Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Then where's Justice?  WHAT NOW, HUH?

In the console version. *menacing onomatopoeia from JoJo*

*ekhem*, more on topic now, Raven looks great in motion. Even just turning around and barely moving, there's something so cool about him. I hope that he will be playable soon. 

Mmmh I admit I'm recently not checking this topic  and now that ggxrd revelator arcade version has been announced you probably know more than me....  So can you guys sum up everything and tell me what is new in this version obviously except for new chara and stages, please? Any new moves, new balance update etc...?

Mmmh I admit I'm recently not checking this topic  and now that ggxrd revelator arcade version has been announced you probably know more than me....  So can you guys sum up everything and tell me what is new in this version obviously except for new chara and stages, please? Any new moves, new balance update etc...?

None.  Same exact balance as SIGN.  System has some changes though, particularly to blitz shield, danger time, the addition of burst powered overdrives, etc.

None.  Same exact balance as SIGN.  System has some changes though, particularly to blitz shield, danger time, the addition of burst powered overdrives, etc.

thanks mate... I'm starting to hate arc system policy :(  too much money to play their heated-up-soup-games...

No qualifiers? Samitto qualified by winning Godsgarden, the US team qualified by winning the 3v3 at Evo, and I thought Ogawa qualified by winning Evo. How did the rest of the teams get in?

It was just register to enter :(

Then where's Justice?  WHAT NOW, HUH?

#JudgmentMasterRaceWhen :v: <gets shot.

why does Jam look so young though??

For the same reason Ky looks like he took a dip in the Lazarus Pits and seems rather young and spry for an aged/mature King. Technically, she's supposed to be a young gal anyway (roughly in the ballpark of May, give or take a few years). Or you could just write it off as an artistic choice.

August 25th can't come soon enough though. I've been craving for some more GG in my blood.

Well if all you care about is Gameplay and not the plot or the potential of other new characters, then I suppose you would be disappointed at the lack of changes.

Then again, having no major changes to the system lets players actually feel better adjusted to the characters they learned thus far, unlike the constant waffling and "new combo learning" that happens whenever a new BlazBlue game shows up.

Having the same thing every day can be a good thing or a bad thing, I guess.  Just depends on how you look at it.

Oh yeah, and I should also mention... the whole "why does Jam look so young" thing has a lot to do with the PLOT ITSELF!  
DUN DUN DUN.

You see, Jam and May use Ki, and so does Chipp and Kliff Undersn, even Baiken's age is a mystery.

Guess who could turn young at the drop of a hat using Ki?  Kliff certainly could.

So yeah, Ki has a lot to do with it, something Faust is trying to figure out.

For the same reason Ky looks like he took a dip in the Lazarus Pits and seems rather young and spry for an aged/mature King. Technically, she's supposed to be a young gal anyway (roughly in the ballpark of May, give or take a few years). Or you could just write it off as an artistic choice.

Well, for Ky, since Ky has the whole red eye thing in Xrd, it might mean he's a Gear, which might explain his age staying relatively the same.

Well, if Jam was like...I dunno, 18, in her last appearance then that would make her 24-ish now and that's probably not going to be a massive change in facial structure. Not to mention this is anime, where Kenshin Himura is 28 and looks the same age as Kaoru Kamiya, who's 16. And that's far from an egregious example. All of the other human GG adult characters look the same as well, don't they?

And then May hasn't aged because lolololi character.

If Bridget comes back and looks exactly the same, then we can start calling bullshit. Clearly, he had not gone through puberty yet.

The real question is, why do we even need to question jam's age? She's still hot. Plus, if she's being added, you can bet your sweet ass dizzy, Bridget and possibly even testament (and hopefully A.B.A) will be coming too.

Elphelt though.... Something about that new design... I'm just not liking it. Not on her. Ram would look way cooler with more spikes. El's old suit was the perfect balance of dainty yet hardcore, this is just straight hardcore if that makes sense... Not even her roses look like a suitable weapon with this outfit. But I digress. 

The real question is, why do we even need to question jam's age? She's still hot. Plus, if she's being added, you can bet your sweet ass dizzy, Bridget and possibly even testament (and hopefully A.B.A) will be coming too.

Elphelt though.... Something about that new design... I'm just not liking it. Not on her. Ram would look way cooler with more spikes. El's old suit was the perfect balance of dainty yet hardcore, this is just straight hardcore if that makes sense... Not even her roses look like a suitable weapon with this outfit. But I digress. 

Agreed about elphet. I feel the same about her new design. It doesn't suit her personality at all

Agreed about elphet. I feel the same about her new design. It doesn't suit her personality at all

I was never a huge fan of Elphet's original design, but I'm not yet sure whether I feel the redesign is an improvement or not... I guess I'll have to see it in an actual match to decide.

New theme song kicks ass! Ishiwatari doin' it proper once again.

I can almost guarantee you guys that Elphelt's new design is story-related. She even had a split second with the original design in the opening.

Any word yet on a console release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No news about console, but it's not exactly unexpected. The arcade version isn't even out yet and Arcsys tend to not announce console info this early. I'm willing to bet that the console version is coming out in spring or early summer next year. But I'd love to be completely wrong about this and have them release it in time for the holidays this year.

I can almost guarantee you guys that Elphelt's new design is story-related. She even had a split second with the original design in the opening.

No she didn't, that was from the ending of Xrd.