Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

You can see Jack-O's IK here: 

Nice. Jack-O's Instant Kill is called "I Want Out" (アイウォントアウト) which is a reference to a song by Helloween.
Haven't seen yet if Johnny's IK still has the same old name or not...

https://twitter.com/FLaMeOfNoVa/status/636159996493889536

Recorded Johnny's IK for those who didn't see it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nice. Jack-O's Instant Kill is called "I Want Out" (アイウォントアウト) which is a reference to a song by Helloween.
Haven't seen yet if Johnny's IK still has the same old name or not...

The did it, THEY REALLY DID IT, I'm so happy :'D

Recorded Johnny's IK for those who didn't see it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

What a fucking badass. Damn.

Shame the card isn't custom anymore though.

So about the "voting next character" thing, how it exacly works in terms of options?

I mean, they let you put the "money/points" used to vote only to certain characters?  like you can vote only the characters that they have listed inside the game and are "allowed" to be voted? or you can suggest any character you want?

it looks like you can only vote for characters from the old cast, so the remaining characters from +R

I feel Robo Ky has a chance. I dunno why. I just want to believe in Robo Ky. Hope they update the results frequently  leading to the winner that would be fun to see

I wish we could see what the voting result were as people voted lol. My guess would be dizzy or bridget..though hos would be an interesting addition..we all know I want baiken..but regardless of who it is I'm pumped to see how they will turn out. Console release date damn it haha

I feel Robo Ky has a chance. I dunno why. I just want to believe in Robo Ky. Hope they update the results frequently  leading to the winner that would be fun to see

Because everyone wants to see Dogura get his robot husbando back of course.

it looks like you can only vote for characters from the old cast, so the remaining characters from +R

so GG2 overture characters can´t be voted then.... too bad, Valentine ot That Man could have been  interesting choices

so GG2 overture characters can´t be voted then.... too bad, Valentine ot That Man could have been  interesting choices

The voting choices haven't been announced.

All that's been announced is that 

• You can vote with your W$ (in-game currency you get for playing) and "voting tickets" (quest reward)
  • set amount of W$ = 1 Vote. 1 "Voting Ticket" = 1 Vote. You can vote as many times as you have W$ or "voting tickets".
  • Voting begins Late September
  • The #1 character will be added to the playable cast.

Nothing else.

Edited by Tokkan

The voting choices haven't been announced.

All that's been announced is that 

• You can vote with your W$ (in-game currency you get for playing) and "voting tickets" (quest reward)
  • 1 W$ = 1 Vote. 1 "Voting Ticket" = 1 Vote. You can vote as many times as you have W$ or "voting tickets".
  • Voting begins Late September
  • The #1 character will be added to the playable cast.

Nothing else.

So they can vote more than once? This is gonna be a complete mess.

It's the same system as the "election" character popularity polls that BBCP had, the ones where Azrael, Tager and Platinum won.

Edited by Tokkan

The thing about this system is that it's not about the popularity of the characters, it's about the dedication of the characters' fans. It's why Azrael and Tager, characters who aren't really all that popular, were able to win in the the 1st and 2nd BB "election" polls. I'm sure Dizzy and Bridget fans can be really dedicated but I'm expecting a few dark horse choices to rank highly in the poll.

Dang, than maybe characters like Anji or Robo Ky really do have a chance. That's pretty damn cool. Either way I look forward to seeing who the fans pick, the more GG characters the better. 

Man, the topic on the front page made it seem like you just play through arcade mode and and a poll comes up. Was super disappointed. Played through arcade mode with Johnny, and had no idea what I was doing. I was never good with Johnny or anything, but he feels way different.

I'm thankful they're excluding the western audience solely because of Bridget being a meme.  I'm somewhat hopeful for Zappa or Testament now.

Bridget still has that status in Japan.

While the voting is still a long way off, it at least implies to me that if they're willing to bring over any of the ACPR cast from voting, then they have ideas on how to handle them all inside of XRD, which could possibly mean (I would love it but I don't think so somehow) that we could end up with the full cast playable in the "final" version of XRD, be it a patched Revelator, or some other new iteration.

That would top out the roster at 31 characters (25 ACPR, 5 new for XRD, Jack-O for Revelator), which is one more than CPEX, but one less than CF, so it's not like they haven't done a game with that many characters before several times now.

Either way it's going to be cool to see characters come back in XRD, and maybe I'll even get one of my mains to make the jump. Definitely going to have to keep an eye on the news coming out of this.

Of course they are eventually going to bring back everyone (except Kliff and maybe Order Sol), we'll just have to wait for a few more versions of the game