Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I didn't play on the same cab every time, so  I guess that could be it. I thought difficulty was standardized in the online distribution era (it is for music games, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean anything). 

Did whoever uploaded that distort it to get around Youtube copyright bots or something? Because, damn, that sounds pretty far from the actual track.

This could be the real version. i'm not sure...

@Devdan: Remember the days when the A.I. spammed Slashback on every attack you did?  On a more GGXrd note, A.I. Millia is hard to block no matter what she does, best to jump (or jump behind her) and avoid her rushdown completely.

Though, to be fair, the A.I., for all it's offense, barely understands the concept of distance so you'll see dumb stuff like Potemkin spamming Slide Head, Entering IK Mode, and then doing the IK and wiffing a full screen away.

Oh yeah, and once the A.I. is set on something, it's not too bright and gets way too predictable, like A.I. Bedman... ugh, how many times have I Blitzed Bedflop and he never learns?

Other stupid things: Sol will always go for Riot Stamp at full screen distance (I kid you not, it's dumb and I feel dumb for getting punished by it sometimes).  Also A.I. Sol DPs everything, rain or shine, whether you're angry or sad, whether you were smiling before or because you threw a jab half a screen away.

Yeah, aside from online, I train against the A.I. way too much because FOREVER ALONE. ORZ

In other news, I posted these results from a Tumblr poll about who people want for Revelator.

Did whoever uploaded that distort it to get around Youtube copyright bots or something? Because, damn, that sounds pretty far from the actual track.

it's a MIDI version. Thanks Vulcan for bring that up.

Edited by CaliburWarrior

Anyone have notes on meter gain?  I get the feeling it prorates after a certain hit in a combo, or scales along with the combo or something, but I'm not exactly sure how it works.  Has anyone else done some extensive testing on this system yet?  Has a mook been published for Xrd yet?

I do wonder if they've done anything to meter gain considering how strong meter is (even by GG standards) in Xrd and all the crazy things you can do with it.  I'd like to know this as well.

@Devdan: Remember the days when the A.I. spammed Slashback on every attack you did?  On a more GGXrd note, A.I. Millia is hard to block no matter what she does, best to jump (or jump behind her) and avoid her rushdown completely.

Though, to be fair, the A.I., for all it's offense, barely understands the concept of distance so you'll see dumb stuff like Potemkin spamming Slide Head, Entering IK Mode, and then doing the IK and wiffing a full screen away.

Oh yeah, and once the A.I. is set on something, it's not too bright and gets way too predictable, like A.I. Bedman... ugh, how many times have I Blitzed Bedflop and he never learns?

Other stupid things: Sol will always go for Riot Stamp at full screen distance (I kid you not, it's dumb and I feel dumb for getting punished by it sometimes).  Also A.I. Sol DPs everything, rain or shine, whether you're angry or sad, whether you were smiling before or because you threw a jab half a screen away.

Yeah, aside from online, I train against the A.I. way too much because FOREVER ALONE. ORZ

In other news, I posted these results from a Tumblr poll about who people want for Revelator.

Oh my lord, ABA.  Thank god these people can't actually vote D:

Edited by Poultrygeist

I've observed some minor things that are in no way conclusive without additional info.  For example, the base values for meter gain for I-No's Hdive are 2% on whiff, 4.8% on hit, and it hits 3 times.  If you just do it, it does seem to give you pretty close to 15%.  If you fully charge it and get 5 hits, it gives way less than 25%, but we don't know if the additional 2 hits give the full meter or not (4gamer hasn't updated with 1.1/1.5 info).

Besides that, if you add up the amount of meter you would get for each hit in a combo, the amount you actually get winds up being lower than that, even if individual hits seem to be pretty accurate.  Without an objective way of measuring, there's not much I can do to figure this out.

I do wonder if they've done anything to meter gain considering how strong meter is (even by GG standards) in Xrd and all the crazy things you can do with it.  I'd like to know this as well.

Oh my lord, ABA.  Thank god these people can't actually vote D:

aba is good and cool actually

I was learning ABA in +R because of how ridiculously fun Tsubu made her look. Mode switching characters always seemed really cool to me even if I never got good with playing them, so I kinda wanted to change that with her. If she somehow won I'd immediately switch to her no question.

I think Leo would really struggle to stay out of her shadow though. Moroha meter / health management is worth the superior mobility and hitboxes.

Edited by Vashimus

I'm actually more surprised that Justice got as many votes as she did.

Also, bonus points for whomever voted for the Burger Sheriff~!

I really like all of her specials, hopefully danzai, butt and orbs stay, although I can see them getting rid of either orbs or butt. Rekkas will stay for sure.

If your wondering what poll they're talking about. They're talking about this.
http://kakuge-checker.com/topic/view/03376/

Ranking: Character - Number of votes
1: Order Sol - 429
2: Baiken - 398
3: Bridget - 315
4: Dizzy - 275
5: Valentine - 178
6: Testament - 154
7: Anji Mito - 141
8: Zappa - 119
9: ABA - 116
10: Izuna - 112
11: Justice - 108
12: Raven - 107
13: Robo-Ky - 106
14: Dr. Paradigm - 103
15: Fanny - 92
16: Kliff
Undersn - 73

BTW It's not the official one.

I'm all for Order Sol but if he is selected I hope they at least add the 2nd place voting as well. I know HOS plays differently from Sol Badguy but it still is Sol with a different play style at the end of the day.

Edited by maverick