Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

$5 per month is serious business.

I would welcome a ps4 exclusive with open arms, so I don't have to deal with online not working for 2 weeks because one console got the patch and the other didn't. Or playing on a specific arena because the rest of them lags .

EU also has several languages to translate the game into, which turns into a longer release time. Plus, US and JP both use NTSC, whereas EU uses PAL, so there's the matter of converting the code to an entirely different system.

They actually didn't translate anything for the EU version of Xrd, the game is the same as the US of JP version, also PAL is color coding system that's managed by the hardware and don't need any extra coding.

I want ps4 xrd man fuck. Tired of poverty gear. Although I enjoy my invites

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The parts that are bolded make me laugh, but the rest is absolutely fine and understandable. Cheapskates got spoiled by free online on PSN and are all like "oh no, now I have to PAY?! Give it to me now, for free, because I need my instant gratification i'm entitled to!"

I sincerely doubt it has anything to do with entitlement. The service was originally free. Why is it that when I upgrade my hardware that I now have to pay?

The parts that are bolded make me laugh, but the rest is absolutely fine and understandable. Cheapskates got spoiled by free online on PSN and are all like "oh no, now I have to PAY?! Give it to me now, for free, because I need my instant gratification i'm entitled to!"

Entitled is my favourite overused buzzword.

It's not unreasonable to go "I like this game but the cost of the console, the game itself and the subscription to online isn't worth it just because some guy doesn't like how Xrd looked on PS3."

$5 per month is serious business.

Assuming you buy the year-round package first that is and plan to play online on said console for the said year. This also assumes your internet is readily available and reliable, which you also have to pay for each month. Some people also do not like paying on principle alone. Case in point: I will never pay for something like FFXIV because I personally believe that after charging me full price up front, you have no right to ask more money out of my pocket every month. Our transaction ended back at the cash register. Calling people "cheapskates" or "entitled" simply because they either can't afford or simply do not want the extra service (let's face it, PS+ isn't everyone's cup of tea and only benefits you if you plan on taking advantage of the deals year-round, which assumes you have more disposable income) isn't fair.

Strictly speaking, while I personally would not mind PS4 exclusivity, there is no denying that a PS3 version is in the plan. It wouldn't make sense on ASW's part (financially) since there is a very large portion of their customers there. Unless they spent way less developing Revelator over SIGN that they can afford to cut out the PS3 players. 

Entitled is my favourite overused buzzword.
It's not unreasonable to go "I like this game but the cost of the console, the game itself and the subscription to online isn't worth it just because some guy doesn't like how Xrd looked on PS3."

The cost of the console itself, plus the cost of the game itself, is the part I was fine with. That much comes down to personal worth. The only part I bolded, and the only part that was funny to me, was complaining about paying for a service that was already a paid service for others. It was simply to be expected, and no amount of complaining about having to pay for PS+ will make Sony simply stop make people pay for the online service. You had to pay for Xbox Live, so, why wouldn't you have to pay for PSN? It's weird that you don't have to pay for PSN and Nintendo's network.

It's something like $60 per year, it's not that serious. If people are complaining, they must be the ones trying to keep going by buying 3-months or 1-month cards or something. At $60 per year, that's maybe 1 game you miss out on, maybe? If the cost is that serious to your living conditions, you really should be doing better things than playing video games anyway.

Edited by TekkamanArk

The cost of the console itself, plus the cost of the game itself, is the part I was fine with. That much comes down to personal worth. The only part I bolded, and the only part that was funny to me, was complaining about paying for a service that was already a paid service for others. It was simply to be expected, and no amount of complaining about having to pay for PS+ will make Sony simply stop make people pay for the online service. You had to pay for Xbox Live, so, why wouldn't you have to pay for PSN? It's weird that you don't have to pay for PSN and Nintendo's network.

So last gen when only 360 had a paid for service, all of a sudden ps, nintendo and pc are the odd ones out? What are you smoking.

So last gen when only 360 had a paid for service, all of a sudden ps, nintendo and pc are the odd ones out? What are you smoking.

Nintendo was pretty much an unplayable turd on the Wii, PS3 being free was strange and was definitely one of those "this is going to change" things, and many games on PC are not free. Though, at this point, I expect people to complain about having to pay the power company for electricity to use the console and the ISP for internet to play online.

Are you shitting me?  I'm a cheapskate because I don't want to pay again for something that I ALREADY PAY FOR (internet bill) and I can do for free on every single other platformer except for PS4 and Xbox?  Peasants gonna peasant, I guess.

"Entitled" is a word usually used by people trying to justify their purchase when they know they've been screwed but don't want to admit it in the face of people that made smarter decisions than them.  But nah let me pay 60 dollars a year on top of a 400 dollar console and a 50 dollar game because some jackass on Dustloop thinks I owe Sony money.  Unbelievable.

Edited by Poultrygeist

Are you shitting me?  I'm a cheapskate because I don't want to pay for something that I ALREADY PAY FOR (internet bill) and I can do for free on every single other platformer except for PS4 and Xbox?  Peasants gonna peasant, I guess.

"Entitled" is a word usually used by people trying to justify their purchase when they know they've been screwed but don't want to admit it in the face of people that made smarter decisions than them.

Your "smarter" decision was to deprive yourself of something you want. Good job! If they were asking anywhere near an unreasonable amount of money, i'd actually agree with you. $60 for a year? No, that's absolutely fair. And, on every platform except PS4 and Xbox? Leaving PC, Wii U...and what, Ouya? PC's largely dead outside of League of Legends and World of Warcraft, and Wii U's a massive failure as a system (and that comes from someone who likes the thing).

Edited by TekkamanArk

You got me bro I'm an entitled cheapskate because I don't want to spend 700 dollars to play one video game.  I sure hope Sony is paying you well to shit up this thread with your white knighting.

In case anyone hasn't been keeping up and the past 2 pages have been complete shit, Fern has a big list of Jam stuff right here so thank him for that: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/75eb2fe3-0d9f-447c-8d80-26796b08de7f/b91a6ab5cc66317aeb24168d26c3c71c

You got me bro I'm an entitled cheapskate because I don't want to spend 700 dollars to play one video game.  I sure hope Sony is paying you well to shit up this thread with your white knighting.

In case anyone hasn't been keeping up and the past 2 pages have been complete shit, Fern has a big list of Jam stuff right here so thank him for that: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/75eb2fe3-0d9f-447c-8d80-26796b08de7f/b91a6ab5cc66317aeb24168d26c3c71c

Sony's not paying me in the slightest. Only one who's doing that is Amazon (not for advocating anything, I just work in one of the warehouses). And, i'm not saying you have to buy a PS4 or anything, my only issue was your complaints about paying for the service. Whether you should get a new system or not depends on how the library appeals to you, personal budget concerns, etc.

Edited by TekkamanArk

Alright, seeing as how I'm still on the PS3 with Xrd, let me just say this:

I don't mind crayon graphics in HD, I don't mind scratchy low quality audio, and I don't mind frame lag.

I put up with it because I like the idea of playing Guilty Gear AND BlazBlue on ONE console, and I put up with it because I like free netplay (who doesn't?).

Having reasons for playing it on last gen doesn't mean you're in the wrong for not playing next gen PS4 bleeding edge stuff.  Get off the high horse and let people enjoy the game for what console it's available for.

If GGXrd gets a PSV port, I wouldn't mind playing that either.

If I get a PS4 it's not going to be because of last gen games, it's going to be because of next gen games, pure and simple.

Graphics and frame lag is just what nitpickers worry about... a game is still fun even without those bells and whistles.

I feel sad for NA players. Sounds like online is the best gateway there to play the game(with people, decent people of your level). Japanese Fighting Games in general were never built to be play online primarily. Especially for arcade game like Xrd.  For me it's either local play or just stop, enjoy other part of gaming or life.

Can people please stop falling for this F-tier bait of PS3 vs PS4? Xrd will probably move on to next gen exclusively once the install base is there and old gen sales plummet. As long as they keep the online pool of players united by keeping cross-play between the platforms where future installments of Xrd are released, it's gonna be ok. On topic now:

Thank you! This is everything I wanted from the loketest. While I really got used to +R Jam, she still looks fun as hell to play. Can't fucking wait for Revelator now. :D

I feel sad for NA players. Sounds like online is the best gateway there to play the game(with people, decent people of your level). Japanese Fighting Games in general were never built to be play online primarily. Especially for arcade game like Xrd.  For me it's either local play or just stop, enjoy other part of gaming or life.

Netplay is the most convenient way to play the game with other people, but no one will ever argue it is the best. It's good for racking up a lot of experience in a short amount of time to get used to things, but people here have been preaching offline play as king since forever. Players who truly want to get better will find other people to play with one way or another. In this Internet age it's easier than ever before.

Know why there are still people playing +R despite the online being ass? Because the game is worth it to them. No, they don't live in Japan and they can't get offline matches anytime they want -- still worth it. They're not just gonna stop playing altogether because of it. 

Edited by Vashimus

You can't even compare Japan to America.  Even if you discount Japan's larger player base, the country is a tiny island about the size of California.  The US is fucking gigantic.  Even if you find a "scene" in your state that doesn't mean you're just going to go up the road and find people to play with.  Travelling is part of the offline fighting game "experience" in the West, and for people that dislike doing that or otherwise don't have the money or time, netplay is their only way out.  

Why I'm happy here in Nebraska we have a lot of good players and a great local scene. But net play brings different play styles about and different people. But online play will never be as good as playin together

I've tried to be sympathetic not offensive in someway. So let's me say I'm sorry for your harsh condition of gaming. If my local is 20 miles away, I might as well stop playing.

In another news, I saw Koichi greeting K2 in twitter. The man is coming back after 2 years of absence from arcade scene. Jam's army will be strong all over again.

Ok, STOP THE WHOLE FREAKING PS3 vs PS4 because we are talking about Jam now. Please take your console argument somewhere else.

Anyway, back to topic: BTW, NOBODY commented on Jam's Prostate exam face?

Edited by zhaoyun99