Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Some corrections since I didn't check it all

Zadi (Sin) is with Sharon and Hasegawa

Ain is with BOB and Kisha

Fixed! In my source i was wondering why it had ain sharon hasegawa zadi (4 names in same row). So for some reason Ain was in the wrong row then :)

Also teams are up thanks to Jourdal. http://pastebin.com/RDfV81ih

Character counts:

Axl: 7
Bedman: 11
Chipp: 7
Elphelt: 16
Faust: 13
I-No: 12
Ky: 7
Leo: 8
May: 7
Millia: 14
Potemkin: 6
Ramlethal: 10
Sin: 13
Slayer: 12
Sol: 12
Venom: 10
Zato: 12

59 teams, so there are 177 players. That seems like a hell of a lot... I wonder how long the tournament will take.

So..... Machaboo has a Zato?
https://youtu.be/_3Dox-NAYMA?t=5468 

Daigo uses like 2-3 fingers exclusively? Is that common? I know I have weak fingers but I never thought about not using them. 

Wow, Machaboo's Zato looks really legit from those sets. Not looking good for Daigo if those sets are any indication. lol

I only use 3 fingers on GG except for activating ik on a rare occasion and pretty much every other fighting game(also never use more than 6 buttons)

Edited by Dosu

For those that don't already know, the final online qualifier for TOSHIN-GEKITOTSU concluded recently.
The winners were Hamburg (EL) for the Guilty Gear Kings Army and Ain (KY) for the Pro Gamer Allied Forces.
Also, the EVO Championship Series 2015 representative will be Dogura (SI), leaving only the ARC REVOLUTION CUP 2015 spot remaining.

I sure hope these colours won't be used during the tournaments. Golds look cool, especially with the aura effect, but with blacks you can barely distinguish any features besides the silhouette in some cases. Just imagine a match with black Bedman...

Damn, a lot more Bedman, I-no, Sin and Slayer than I expected. Heck, even Venom got 2 digits as well.

Venom, and Bedman okay, but are I-no, Sin, and Slayer unpopular in japan or something?

Venom, and Bedman okay, but are I-no, Sin, and Slayer unpopular in japan or something?

I think it's because of Elphelt, Faust and Millia flood that overshadowed the other 3 players. Granted I-No wasn't that too hot back in the day either. What suprirsed me was that Axl player was pretty damn low despite his popularity lately.

I think it's because of Elphelt, Faust and Millia flood that overshadowed the other 3 players. Granted I-No wasn't that too hot back in the day either. What suprirsed me was that Axl player was pretty damn low despite his popularity lately.

Seriously, it's just the number of people who is good/believed to be good enough  to compete in this tournament. Faust and Slayer was probably 2 most popular character in competitive scene back in XX era. 

Gold and Shadow colours glith.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this on an old version?  There's no space for Leo (not even the question mark placeholder to suggest he just wasn't purchased), and when they highlight his position it's using old temp art.

... May not mean anything but may also mean it's no longer possible. 

Description says they updated the PS4, opened it and it was like this.  Perhaps they've got the DLC installed but are running an old version still and somehow the game isn't catching the difference?

Edited by 9TNine

Is he popular? There might have been a brief surge after 1.1 dropped (although I suspect that was more people just getting blown up by Rensen YRC), but I hardly ever see Axl players.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this on an old version?  There's no space for Leo (not even the question mark placeholder to suggest he just wasn't purchased), and when they highlight his position it's using old temp art.

... May not mean anything but may also mean it's no longer possible. 

Description says they updated the PS4, opened it and it was like this.  Perhaps they've got the DLC installed but are running an old version still and somehow the game isn't catching the difference?

The colour of the Life Gauge goes from red to yellow, indicating that the game is on Ver.1.0. Ver.1.1 is the other way around.

The colour of the Life Gauge goes from red to yellow, indicating that the game is on Ver.1.0. Ver.1.1 is the other way around.

And it doesn't have the proper Leo artwork in the character select. Version mismatch or something?

Is he popular? There might have been a brief surge after 1.1 dropped (although I suspect that was more people just getting blown up by Rensen YRC), but I hardly ever see Axl players.

From what I heard, after the buff, the rise of Axl suddenly bursted out like how Faust in +R and Xrd did. Heck, even in the States, the online had a significantly more Axl than you normally get.