Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Hopefully Jam won´t have those lol infinites vs Potemkin like in Reload

EDIT: Jam aside, I really hope this shit is PS4 only this time.

Edited by Kyosuke Kagami

Why? This will only shrink the player base. Not many people can afford a PS4 at the moment. If anything, it should be hoped that at least Xrd -SIGN- gets a PC version to expand the player base.

That's funny, I really hope this shit is everyone aside from you only this time too.

Jam's animations looks neat but it looks like her tits look like they're sharp enough to slice vegetables.

Here's hoping that she gets a good English VA like May.

A PS3 version would be playable, but the sound and visual quality took such a hit with Xrd.  Seeing the PS4 version makes me depressed to even go back to PS3 Xrd.

I'm half assuming Jam is going to have a terrible super stereotypical voice, I'm getting a Shenhua from Black Lagoon dub impression.

Revelator will never run perfectly on PS3.
And people will complain how shitty the ports is.

So yeah I hope the same.

I don't think there's any doubt they're releasing a PS3 version. The PS3 consumer base is most likely still too large for Arcsys to ignore. IIRC the PS3 version of Sign also outsold its PS4 counterpart with quite a margin. A PS4 only release would probably just earn them less money as well as alienate some PS3 only players. Also, considering that they already ported Sign to PS3 I doubt it'd be much work for them to put Revelator on PS3. Aside from the changes to the PS3 version of Sign they're probably just going to simplify the new visual effects. Revelator really looks gorgeous, but I'm not planning on getting a PS4. I'm satisfied as long as I don't have to pay for online.

I wouldn't mind a PC release though

:v:

Ah, fighting games, the genre that everyone plays for its graphics.

As long as it runs well, who cares?

Not sure why people would want it PS4 only anyway, get it on PS4 then if you want superior visuals, a PS3 version won't hurt the PS4.

As if finding people on netplay with decent connections is bad enough, cutting that in half or more if Rev is PS4 only would suck(not everyone has a local scene to play people offline with)

Revelator will never run perfectly on PS3.

And people will complain how shitty the ports is.

So yeah I hope the same.

It will look pretty much like how Xrd looked on PS3, 720p and somewhat blurry but still perfectly playable.

Arcade hardware is pretty much a PS3 with more RAM and Xrd/Rev on the Arcade are both 720p but don't get hit with the visual downgrade that the PS3 version of Xrd gets to keep it a smooth 60 fps.

Edited by Dosu

It's just amazing how Capcom slap everyone with PS4 exclusivity and people going nuts if -Revelator- didn't get a PS3 release.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Maybe because SF5 is a completely new entry? It'd be a better comparison to pretend that Capcom released USF4 on Ps4/Xbone only.

I also hope that it releases on PS3, as unlikely as it'd be, I don't mind playing a butchered port graphics-wise if it plays well.

EDIT:

Also it seems like Vanillaware finally has competition when it comes to video game food that looks fucking delicious. 

Edited by Mumm-Ra

I also wish a PS3 port, but I don't mind transitioning to PS4.

The PS3-PS4 cross play infrastructure is mostly well done I think. I can't tell if the opponent I'm playing is PS3 or PS4 because the difference is negligible.

My main concern with PS4 is the pad d/c issue and how convoluted it is to swap out controllers. PS3 is better for tournaments.

It's just amazing how Capcom slap everyone with PS4 exclusivity and people going nuts if -Revelator- didn't get a PS3 release.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I don't really know anything about Street Fighter, but isn't SFV on PC as well? If so that's a pretty big difference. Arcsys isn't very fond of releasing PC ports in a timely fashion unfortunately. I don't think many people would mind if Revelator was PS4/PC, but that's just me guessing.

Edited by SQNR

1.SFV is also on PC.

2.Revelator being PS4 exclusive would be shitty because it's literally an updated SIgn and the only reason it would be on PS4 only is due to the new graphics engine.

If it DOES end up PS4 only then I'm out, that's all I can say.  There is no game in the world that can sell me on a PS4/XBO.

It's not like you'd have to downgrade the gameplay for the PS3 version. PS3 version is almost guaranteed, even if they just keep it looking like SIGN. Obviously REVELATOR is really pretty on arcades now, but they can simply scale the engine down to the PS3. 

1.SFV is also on PC.

2.Revelator being PS4 exclusive would be shitty because it's literally an updated SIgn and the only reason it would be on PS4 only is due to the new graphics engine.

If it DOES end up PS4 only then I'm out, that's all I can say.  There is no game in the world that can sell me on a PS4/XBO.

I'm not really an advocate for them, but, just out of curiosity, why the hate?

I don't think there's any doubt they're releasing a PS3 version. The PS3 consumer base is most likely still too large for Arcsys to ignore. IIRC the PS3 version of Sign also outsold its PS4 counterpart with quite a margin. A PS4 only release would probably just earn them less money as well as alienate some PS3 only players. Also, considering that they already ported Sign to PS3 I doubt it'd be much work for them to put Revelator on PS3. Aside from the changes to the PS3 version of Sign they're probably just going to simplify the new visual effects. Revelator really looks gorgeous, but I'm not planning on getting a PS4. I'm satisfied as long as I don't have to pay for online.

Hidden Content

LOL?

You know PS3 is easily way bigger thing in EU compared to NA. Yet we get xrd late and its still 1.0 and not 1.10 :D. Also there is no leo or elphelt.

So after thinking about this, why wouldnt they have relevator ps4 only?

LOL?

You know PS3 is easily way bigger thing in EU compared to NA. Yet we get xrd late and its still 1.0 and not 1.10 :D. Also there is no leo or elphelt.

I don't follow.

Hell no, less players and besides, fuck paying for online

The graphics won´t look as good as the ps4 version but....ps3 version of Xrd sign looks beautiful already, and besides, this a fighting game, i care about the gameplay maintly

The more people the better for the online, wishing that a group of players doesn´t get the game sounds really selfish

Edited by ivanchu77

LOL?

EU also has several languages to translate the game into, which turns into a longer release time. Plus, US and JP both use NTSC, whereas EU uses PAL, so there's the matter of converting the code to an entirely different system.

I don't want a PS4 because I don't want to pay for netplay and buy a new console just for a game that is barely different from its predecessor in terms of hardware.  I guarantee you they could do a PS3 version and just remove all the fancy new lighting fx snd camera tricks and nobody would really care.  

I don't want a PS4 because I don't want to pay for netplay and buy a new console just for a game that is barely different from its predecessor in terms of hardware.  I guarantee you they could do a PS3 version and just remove all the fancy new lighting fx snd camera tricks and nobody would really care.  

Except the shaders added in Rev, they feel more than just useless FXs, now, I always use the Performance mode in Sign.

The parts that are bolded make me laugh, but the rest is absolutely fine and understandable. Cheapskates got spoiled by free online on PSN and are all like "oh no, now I have to PAY?! Give it to me now, for free, because I need my instant gratification i'm entitled to!"