Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Anyone have a stream schedule and link for Toshin-Gekitotsu? Isn't it starting tonight?

Edited by Killey

Anyone have a stream schedule and link for Toshin-Gekitotsu? Isn't it starting tonight?

guess most info over here, shoutouts to AceKingOffSuit

Perfect! Thank you very much. Unfortunately, it starts at 3AM on Saturday so going to have to catch the archive.

Considering that they promised an important announcement, yes, I would expect one.

Sad that there wasn't an announcement afterwards from what I saw. 

I managed to watch the whole thing live and that was a really entertaining event and I hope they do more of that in the future. The production values was great and the matches were really good minus a few blow outs. My personal favorite matches were Koichi vs Lox, Takehara vs Mugen, Susumu vs Machaboo, FAB vs Sako, and Ogawa vs Daigo. I hope Daigo sticks with the game going into Revelator since he managed to put on an entertaining match but he'll probably just focus on CPT for the rest of the year. 

Sad that there wasn't an announcement afterwards from what I saw. 

The/a announcement will be at the Revelator reveal on Monday

DAT ELPHELT SHOTGUN CORNER RAPE. Holy shit, dude. An IK AND PERFECT later on.

Edit: I see that Daigo had BIG problems with Drill. The moment Ogawa started to use the Drill Oki setup, Daigo was completely shut down.

Edited by zhaoyun99

I managed to watch the whole thing live and that was a really entertaining event and I hope they do more of that in the future. The production values was great and the matches were really good minus a few blow outs. My personal favorite matches were Koichi vs Lox, Takehara vs Mugen, Susumu vs Machaboo, FAB vs Sako, and Ogawa vs Daigo. I hope Daigo sticks with the game going into Revelator since he managed to put on an entertaining match but he'll probably just focus on CPT for the rest of the year. 

Nakasu is LOX? Are you sure?

I mean they use the same color Bedman and I actually thought it was LOX as I watched but then they said Nakasu...

Nakasu is LOX? Are you sure?

I mean they use the same color Bedman and I actually thought it was LOX as I watched but then they said Nakasu...

Keeponrockin told me that NakasuBeman was Lox.  

How does FAB IB so much?

It's insane.

Exactly what I was thinking, like he IBed an entire zato block string, like dude..... I didn't even think that was possible. Overall it was a really nice set of matches, was rooting for Daigo to pull the upset, but least the set ended up being closer than I thought it would be.

Just learning how to IB Mawaru helps against Zato a ton, it's definitely worth practicing for any character.

Edited by Vashimus

Exactly what I was thinking, like he IBed an entire zato block string, like dude..... I didn't even think that was possible. Overall it was a really nice set of matches, was rooting for Daigo to pull the upset, but least the set ended up being closer than I thought it would be.

I think the moral of the story of this event was that you had to killed the GG pro as fast as you can or they will adapted your playstyle and started making comeback which was like 70% of the matches in this face-off. I think the moment Ogawa started using Drill Oki setup after 2 loses hit a bullseye in Sol bad matchup against Zato. Daigo didn't even have enough time to develop a counter plan at all.

There's ways of doing rapid-fire Instant Blocks.  IB isn't that hard to do really, even compared to something like Slashback timing it's cake.

It's what you do at neutral after the fact that's scary and hard to pull off.

Next time you guys are in practice mode, have Ramlethal do Calvados (Green Gamma Ray) and try and IB all the hits without leaving guard.  Just tapping back while guarding should do the trick.

But it's "doing something after IB" that's the challenge... such as Potemkin Buster after an IB.