Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

All I want to know is the vote list, through the list, maybe we can know characters are already planed to be added in revelator console version, like maybe Raven is not in the list?

I'm going to assume that people will be able to name the characters they give their vote for. Not only would that give a chance to various characters who've never been playable yet (like Gabriel or Raven), it would also give ASW a way to conceal some of their future plans. Like you said, having some characters missing from the list would be a pretty loud signal that they're already considering adding them, so why not get rid of the list altogether?

Bridget was the second most voted GG male character on the most recent poll, Sol was first but Sol is already in the game.

Order/Overture Sol confirmed then!

I'll definitely be taking my poll results in to consideration to get some idea of what people are thinking.

Still, like I said, this isn't the last GG, so even if you don't get what you were hoping for in this particular "election", there's always the sequel to Revelator to think about.

I still find it weird Bridget is apparently so popular. I've been a member of Dustloop since 2006 and even before that when I was checking out the game on gamefaqs and the like I don't remember having such a hardon for him. Nothing against the character of course I love all my children but jeah just weird.

End of the day I'm fine with whoever the poll chooses. I can tell you this much, Anji will not win it, lol.

I said it before, I'll say it again, the reason Bridget was popular with mainstream people was because people loved giggling about him on 4chan and the like... they knew NOTHING NADA ZILCH ZERO about Guilty Gear itself!

In fact if you go on some fanime sites, people will often talk about their favorite characters but if you asked them if they ever PLAYED AS SAID CHARACTERS or even UNDERSTOOD the STORY behind said characters, they couldn't answer you either of those questions.

It's sad, it's pathetic, it's MAINSTREAM.

That said, Bridget is not as popular in the Arcade scene as people are painting him to be.

I said it before, I'll say it again, the reason Bridget was popular with mainstream people was because people loved giggling about him on 4chan and the like... they knew NOTHING NADA ZILCH ZERO about Guilty Gear itself!

In fact if you go on some fanime sites, people will often talk about their favorite characters but if you asked them if they ever PLAYED AS SAID CHARACTERS or even UNDERSTOOD the STORY behind said characters, they couldn't answer you either of those questions.

It's sad, it's pathetic, it's MAINSTREAM.

That said, Bridget is not as popular in the Arcade scene as people are painting him to be.

reeeeee those normies

I'm not really a fan of bridget or that whole trap meme but you're being really snooty over people liking something at face value.

Ehh well I wouldn't call it sad or pathetic, people like what they like, right? It's Guilty Gear at the end of the day so everyone is various degrees of cool. 

edit- Also in the Johnny walkthru, I noticed some attacks draw blood like in the earlier GG games. I don't know if its exclusive to Johnny's attacks but it was definitely a bit of a surprise. (sorry if its old news plz no h8 m8s)

Edited by Jocelot

I can already see all the crazy otaku buying thousands of arcade cards each just so they can vote Bridget in, even if they've never even touched the games before :toot:

Edited by Mumm-Ra

Kinda agree with Blade. 

Honestly, Bridget is a literal meme character, there's only a handful of players who actually care about him.

Sad thing is he has a high chance of winning. 

I don't like Bridgett very much, but he is interesting from the gameplay perspective. And Ruu is one of the most entertaining players to watch, I'd like to see him in Xrd.

I can already see all the crazy otaku buying thousands of arcade cards each just so they can vote Bridget in, even if they've never even touched the games before :toot:

If they can perform well enough to get him in, then sure why not.  At least you know whoever ends up winning is actually going to get played as.

If they can perform well enough to get him in, then sure why not.  At least you know whoever ends up winning is actually going to get played as.

Maybe lol....though whoever wins, it will be a played char. Maybe ASW has their own surprises up their sleeves..still before anyone else I see Dizzy showing up. Not my pick..but thats just my prediction

So if they take a vote on the next returning character from +R, that makes me think that the console version of Revelator will have one more "new" character.  "New" could very well be Raven or another story mode character that we know about from before Xrd, but someone that isn't in +R's roster.  Was there any mention of a timeline for this voting system?  I'd imagine it would be open for at least a few weeks to give people ample time to get to an arcade to vote.  They can't sit around idle for all that time, hence working on another "new" character.  Odds are that it's not a +R character since it would weaken the purpose of the vote.

Why does everyone hate on Bridget? He was my second favorite GG character ever to play as. Lots of fun, and had all sorts of crazy movement options and versatility.

I could care less for Bridget, but I do see it as a bit of a problem if people end up voting for Bridget just for being a trap rather than his gameplay. But in the end, it's not our decision.

A little off topic, but I love Elphelt's new intro. Something about it just seems symbolic to me.

Why does everyone hate on Bridget? He was my second favorite GG character ever to play as. Lots of fun, and had all sorts of crazy movement options and versatility.

Recognizing that most people who will vote for him aren't going to be able to is not the same thing as hating him!

For the record, I'm not hating on Bridget, I'm hating on the heathens that don't know where he came from or how he plays.

If it's Bridget, so be it. I'd rather they focus on primarily bringing back the remaining cast than creating any more new characters at this point. I'm probably in the minority thinking that, but just seeing and fighting our old pals in this new 3D engine and having one of your training buds finally get his main back is more exciting to me than another unfamiliar face I'll likely lose to for several weeks straight as I learn a new matchup.

I don't get why ArcSys felt this series needed a Focus Attack. 

- Kimosabae

Edited by SynikaL

If it's Bridget, so be it. I'd rather they focus on primarily bringing back the remaining cast than creating any more new characters at this point. I'm probably in the minority thinking that, but just seeing and fighting our old pals in this new 3D engine and having one of your training buds finally get his main back is more exciting to me than another unfamiliar face I'll likely lose to for several weeks straight as I learn a new matchup.

Well for me there are characters I miss (like Zappa and Testament) but for the most part I dislike the vast overwhelmingy majority of GG's characters, so if they bring in new characters that means there's a chance of someone I will like.  I don't like Jack-O though so it's conflicted.

I just realized they kept that same garbage ass announcer. That's it. I'm done. Back to Street Fighter.