Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

and now Battle Fantasia's PC port being a complete disaster.

Sounds like a personal problem, i've had no issues whatsoever beyond the netcode, which was bad on console too.

Whoever's manning their twitter is dope. I like the cut of his jib. Not every company has the balls to make fun of their fans.

Most companies usually keep their mouth shut since fans are the ones buying their shit and keeping them in business.

Also, if you're gonna throw passive-aggressive stones, make sure you're not living in a poorly ported glass house.

People should really stop to drop money on ArcSys's PC ports. Just let them suffocate on the trash they call re-releases and be done with it. They will never bring a worthwhile game to Steam. The games are either outdated or have horrible netplay. Giving this company any more money is worse than burning it. At least fire gives you warmth. Just buy a cheap PS3 and play the damn game already. I too would love a PC release but I am not delusional enough to seriously think that these clowns will ever change their ways. After all, most JP developers lack respect for foreign platforms. That is nothing new.

People should really stop to drop money on ArcSys's PC ports. Just let them suffocate on the trash they call re-releases and be done with it. They will never bring a worthwhile game to Steam. The games are either outdated or have horrible netplay. Giving this company any more money is worse than burning it. At least fire gives you warmth. Just buy a cheap PS3 and play the damn game already. I too would love a PC release but I am not delusional enough to seriously think that these clowns will ever change their ways. After all, most JP developers lack respect for foreign platforms. That is nothing new.

I hope you aren't writing AC+R off for being "outdated" when there are still plenty of people who play the game and many who actually prefer it to Xrd.  As for bad netcode, you're not wrong trust me, but fighters are an offline experience first and foremost.  Everything else you said is pretty much true though.  

Whoever's manning their twitter is dope. I like the cut of his jib. Not every company has the balls to make fun of their fans.

Pfffft that's amateur shit.  Look at the way the masters fuck with their fanbases.  Kojima, Ono, Sakurai, Ed Boon...Arcsys ain't shit son lol.

Shut up about the PC port business, please. This thread is for discussing Xrd, not ArcSys PC ports.

But the topic is about Xrd PC ports.

I wouldn't expect much from ARCSysUS, they're just the slacker-P.R. department that somehow got cobbled together for the most part, even the Japanese news sites that discuss things with ARCSys in interviews get more polite responses from the main company.

America is not the Face of ARCSys, guys, just face the facts... it's a Japanese company and they barely know what the other half is doing/saying, so don't take it too hard.

I'd sooner trust news updates from Siliconera or MoriP than a tweet from ARCSysUS.

Sega of America / Sega of Japan has had nearly the exact same problem over the years, even SCEA/SCEJ have different policies.

Don't let it get to you.

But the topic is about Xrd PC ports.

"The topic is about something that doesn't actually exist" NO! Please stop.

I wouldn't expect much from ARCSysUS, they're just the slacker-P.R. department that somehow got cobbled together for the most part, even the Japanese news sites that discuss things with ARCSys in interviews get more polite responses from the main company.

America is not the Face of ARCSys, guys, just face the facts... it's a Japanese company and they barely know what the other half is doing/saying, so don't take it too hard.

I'd sooner trust news updates from Siliconera or MoriP than a tweet from ARCSysUS.

Sega of America / Sega of Japan has had nearly the exact same problem over the years, even SCEA/SCEJ have different policies.

Don't let it get to you.

It doesn't mean criticism can't be leveled at the western branch AND the Japanese branch for lack of communication. 

"The topic is about something that doesn't actually exist" NO! Please stop.

But it's been confirmed. It's news. The news is about Xrd. There's also a conversation about how the way the news was delivered. It's on-topic.

Any revalator news yet ?

I'm hoping to see at least some footage, mostly of Johnny.

But it's been confirmed. It's news. The news is about Xrd. There's also a conversation about how the way the news was delivered. It's on-topic.

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/618562896734228480

Just because we acknowledge something doesn't automagically mean it's a confirmation for anything.

Yep, totally been confirmed. Kappa

Seriously, their tweet is the equivalent of an outburst over constant nagging a la "Can we go to Mount Splashmore" *Infinity.

The only relevant Revalator news I want to hear is some kind of change list that includes a slew of buffs for Ramlethal. Cause what she's got right now ain't cutting it! Regardless idk who told them they were fine with the balance, it's close but a few more shitty characters could use a couple enhancements. AKA BUFF RAMMY. Also a few of the top guys could use a few tweaks, nothing too crazy, and I'm actually fine with they way they are now. Execpt Elphet. Yeah no, somethings gotta change with that chick. Litterally has everything haha

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/618562896734228480

Yep, totally been confirmed. Kappa

Seriously, their tweet is the equivalent of an outburst over constant nagging a la "Can we go to Mount Splashmore" *Infinity.

Good thing they said that in the main post "kappa"

Also I'm not sure if "automagically" is meant to be a really sarcastic twist on automatically or if they just made a typo.

The only relevant Revalator news I want to hear is some kind of change list that includes a slew of buffs for Ramlethal. Cause what she's got right now ain't cutting it! Regardless idk who told them they were fine with the balance, it's close but a few more shitty characters could use a couple enhancements. AKA BUFF RAMMY. Also a few of the top guys could use a few tweaks, nothing too crazy, and I'm actually fine with they way they are now. Execpt Elphet. Yeah no, somethings gotta change with that chick. Litterally has everything haha

well...

WAIFUS DIE ANGRY

Well, that's direct confirmation that Ishiwatari knows about that OS.  Now we just have to hope that enough people complain so that they'll want to fix it.

And that's an awesome answer.  I'm glad they take that approach to fixing bugs.

Yeah, that's a really good answer. Devs that make kneejerk decisions about things like this are kind of frustrating. Sure, they'll get rid of this ASAP, but then we'd have lost things like FDC and Jump Install that went on to become important parts of certain characters.

I'm still hoping for a new char or 2

There'll probably be one or two more characters before this hits consoles. I'd bet good money on a new boss character at the very least.

I think they should just remove that OS all together. I question their judgement because it's a really stupid OS that shouldn't be in any fighter. Currently a lot are really looking forward to SF5 with one of many reasons being they're removing a lot of the OS-options that were present in SF4 and a lot of top players are welcoming this.

By not removing it outright it will just stay in the game longer than it should because they're now waiting for feedback instead of just fixing it.