Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Well evo 2014 ultra sf4 had 3 westerns in the too 8 and japan only had a 2 month advantage, vanilla persona had 4 USA in the top 8 and japan only had a 4 month advantage. The time advantage makes a really big difference early on.

Conversely Japan had a nine month edge with P4A:U and took 13 or 14 (I don't recognize every player) of the top 16 and all of the top 8 at Evo 2015.  I would also consider dropping the "early on" part with regards to time with the game making a big difference.  When I've looked at tournament results over multiple versions of a game relative to release dates it (and I'm very aware of how crude this sort of metric is as there aren't many games OR tournaments to go off of) but it would seem that the experience edge compounds over time rather than diminishes.

I was pretty salty about Zidane when Evo happened (mostly because I was betting on a FAB/Nage/Ogawa top 3, and he made that impossible), but in the end he must have done something right to get that far. Perhaps his style really was off the wall for the Japanese players, but it's not like they have always been all super clean (Kusoru anyone?).

In the end, I think that Japan has advantage over the US (don't get me started on Europe... it's not that there are no good players, don't get me wrong, but there is a certain lack or consistency to Europe as a whole) strictly based on the overall player quality and matchup variety. A couple months of head start are also helpful, but it all comes down to them being able to utilize the time better, not just having more.

Reminder that less than half of the best Japanese players came to Evo this year.

Also it's not Zidane's first time reaching top 8 at Evo.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Guilty Gear Anime? Yes please but let Madhouse or Ufotable do it with Team Red art direction because I can't wait to see the story from the Missing Link to X.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=1622

Final Loketest for Revelator starting July 30 and lasting for a whole week.

Johnny and Jack-O' finally have their voices and Slayer has his new voice actor.

Jack-O' voiced by Hiromi Igarashi. Slayer now voiced by Takaya Hashi. Johnny still voiced by Wakamoto.

Locations:

Sega Akihabara Building 1

Sega Kagurazaka

Club Sega Shinjuku Nishiguchi

Aime cards and the players guild will be usable at this loketest. "Episode Mode" (arcade story mode) and "Sparring Mode" are available to play at the loketest.

(Here's hoping they do a decent remake of Super Dodge Ball, that game on NES was pretty fun back in the day).

The ChinaJoy game show mentioned in this interview will be going live soon BTW.  Don't get your hopes up.

http://zone.tudou.com/playstation?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=1622

Final Loketest for Revelator starting July 30 and lasting for a whole week.

Johnny and Jack-O' finally have their voices and Slayer has his new voice actor.

Jack-O' voiced by Hiromi Igarashi. Slayer now voiced by Takaya Hashi. Johnny still voiced by Wakamoto.

Locations:

Sega Akihabara Building 1

Sega Kagurazaka

Club Sega Shinjuku Nishiguchi

Aime cards and the players guild will be usable at this loketest. "Episode Mode" (arcade story mode) and "Sparring Mode" are available to play at the loketest.

I am not mentally ready for this!

Blade Thanks for the translation greatly appreciated :)

Tokkan any news on if the final character will be in the test? (I say final char bc we all know arc doesn't put a question mark in for random select lol)

Tokkan any news on if the final character will be in the test? (I say final char bc we all know arc doesn't put a question mark in for random select lol)

If there was news I would have included it. Sorry to disappoint you.

If there was news I would have included it. Sorry to disappoint you.

Lol no disappointment at all. Still appreciate the translation :)

ooh

ooh

I have to wonder what this change in name entails for the arcade mode.

New loketest, unexpected. Awesome, but unexpected. Maybe they'll stream it like BBCF's most recent loketest?

New loketest, unexpected. Awesome, but unexpected. Maybe they'll stream it like BBCF's most recent loketest?

Arc didn't stream last loke test, they streamed the trail event that was the day before.

So I don't expect them to stream.

However it's likely they will have a stream the day before the arcade release.

New rumored loketest change: Slayer instant kill now hits fullscreen.

On both sides.

And comboes as OTG hit.

New rumored loketest change: Slayer instant kill now hits fullscreen.

On both sides.

And comboes as OTG hit.

You forgot about Dandy Step>PKSHS to activate IK mode. 

On a more serious note, I hope I'm curious if they will re-record all of Slayer's clips, or will it be more like English Kanji in P4AU, where most of the VA work was just copied from Troy Baker, and only the new lines and arcade/story mode were Matthew Mercer. 

Alright Blade, since the loketest is now underway if there is ONE balance change, I want you on your knees begging for forgiveness. Okay :)?