Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I don't wanna be "that" guy, but considering the fact that Jam is not on the opening plus she's announced only a couple days left on the release. I think she might be a DLC character =(

I don't wanna be "that" guy, but considering the fact that Jam is not on the opening plus she's announced only a couple days left on the release. I think she might be a DLC character =(

She's a time-release character, like Ramlethal was for Sign. She's not playable at launch.

they said she would be dropped a little bit after the arcade releaseĀ 

She's a time-release character, like Ramlethal was for Sign. She's not playable at launch.

Time release specifically? Ā Not simply updated later on like Tekken 7 characters?Ā 

I thought it was cuz she's anime.Ā 

Pretty sure that's not always the case, especially in Guilty Gear. Ā Baiken is probably the oldest female character (besides Pope Ariels whom we haven't got a full glimpse of yet).

And besides, I-No doesn't look super young either.

ElpheltĀ though.... Something about that new design... I'm just not liking it. Not on her. Ram would look way cooler with more spikes. El's old suit was the perfect balance of dainty yet hardcore, this is just straight hardcore if that makes sense... Not even her roses look like a suitable weapon with this outfit. But I digress.Ā 

It's related to her being able to fuse with Justice, that's part of the reason, the other part has to do with the idea she has emotions and they're trying to seal that away.

Women don't age in fighting games. They "mysteriously dissapear" or whatever once they hit 30.Ā 

In Japan that's called 'being called a Christmas Cake' lol

Time release specifically? Ā Not simply updated later on like Tekken 7 characters?Ā 

Both Famitsu and 4Gamer call her a "time release character".

Edited by Tokkan

Something hit me about an hour ago.Ā  I hope there's an I-No vs Jack-O theme.

I hope it's called "Big O".

Ā 

And I hope it references the Flash Gordon theme song just a little bit, so that it'll not only be a double-entendre, but a simultaneous reference to Queen and The Big O.

Ā 

Speaking of which, I've heard that you can hear Jack-O's voice.Ā  Any recordings of her theme yet?

I'm imagining they'll have a pre-release stream for Revelator like they did with Vanilla. A nice, direct feed stream where we can see and hear the game in all its glory...

Ā 

Ā 

God this week is just gonna drag by I know it

Hey GCYoshi...you going to upload any footage from Arc Revo that wasn't streamed?

I got u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15ea9hjitPw&index=1&list=PLt0rinwZ03cmf03h22sbbRVre9e5bbZOy

Don't know names of the japanese players other than the Millia being Karinchu. I couldn't record my footage (duh) and didn't get LK vs Karinchu.

Not a lot of footage, but I heard they are releasing all of them. They had us play at the same time to know the time stamps perhaps and the rounds. It was very coordinated.

Ā 

I got u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15ea9hjitPw&index=1&list=PLt0rinwZ03cmf03h22sbbRVre9e5bbZOy

Don't know names of the japanese players other than the Millia being Karinchu. I couldn't record my footage (duh) and didn't get LK vs Karinchu.

Not a lot of footage, but I heard they are releasing all of them. They had us play at the same time to know the time stamps perhaps and the rounds. It was very coordinated.

Ā 

Did they have recording devices at each station? It would be really awesome if they posted up footage of all matches that happened during the weekend. The stream was jumping from match-to-match so we only got glimpses of random rounds, random matches, and not even complete sets between teams.

Did they have recording devices at each station? It would be really awesome if they posted up footage of all matches that happened during the weekend. The stream was jumping from match-to-match so we only got glimpses of random rounds, random matches, and not even complete sets between teams.

I believe they did. I think last year as well.

Ā 

I was told by others that they will release them later. Perhaps a month?

I believe the PS4 was saving all the matches.

I still can't believe that someone got an accidental pause in this game!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I believe the PS4 was saving all the matches.

I still can't believe that someone got an accidental pause in this game!

Ā 

lol wtf when did this happen?

I think it was during Shuuto's match against an Elphelt in top 4.Ā  He took the round and IK'ed his opponent.

Well if all you care about is Gameplay and not the plot or the potential of other new characters, then I suppose you would be disappointed at the lack of changes.

Then again, having no major changes to the system lets players actually feel better adjusted to the characters they learned thus far, unlike the constant waffling and "new combo learning" that happens whenever a new BlazBlue game shows up.

Having the same thing every day can be a good thing or a bad thing, I guess. Ā Just depends on how you look at it.

yup, dunno about changes for the sake of change.Ā Ā from gameplay point of view probably more valuable to haveĀ a game in which most matchups are rather playable, than havin' a game that sorta overhauls everything w/ every revisionĀ to please ppl who only enjoy "learnin' new stuff" and not just playĀ the game in a more complete fashion. Ā 

granted some chars might still use some adjustments, but Team Red seems not to rush things up w/ balance changesĀ so probably might wait till the gameplay kinda settles down

Edited by sren

yup, dunno about changes for the sake of change.Ā Ā from gameplay point of view probably more valuable to haveĀ a game in which most matchups are rather playable, than havin' a game that sorta overhauls everything w/ every revisionĀ to please ppl who only enjoy "learnin' new stuff" and not just playĀ the game in a more complete fashion. Ā 

granted some chars might still use some adjustments, but Team Red seems not to rush things up w/ balance changesĀ so probably might wait till the gameplay kinda settles down

Change for the sake of change to justify an update is very bad (as is time tested by this very developer), but I'm part of the camp that thinks Xrd needed it. Ā 1.1 was such a massive step up from 1.0, why not continue going in that direction? Ā Just strikes me as a serious waste of potential. Ā 1.0 Xrd was a solid game, 1.1 Xrd is a good game, so why not strive for a great game? Ā 

I think it was during Shuuto's match against an Elphelt in top 4.Ā  He took the round and IK'ed his opponent.

Actually i think it was Zadi (Sin) but still he won the match.

Something hit me about an hour ago.Ā  I hope there's an I-No vs Jack-O theme.

I hope it's called "Big O".

Ā 

And I hope it references the Flash Gordon theme song just a little bit, so that it'll not only be a double-entendre, but a simultaneous reference to Queen and The Big O.

Ā 

Speaking of which, I've heard that you can hear Jack-O's voice.Ā  Any recordings of her theme yet?

As much as I am a big fan of the Big O opening theme (and the show for that matter) I sincerely doubt this will happen lol

Though there is a good chance there will be a "Servant Theme" for Jack-O'/I-No/Raven/That Man later on.

We've already seen what happens when GG gets overhauled. Ā It's called "Accent Core Plus R" (and I hated the changes made in that for some characters).

Change for the sake of change to justify an update is very bad (as is time tested by this very developer), but I'm part of the camp that thinks Xrd needed it. Ā 1.1 was such a massive step up from 1.0, why not continue going in that direction? Ā Just strikes me as a serious waste of potential. Ā 1.0 Xrd was a solid game, 1.1 Xrd is a good game, so why not strive for a great game? Ā 

Xrd System changes are okay, but character specific ones need to be subtle and not something too huge like other games.

I too would like to see revamps (YRC is kinda nuts), but would settle for another small balance patch when Revelator hits consoles.

It's kinda shitty that I-No 5K, f.S, and 2S are less useful because 2D has shit range.Ā  She used to use 5K as a linker for a lot of combos that involved HCL FRC, but because of the increased meter cost and reduced damage for those sorts of options, it's more of a poking tool.Ā  Same with current f.S (back to pre-AC status) since, for both of these moves, almost any time you would combo into them, you have a more optimized combo option.Ā  Since 2S isn't a low it's also used as a poking tool per the range.Ā  But then things get silly, because 2S starts faster than f.S and recovers faster, and has more range than it and 5K, so they're not as good for poking in most situations.Ā  All 3 of these moves struggle to combo into HCL for knockdown when they're used at max range and don't CH, and they won't combo into anything else at that range either.Ā  So this leads to a situation where the moves aren't exactly unsafe on hit, but practically give away initiative.Ā  All she needs is for 2D to have AC range for these moves to be much more useful (since we wont buff HCL to AC status because the faster input would be kinda bullshit, though I do wish HCL hit behind I-No again (actually, in front of her too since there's a pixel-wide gap where it whiffs on standing opponents right in front of her) and combo'd consistently against standing opponents out of 5K, f.S, and 2S).

One of the things I liked most about GG is that it didn't really have that kind of bullshit.Ā  I pretty much consider this a bug fix and not a buff because it's so bad on paper (she has enough tools to be good, but why have moves that are borderline useless).Ā  Same with Kdive and Sdive having prorates despite not really being starters (knockdown on hit even with RC, unless its fully charged, or air hit + RC, or CH +RC, or CH Sdive in the corner).Ā  And 6H[2] doesn't lead to anything worthwhile meterless on air CH anymore.Ā  I thought part of I-No's design was that her neutral was risky because she can't really out-poke you with her hitboxes and most of her moves require hard call-outs, but precise reads meant you did big damage and corner push.Ā  I get that they had to nerf a lot of things to compensate for YRC and RC being really good for her kit (like, amazingly good), but she feels kinda janky compared to how she played before.Ā  With guts being increased to where everyone needs 1-2 more combos to kill, I-No feels like a worse version of Millia, instead of a character with harder neutral and less-consistent oki, but explosive reward (she only needed to oki once or twice off of a good confirm compared to Millia's 4-5 times).

I think Revelator "1.0" should not introduce character specific balance changes. I like the changes to Blitz and throw tech will be nice. Using Burst to power up cinematic supers might be significant for characters like May, Sin, and Slayer.

On the other hand, I'm all for character specific balance changes in Revelator "1.1" since they're adding 3+ characters.

If they do decide to change something before arcade release, I'd like RC tension penalty duration to be character specific instead of 6 seconds for all characters.

Nah I think it's not complete or they just simplified the list to keep them short, Elphelt is missing her pineberry toss 2p, only shows the throw 4p