Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

No, there is nothing valid at all about the second opinion.  LIke I said, if HOS wasn't the same entity as Sol, nobody would care.

But he is the same entity as Sol. Hence the second opinion. We shouldn't confuse the person's opinion on the character wth the person's opinion on his unique gameplay mechanic.

Edit: I apologise, but I see less people hating on HOS and more people hating on people who genuinely don't want HOS. I just don't want to be considered an idiot for my opinion.

Edited by The Badgerine

I just noticed that some of I-No's general corner combos build almost as much meter for the opponent as she gets.  This might be common, but it kinda sucks.

Against Pot, a legit corner combo will build me like 28%, but he gets 23.5-24%.  This is a 13 hit combo.  I checked against other characters and they all seem to be building the same amount, so at least that's a constant.

If I do a really stupid combo like empty jump to late airdash j.P X 5 > 5P > 6P > 5H > IAD j.K > j.S > FFVCL > j.S > j.H > Kdive, I'm getting like 24%, and the training dummy gets like 22.5-23%.  This is 14 hits.

Then for good measure I turned off slip recovery and did like 9 consecutive STBT-S.  I get maybe 60% and the opponent gets like 22%.  Noteworthy observations are that I get just a pixel shy of 25% for 3 hits, and if we went by the value given in the frame data I should have 27.6% (this move gives the most meter on a single hit from I-No's move set).  If I do 7 hits (so 4 more than this), I'll have just under 50% meter, so I need a whole extra hit from this move to build the same amount when I'm this late in a combo.  The last 2 hits barely give me any more at this point.

So for sure meter gain scales with a combo (I'm fairly confident that this is how older games worked too).  What astonishes me is just how quickly you go from giving the other player barley any meter when they get hit, to giving them a ton of meter.

And for the end of my really uncontrolled and lazy experiment, I made him IB 10 hits, then did the first combo (the one that builds me around 28%).  We now have the same amount of meter.  If I STBT-S 9 times, Pot has built up about 35%.

All this HOS talk is making me long for the days of GGX "Hunched Over" Robo-Ky.

Faster, stronger, stutters more than #Reload...

I guess Sin is okay as a substitute for that "style" though... still not quite the same though.

Of course, I was a fan of Justice back when she was broken in GG1, so I honestly don't care what anyone thinks so long as everyone gets playable (I especially am looking forward to "new" characters).

7b3e7684a924d7a497e11f397073e379.jpg

Edited by Blade

Find it interesting to see how they incorporate combos wo frcs. Like said I want baiken or zappa, but regardless it will be interesting to see the changes if one of the xx chars returns. 

I don't mind seeing HOS in Xrd Revelator if he gets voted to 1st place and see Inoue's godlike HOS in action again. I hope for Baiken to make it in then i have with Jam and Sol as my pocket characters.

I just noticed that some of I-No's general corner combos build almost as much meter for the opponent as she gets.  This might be common, but it kinda sucks.

well you at least ino gets meter where ram just gives you free meter without gaining any in most situation.

Anyone know how to get rid of past quote, it seems like a ghost that follows me around. Anyway hoping for dizzy but since she's in the poll makes me wondering if arcsys never started with her design model to begin with. 

Find it interesting to see how they incorporate combos wo frcs. Like said I want baiken or zappa, but regardless it will be interesting to see the changes if one of the xx chars returns. 

The general rule seems to be:

---If it's a move that isn't very safe and doesn't give much in the way of advantage, it gets a YRC/PRC. [Projectiles, etc]
---If it's a move that helps a character in a big way or can be taken advantage of/abused, it is RC/PRC only.  [Mist Finer on Block?]
---If it's a DP with invulnerability frames, it only gets an RC on block. [Grand Viper/Volcanic Viper]

Wow, so much salt over player polls that aren't official and have nothing to do with the actual voting. YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS.

In any case, I really hope HOS does make it in, especially if it means Kazunoko will start playing GG more.

Also somewhat ironic that some people think HOS shouldn't make it because there are enough characters of his type in the game, yet these are the same people who would like to have another stupid setplay character instead.

The general rule seems to be:

---If it's a move that isn't very safe and doesn't give much in the way of advantage, it gets a YRC/PRC. [Projectiles, etc]
---If it's a move that helps a character in a big way or can be taken advantage of/abused, it is RC/PRC only.  [Mist Finer on Block?]
---If it's a DP with invulnerability frames, it only gets an RC on block. [Grand Viper/Volcanic Viper]

Are you actually suggesting that projectile YRC "doesn't give much in the way of advantage"

Also of course mistfiner on block is RC. everything on block is RC

Mist Finer can be YRCed.

The general rule seems to be "if it has invincibility or is otherwise able to severely disrupt offense, no YRC or PRC". So pretty much all reversal/DP type moves fall under this category, because a move which interrupts offense that easily should always have risk involved. Even giving DPs a PRC is too much, since it basically gets you a free pass if you guess wrong, along with possibly even another mixup depending on how your opponent reacts. The exception here seems to be Overdrives, which I guess happens because they figure you're already spending a lot of meter, so the drawback to being able to cancel those kinds of moves is the huge meter usage itself. Having 75-100% meter on hand to YRC/PRC a failed OD isn't necessarily that common. This also applies to things like DI GV, because DI itself is already massively risky to just do.

well you at least ino gets meter where ram just gives you free meter without gaining any in most situation.

Yeah, I was honestly kind of interested in Ram, but her meter gain is one of the major deterrents since meter for YRC, RC, and BS is so important in this game.  That and her swords getting knocked down when she blocks instead of returning to idle in 1.1.  When she gets hit or when the sword gets hit?  Sure.  But when she blocks?  Have them go away and sit ready, not fall down and be useless for 2 seconds.  :v:

I rather vote (if i could) a character that i like and i´m going to enjoy personally, not vote because some random top player could play it.

I don´t mind all that much who wins really, since my favorite character is in the game already, but honestly i prefer if the winner gets choosen because it´ s what people enjoy the most and not because a group of fanboys act like mindless sheep and do what some random popular guy  says on twitter or youtube

Edited by ivanchu77

Are you actually suggesting that projectile YRC "doesn't give much in the way of advantage"

Also of course mistfiner on block is RC. everything on block is RC

Projectiles by themselves (without any meter use) are still moderately risky, that's why they need the YRC/PRC in the first place to make it less of a risk.  That's why I said they don't give much advantage on their own, because without the YRC you still have recovery to deal with.  Even something like Ky's normal Stun Edge has a unique YRC window because of that.

I don't think you understand why projectile YRC is useful.  It's useful because you can act independently of the projectile and are now at an advantageous/pressure situation.  For example you know how in older versions of SF2 Guile had a sort of vortex where he could do sonic boom and then either tick throw you off the projectile or anti air you if you attempted to jump out?  You can now do things like that (but even more options because it's GG) with any projectile for just 25 meter.

Wow, so much salt over player polls that aren't official and have nothing to do with the actual voting. YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS.

In any case, I really hope HOS does make it in, especially if it means Kazunoko will start playing GG more.

Also somewhat ironic that some people think HOS shouldn't make it because there are enough characters of his type in the game, yet these are the same people who would like to have another stupid setplay character instead.

It reflects the amount of desire of each character in the Japanese community.

I am pretty sure that the actual winner is one of the top 4 in that list.

Also top players choices will greatly affect the voting because they have more W$ than the others.

Location test on 9 September with Jam and some characters adjustments.

http://s.inside-games.jp/article/2015/09/08/90974.html

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk