Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Has this been posted yet? Xrd framerate stage comparison on PS3:

So basically his conclusions were:

Lightest: Japan
Light: Central Organ Tower, Royal Court, Babylon in Five Years, Colony
Heavy:
 Arena, Illyria Castle, 5th Skywalk, Nightmare Theater
Heavy in the beginning: Edinburgh, MagicalPolis

All the rest is a little bit worse than "light". 

Does that mean that most tournaments are played on a stage that's actually worse than most of them (Arena)?

It's just that 5D > [6] has a lot of momentum, I saw something like this coming xD

Actually, I think he was referring to the tail end of the video where the second j.D somehow hits Jack'O even though she's on the other end of the screen.

Does that mean that most tournaments are played on a stage that's actually worse than most of them (Arena)?

Aren't most of the JP tournaments played on PS4?

Pozerwolf talked about the lag on Arena when console came out, theres some rendering/lighting effect that apparently is only present on Arena that the PS3 doesn't handle well.

In other news, Arcsys tweeted this vid from the pros vs gods event. I didn't know local replay saved your inputs, but it makes for some interesting viewing. How does everyone feel about replays saving your inputs not being a changeable thing just in general by the way?

Edited by 9:02 PM

Has anybody but me here played Relevator yet? I want to know if the CPU is as infuriating as I think it is. Here is my experience (note I am bad at the game and hadn't played X'rd since January)

First try: Picked Johnny, consistently forgot how to do his specials, knew no combos. Only lost one round to Millia. Brain dead CPU.

2nd: Picked Jack-O. Learned some really basic combos but I still don't understand how you're supposed to use her. Had no trouble, I think I lost a round against Sol.

3rd try: Picked Ky, my old main with whom I still knew some combos. Steamrolled up until stage 6 or 7 and fought Sin. Was about to win round 3 (best of 5), but stupidly went for an IK, and lost. Figured NBD, except suddenly Sin was punishing every time he blocked instead of eating meat within stab range like he'd been doing earlier in the match. I wound up losing. Difficulty goes up between matches, but does it also go up between rounds? It was night and day.

4th try: Picked Jack-O. Fought Potemkin 1st. Lost horribly. Like, really horribly. The computer in X'rd was never anywhere near that level with anybody except ramlethal. 

So yeah, they went from punching bag to "will punish consistently". Kind of infuriating. I want my 100 yen back, I am not rich.

Has anybody but me here played Relevator yet? I want to know if the CPU is as infuriating as I think it is. Here is my experience (note I am bad at the game and hadn't played X'rd since January)

First try: Picked Johnny, consistently forgot how to do his specials, knew no combos. Only lost one round to Millia. Brain dead CPU.

2nd: Picked Jack-O. Learned some really basic combos but I still don't understand how you're supposed to use her. Had no trouble, I think I lost a round against Sol.

3rd try: Picked Ky, my old main with whom I still knew some combos. Steamrolled up until stage 6 or 7 and fought Sin. Was about to win round 3 (best of 5), but stupidly went for an IK, and lost. Figured NBD, except suddenly Sin was punishing every time he blocked instead of eating meat within stab range like he'd been doing earlier in the match. I wound up losing. Difficulty goes up between matches, but does it also go up between rounds? It was night and day.

4th try: Picked Jack-O. Fought Potemkin 1st. Lost horribly. Like, really horribly. The computer in X'rd was never anywhere near that level with anybody except ramlethal. 

So yeah, they went from punching bag to "will punish consistently". Kind of infuriating. I want my 100 yen back, I am not rich.

Maybe you should play sparring if you don't know combos
lmao

Pointless response. I didn't ask "hey guys, tell me how to spend my time". I just wanted to run through arcade mode.

If you get beaten by the cpu then get better so you can beat the cpu, aka training mode

If you're tight that the cab took your precious /100/ yen that you spent on a game that you barely know how to play and expected to beat, and don't want to put in the work to get better then go find an arcade that has set the cpu to a lower level idk man.

You aren't making any sense. The whole point I was making was that I beat the game with a character with whom I wasn't even consistently doing specials with, then proceeded to do worse with characters I was better with. The computer in X'rd was always a brain dead punching bad up until Ramlethal, and she was only difficult when she decided to spam supers at inopportune times. I'm asking if anybody knows the specifics of what was done to the computer, not if anybody knows how to get better at fighting games. There is literally no reason for you to be responding to me.

You aren't making any sense. The whole point I was making was that I beat the game with a character with whom I wasn't even consistently doing specials with, then proceeded to do worse with characters I was better with. The computer in X'rd was always a brain dead punching bad up until Ramlethal, and she was only difficult when she decided to spam supers at inopportune times. I'm asking if anybody knows the specifics of what was done to the computer, not if anybody knows how to get better at fighting games. There is literally no reason for you to be responding to me.

Dude, you're embarassing yourself. Go and have fun anyway you want, but don't expect sympathy for not being able to win against CPU.

a) if you're being punished consistently, stop doing unsafe moves.

b) if you don't know what moves are safe, play training mode

c) If you want to do neither but still enjoy arcade mode cutscenes, ask someone who's playing better if you can lean over his shoulder and watch as he plays

Edited by GKHiryu

Oh my god, this forum. 

"Does anybody understand how the CPU difficulty works in this game?"

"LOL GET BETTER, GG IS THE BEST I WONDER WHY NOBODY PLAYS IT"

I haven't fought CPU since XX/, but back then, CPU difficulty just adjusted chance to block and complete their strings. Between iterations they would get their strings updated, maybe other stuff too. I remember CPU Bridget running unblockables. 

At one point they were experimenting with a learning AI, but never made it to final product. I would not doubt Xrd CPU to be a more capable opponent. Would not surprise me if they adjusted some values in preparation for the arcade voting.

Oh my god, this forum. 

"Does anybody understand how the CPU difficulty works in this game?"

"LOL GET BETTER, GG IS THE BEST I WONDER WHY NOBODY PLAYS IT"

What else would you expect when most people here have never even seen a Nesica cabinet, let alone played on it?

What else would you expect when most people here have never even seen a Nesica cabinet, let alone played on it?

Xrd is on Aime

anyway in regards to cpu difficulty I've never ever had trouble with the cpu in sign, but maybe it was improved in revelator. I doubt it though, pretty sure it's just the cab settings. Did you play on the same arcade, same cab everytime?

I've played lvl100 cpu in sparring mode and i guess i could see it being tough

All that I know is that Revelator has a self-adjusting difficulty.
tumblr_nu04caG1JY1uxyjyco1_400.png
These icons appear after the battle to indicate that the difficulty is increasing. Victory screen is also the only place to confirm your current game difficulty.
The main problem Devdan seems to have is that the difficulty doesn't seem to reset when you switch a character... which definitely sounds like bad game designing.

...I'm not sure why people are so hostile towards him when he's just curious about this change?

Xrd is on Aime

Welp, my bad. I assumed that DFC is on Nesica, and I remember playing it on the same cab as Xrd.

...I'm not sure why people are so hostile towards him when he's just curious about this change?

Because complaining about complaining is what people love to do, even when there is no complaining in the first place.

"Hey guys is the CPU difficulty higher in rev-"

"GIT GUD GO PLAY SPARRING AYY LMAO"

Pure class.

I do remember playing on some arcade cabinets back in the day where the AI opponents were absolutely disgusting at punishing everything, so you might've just been playing on a buffed up cabinet.

Edited by FinalDoomGuy

Anyone have notes on meter gain?  I get the feeling it prorates after a certain hit in a combo, or scales along with the combo or something, but I'm not exactly sure how it works.  Has anyone else done some extensive testing on this system yet?  Has a mook been published for Xrd yet?

Here's Johnny's full theme song.

Did whoever uploaded that distort it to get around Youtube copyright bots or something? Because, damn, that sounds pretty far from the actual track.