Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Jack-O' now has actual names for her specials. Here's what the movelist looks like.

SPECIALS
Dust Attack (5D)
Remove the Chain of Chiron (j.5D)
Elysion Driver (6D | Air OK)
Hunger of Dopros (4D | Air OK)
Zest (2D | Air OK)
Set a Ghost (22P/K/S)
Pick up a Ghost (2P Near a Ghost)
- Set (2P/K/S)
- Put Away (4P/K/S)
- Throw (5P/K/S)
Organ Deployment (22HS)
- Retrive All Ghosts (P)
- Clock Up (K)
- Explosion (S)
- Aegis Field (HS)
- Cancel (D)

OVERDRIVE
Calvados (214+S OR D | Air OK)
Forever Elysion Driver (360 + P | Air OK)

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php/topic/10873-ggxrd-revelator-jack-o-hype-thread/?p=928551

I posted the list earlier, but I think you did better.

Somehow, I knew they would change Elph's design. Really glad they did. 

BB Hood did the older concept better. 

-Kimosabae 

Raven apparently has a full polygon model and can be seen moving around during Episode Mode cutscenes. Just like Sin was in the last game...

Haven't seen any confirmations who the Episode Mode final boss actually is, but it doesn't sound like he's the one...

https://twitter.com/hiroki_yukari/status/626601174179840004

Apparently, Raven brings some sort of hint to bring back Elphelt.

Raven apparently has a full polygon model and can be seen moving around during Episode Mode cutscenes. Just like Sin was in the last game...

(HYPE INTENSIFIES)

Also, the final boss will most likely be Elphelt.

Haven't seen any confirmations who the Episode Mode final boss actually is, but it doesn't sound like he's the one...

This means nothing.  Remember that according to Ishi, the model for Johnny in Xrd story was NOT enough to make him playable, they had to do a new one.  Unless by "like Sin" you mean in real time and not story mode models.

The new character art reminds me of the God Eater animation, which is currently airing. Maybe they took inspiration from it.

A16370-2734273480.1435342003.jpg

Do we have any footage or tweets which describes Ravens appearance? Does he look like in Overture or has he got a redesign too?

I really hope Raven is in, eventually. I think it's the smartest move for ASW now. On one side, he's a character that I guess everyone wants to finally see in a fighting game, and on the other there will be no "if you put character X then why didn't you put Z!?" that would be inevitable. 

Elphelt looks great, I'm glad they're doing something with her. My guess is that you'll be able to purchase a "classic" Elphelt costume eventually, like with Noel in BBCP. 

I gotta say I really dislike this new look for Elphelt : / I hope to god we get a classic version of her.  

Also hoping for Raven.  The only GG character I'm interested in playing seriously.

Would be smart to put all servants in and finish Elphelt sidequest to continue in the next big sequel the japan colony thing with Anji and Baiken.

Elphelt looks great, I'm glad they're doing something with her. My guess is that you'll be able to purchase a "classic" Elphelt costume eventually, like with Noel in BBCP.

doubt it. Noel's was a different costume, this is just a different palette like Dark Tsubaki. And her original colors weren't released in BBCP so I kind of doubt they'd do that for Elphelt. But there is a first time for everything, so who knows.

It just bothers me why dark Elphelt is back since she reverted back to her original self at the end of Xrd's story

doubt it. Noel's was a different costume, this is just a different palette like Dark Tsubaki.

... wat? Are we looking at the same image? Because Elphelt's costume looks pretty different.