Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I propose a new rule, everyone who complains about how much they want "old school GG" back has to deal with Reload Slayer bite loops and try to block vanilla X2 Eddie.  

Or Dragon Re-Install (my favorite) and Charge Cancels all day.

So, just to let you know, Jack-O is going to annoy the living hell out of everyone once you have to go up against her. Projectile shields + minions + her throwing houses and shit at you = RAAAAAAGE!!! Some dude was racking up a 15-winstreak or something with her. But, I'm sure her days are numbered.

And something random that I don't think was mentioned. Elphelt has a new entry cutscene. She's in Hammer Space, runs up to what I can only describe as the giant door from Fullmetal Alchemist, stops to catch her breath (gratuitous boob jiggle) says a line ("This is my Virgin Road" or "Maybe this is the day I'll find my husband" or something) and opens the door as the screen fades to white. It's seemed slightly lengthy compared to some other characters, but I may be misrembering. Her winpose is the same. And her voice is the same as before. I think someone may have said that her voice sounded more robotic, but it doesn't. It's the same.

Jack-O kind of flips in between a lol-worthy high-pitched voice and then a normal voice depending on if she's trolling you or not. She seems to talk about her lollipops frequently. Something like, "You made me drop one. I still have more though." when she wins.

I played against many Jack-Os and beat them even JT.

She doesn't have stupidly good normals like Elphelt or even Ram.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

From the little youve seen how well do you think she is balanced at this point?

From the little youve seen how well do you think she is balanced at this point?

Definitely not a fucked up gameplay design like Elphelt.

Reposting this from the GGXrd Story Thread in case people missed it:

New character I'm hearing about by the name of  "Tuner" (調律師, Chouritsushi).

---Apparently is the Doctor for the Japanese (Faust and Chronus are trying to contact her).

---Wears Japanese clothing and a bell of some kind.

---Tuner seems to be friends with Johnny.

---Leo speaks to Tuner at some point (Leo says it's only been a few days after the end of Xrd's Story)

---Faust says something to the effect that the Japanese "Ki Overflow Syndrome" is a more advanced case than Mays and can't be treated in the same way as she is being treated for it (something to do with having a very high and increasing Fever, despite other diseases and outdoor temperatures).

Other stuff:

---People are chasing Jack-O' (who goes by Jack-O'Valentine in the story supposedly)

---Jack-O' holds "Half of Aria" but Aria was used as material to make Justice (fans suspect Elphelt may have part of Aria inside her too)

---Jack-O' has some kind of mental regression thing going on and acts very childlike for a reason.

---Jack-O' looks at Sol and recalls memories, but these aren't Aria's memories.

---Jack-O' wears her mask "because" she looks like Aria.

---Chronus couldn't fuse with Justice properly last time.

---Sol is dealing with the "Flame of Corruption" inside of him (his Gear nature?)

---Raven is trying to help save Elphelt, who is currently being 'protected' in Bedman's Dream World(?)

I'll try and find more if it's coherent.

Who do you use? That may have something to do with it.

I wasn't trying to imply that she was super broken. Just annoying. By "her days are numbered" I meant people will figure it out.

So Ky has an arcade mode boss version with red eye powers now? Wut?

GEAR MODE KY?!

@Poultrygeist: I think I might be mistaken (sorry it took so long to reply back):

http://i.imgur.com/gaBAP1z.jpg 

https://twitter.com/hiroki_yukari/status/626601174179840004

https://twitter.com/kuma6057/status/626565407575441409

But I think that's an old picture and not the one in game >.<

I'll keep looking :/

I really want to see his face when he knows Dizzy is a mother now.

Oh, considering Testament used to be a smooth as fuck gentleman to Dizzy in X and X2 (Gosh, his conver. with Dizzy in X2 would make any girl faint of awesomeness.) I don't have many blood vein with pop up from his face.

GEAR MODE KY?!

@Poultrygeist: I think I might be mistaken (sorry it took so long to reply back):

http://i.imgur.com/gaBAP1z.jpg 

https://twitter.com/hiroki_yukari/status/626601174179840004

https://twitter.com/kuma6057/status/626565407575441409

But I think that's an old picture and not the one in game >.<

I'll keep looking :/

Holy shit, Gold Mode came back? Boss Slayer is going to be bitch.

Boss elphelt son. OG berry pine with plus proration on explosion.

Jeah maybe make Boss Sol have non stop Fafnirs that destroy everything...

Oh wait

Haha. Well hopefully with this being the final loketest we're not too far off from an official release date for Revelator arcades. I'm about ready to see Johnny in non sneaky shaky cam.

Only question is, will Satou go back to Johnny or will the Millia thirst be too stronk?

He's said that millia is boring, so I'd assume he would return to being Johnny god again

Haha. Well hopefully with this being the final loketest we're not too far off from an official release date for Revelator arcades. I'm about ready to see Johnny in non sneaky shaky cam.

Only question is, will Satou go back to Johnny or will the Millia thirst be too stronk?

Satou have been paying Johnny ever since the 1st location test.

Doing some really amazing stuff.

But Johnny is definitely the most changed character from the previous cast.

So it will take sometime before he master him.

considering the fact that he dropped xrd and started playing koihime because millia was unchanged in 1.1 and was too boring...

though at yakiniku last friday he said by the time i get back to japan he might've given up on johnny lmao (if johnny is too much of a struggle)

considering the fact that he dropped xrd and started playing koihime because millia was unchanged in 1.1 and was too boring...

though at yakiniku last friday he said by the time i get back to japan he might've given up on johnny lmao (if johnny is too much of a struggle)

Does he just find Xrd's system boring?