Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Now I can say for sure that I don't like the new look of Raven, seems like he's just a normal human with a horn transplanted in his forehand to seem cool now, his artwork in Reload was much, much better.

Regarding Jam, that's good news for me because it probably means there's more chances for Bridget to come out as well eventually, other than that since they did well to remember about Slayer being too op back in #R days I hope they do the same with her.

I have zero issues with Jam, shes great. But her of all people? Before Dizzy?

I find it a bit strange as well. I would have guessed that Dizzy would be a more popular choice if they wanted a female character, or some really unique character like Zappa. Was the fan demand for Jam that big?

Jam is fine too, because you know they are going through backlog instead of making new character shrug. Although playable dizzy would be nice too.

Maybe she is smaller so they put her in the base game and will make Dizzy console dlc since people are more likely to drop money for that.

I think it makes sense adding Jam from a gameplay perspective. There wasn't anyone really dedicated to more traditional rushdown style with the exception of Chipp, while someone like Dizzy would bring more setplay in a game that's pretty dominated by it. 

well I was expecting Raven or even Testa...but from the conversation between that man and raven it seems like he's not gonna step up yet and they'll leave jack-o to do her thing first

So REVELATOR's coming to Japanese arcades in ten days, eh? Now  I REALLY regret not going with my bro to Japan, he'd just left a few days ago.

But for now, I'll settle with the gameplay videos to come.

The Hype Train's a-rollin'!

Yup August 25th just became the most important date of the month for me.

I just need to find Arc Revo VoDs since my weak body slept through the stream

I find it a bit strange as well. I would have guessed that Dizzy would be a more popular choice if they wanted a female character, or some really unique character like Zappa. Was the fan demand for Jam that big?

Probably decent enough demand. But, I don't know if it would be so much more than any other missing character.

Also keep in mind that Dizzy is likely hella hard to animate in 3-D.

Probably decent enough demand. But, I don't know if it would be so much more than any other missing character.

Also keep in mind that Dizzy is likely hella hard to animate in 3-D.

Not to mention a more complicated character from a programming/concept standpoint than Jam is.  Jam rushes you down, hits you and buffs herself.  Dizzy has a bunch of variables with projectiles and traps and shit.  Really I'm surprised it even took this long for Jam, I thought her relative simplicity would have made her one of the first ones.

I have zero issues with Jam, shes great. But her of all people? Before Dizzy?

It could be for a story reason. Then again, it's just Jam.

They'll probably add more characters for Console anyway.

So, the important question: anybody got a rough translation of the convo between Raven and That Man in the trailer?

Here is the Jam reveal for anyone interested:

I knew it was coming, but I'm so happy to see her back!!!

MY CHARACTER IS BACK!

Maybe now's a good time to actually get good. lol

Lmao true. So lucky that I get to go to Japan on October, I must play this once I'm in there.

There was no qualifiers to this thou. Anyone could have participated.

No qualifiers? Samitto qualified by winning Godsgarden, the US team qualified by winning the 3v3 at Evo, and I thought Ogawa qualified by winning Evo. How did the rest of the teams get in?

And to think that people expected Zappa, Dizzy and Baiken when the answer was right in front of us all this time.

Johnny
Jack'O
Jam

And to think that people expected Zappa, Dizzy and Baiken when the answer was right in front of us all this time.

Hidden Content

well, they could have just changed Dizzy's name to match.

Edited by Mai-ah

Hidden Content

Then where's Justice?  WHAT NOW, HUH?