Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Seems a lot of the questions were ones he already talked about in the interviews, sadly no one asked if Revelator will be on both PS3/PS4 again, and if it will use GGPO/Rollback

Seems a lot of the questions were ones he already talked about in the interviews, sadly no one asked if Revelator will be on both PS3/PS4 again, and if it will use GGPO/Rollback

It's not even out in arcades, so I doubt they have any concrete console plans.

Let go of ggpo, seriously. Implementing a new netcode that works fundamentally different than the already existing one, while possible, would take up so much effort, money and time that it wouldn't be worth it one bit. Revelator is just and update to existing code. ASW will not waste time to rewrite the console version.

Any idea who won the 3V3 to qualify for Arc Revo?

GCYoshi Bedman, 2GB Combo Venom, Lord Knight Millia

From eventhubs..Evo 2015 Xrd results

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/jul/17/evo-2015-live-stream-ft-daigo-momochi-luffy-mago-xian-kazunoko-justin-wong-chrisg-mango-leffen-zero-sonicfox-ogawa-jdcr-cd-jr-and-more/

Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN — Results

1. Ogawa (Zato-1)
2. ODG|Nage (Faust)
3. Woshige (Millia)
4. Nakamura (Millia)
5. Dogura (Sin)
5. Rion (Ky)
7. Syuuto (Axl)
7. Zidane (Leo Whitefang)

9. Mikado|NOB (Sol)
9. Kedako (May)
9. KidViper (Elphelt)
9. Mikado|Hasegawa (I-No)
13. Koichi (I-No, Millia)
13. Makkii (Elphelt)
13. RF (Faust)
13. TMP|Cross (Zato-1)

17. Bleed (Sin)
17. Min (Sin)
17. TS|NerdJosh (Elphelt)
17. Taka (Slayer)
17. Yat (Chipp)
17. Consomme
17. Tonio
17. The|Fab (Potemkin)

25. FF|ElvenShadow (Faust)
25. Die-chan (Elphelt)
25. Hotashi (Elphelt)
25. Daymendon (Slayer)
25. PurePure
25. MikeMuscles (Slayer)
25. MC|GCYoshi (Bedman)
25. High Niki (Sol)

Most used character is Elph  "no Venom ??"

Just something I kept note of while watching the stream of the Ishiwatari interview...

https://twitter.com/glidesu/status/622971554138226688

Jack-O and (some other character) is difficult to balance...

I wonder who the additional character would be?

We can probably assume it is someone original since if it was an old character they would have an idea of how to balance them.

We can probably assume it is someone original since if it was an old character they would have an idea of how to balance them.

I think it would be Raven since now That Man was kidnapped, his servant would go riot like I-No, Jack-o and Raven. Raven would be old but new since he was never being playable as a FG character before.

Nah I don't think it means anything. He said Ram was hard to balance too. Jack-O will probably be trash as well ;_;

Nah I don't think it means anything. He said Ram was hard to balance too. Jack-O will probably be trash as well ;_;

I don't think Jack-O would be at vanilla Bullet or vanilla Izayoi level. That kind of playstyle is asking for some crazy ass mixup right there since it was like an army of Mini Faust.

I think its more of those character that is harder to met at the middle point. One balance could either be very good or very bad.

I look at dizzy where shes either trash tier or high tier. There probably a few characters in the same boat that cant met half way unless you want to throw away their character concept and weaken that aspect thats makes them who they are.

Jack 'o can only be very good or very bad. I dont think their is an inbetwee point, either her minions works or they just get overrun by her opponent.

Ogawa note snip

Here's my personal disclaimer: If Ogawa didn't care about people taking these I think that's great, but if people lifted these from the stage I'm on the fence about the ethics of these being posted. But, it is what it is, and we might as well glean what we can from top player thought process since it's already out there. 

A couple of anonymous JP BBS posters were able to figure out most of the handwriting, so shout-outs to them. 

Left side:

ヲシゲ~~~

Woshige ~~~          

1) かいまくは最初なにもしない     

二回目からかんがえる               

Round start, don't go for anything. (かいまく could probably be accurately translated for FGs as an opening gambit, so like, "don't do anything crazy at round start")

Second round, use your head. (lit: second time around, think about it)

2) わざすかりまちだろうから         

びだっしゅのするようにする

I got nothing on this one. I have no idea what びだっしゅ is which kind of ruins the whole thing.

どぐらたいさく  

Dogura strategy/counter-measures

3) しょうりゅうおおめなのをいしき  

Lots of DPs; stay on your toes

4) バーストよみすごい多目         

Assuming this is about Dogura Sin, "has a ton of burst safe combo routes/burst baits."

Right side:

7/19

1) エディゲージ赤のときはぜったい

せめこまない

When you have no Eddie gauge, DO NOT go in.

2) うけみとったあとのふゆう         

からせめこむのが~~いいの                                 .

まけパターンになる

Attacking from an air tech (I think he's using ふゆう to refer to flight but it's usually called 飛行, so he might be referring to the air tech -> fly j. K shenanigans) is pretty rad, but if you go for it too much it will cost you in the long run.

3) 回収黄キャンてってい  

Very important to YRC after unsummon.                              

4) 空中なげいけないときは                              

しない

Don't go for air throws it doesn't look like you can realistically get.

5) がめんはじこんのアレをきめる                       

This one is very vague, but one of the Japanese players said that 'are' refers to a Millia specific combo from a high air throw -> RRC -> Summon -> Shadow gallery wallstick + ]D[ set that does like 90%.

Based on that the translation would be like "In the corner, finish it with 'that' combo".

So the notes on the right side are more general gameplay reminders instead of character/player specific notes?

So the notes on the right side are more general gameplay reminders instead of character/player specific notes?

Seems that way.