo topic already ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

People love their celebrity talk, as indicated by the constant mentions of FAB, Ogawa and the rest in this thread.

Can we just get over this Daigo topic already ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The most well known fighting game player in the world is playing our game again.  What's wrong with talking about that, and furthermore how is it any different than the usual gushing over Ogawa and such?  

The most well known fighting game player in the world is playing our game again.  What's wrong with talking about that, and furthermore how is it any different than the usual gushing over Ogawa and such?  

Because Ogawa, FAB, Nage and friends are actually good at GG?

What's important is Daigo playing puts the spotlight on Xrd because Capcom fans and casuals will follow everything he does.  That's good for Xrd because it means more potential new players.  You want that, don't you?

What's important is Daigo playing puts the spotlight on Xrd because Capcom fans and casuals will follow everything he does.  That's good for Xrd because it means more potential new players.  You want that, don't you?

I should've been more specific with my quote. What I'm responding to here is 

how is it any different than the usual gushing over Ogawa and such?  

and nothing more. That said, what you said about the exposure it gives Xrd is absolutely right and it will make more people look at the game, which is a huge boon. I'm just pointing out that Daigo hasn't played this game in over 10 years, he has a LOT of catching up to do to get on the same level as the GG gods.

Seriously. In this game, just as in nearly everything, being good doesn't immediately make you successful. We all know the stories of less skilled players beating better opponents. Haven't you ever seen Marvel in action?

Daigo's always been good enough to win. Not top level, just functional.