Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

The parts that are bolded make me laugh, but the rest is absolutely fine and understandable. Cheapskates got spoiled by free online on PSN and are all like "oh no, now I have to PAY?! Give it to me now, for free, because I need my instant gratification i'm entitled to!"

You are one hell of a negative person and a daily hater to top it off, wow! I don't know how you do it, life seems grim like that.

I have a PS4 and I still wish it'll be on PS3. I only have a PS3 stick but as much as I like nice- shiny graphics and shit, a new stick or modding it is simply not affordable right now. Modding it will have about the same cost as buying the game.

I don't know whether you've got a good job/career/profession, live with your parents, have rich parents, pay a crazy cheap rent, work two jobs or simply are irresponsible with your money, but I'm in the middle of my life grind and will *absolutely NOT* shell out another 200+ bucks for a stick.

And I *know* many of the people, who have voiced their concerns on a PS4 exclusive release, are in the same spot too. Paying a rent, food, electrical, transport and telecom services, is expensive as fuck.

Not only that, for the ones that don't have the PS4, that means spending HUNDREDS. And the game's retail price will most definitely be more expensive.

You're acting like an ass to everyone because you believe the graphically superior version should be only on the specs-superior console. Are you kidding me? What does it even change in your damn life that the game gets released on PS3?

Some people out here seriously baffle me.

Its more like games are transitioning to next gen, it will become an eventuality so I don't buy that players are going to fork hundreds when I have my ps1 ps2 and ectera and not to mention the many handheld consol. Players will eventually upgrade and that cost is already accounted.

With the phantom pain release in japan there is already a surge in ps4 and maybe more so when there's are more games avalible.

I dont mind if there's a ps3 release but at some point the transition to ps4 will occur or has already. Beside the ps3 version already downgraded a lot in terms of graphic for stable game play.  I dont think arcsys would want to go through that again.

Its more like games are transitioning to next gen, it will become an eventuality so I don't buy that players are going to fork hundreds when I have my ps1 ps2 and ectera and not to mention the many handheld consol. Players will eventually upgrade and that cost is already accounted.

With the phantom pain release in japan there is already a surge in ps4 and maybe more so when there's are more games avalible.

I dont mind if there's a ps3 release but at some point the transition to ps4 will occur or has already. Beside the ps3 version already downgraded a lot in terms of graphic for stable game play.  I dont think arcsys would want to go through that again.

The transition to PS4 can occur with a game that is actually something new and not quite literally the same game with fancier graphics (statistically speaking at least.  we all know there are system changes and new characters but it's not a "new" game.)  In fact, let's look at it like this.  Can Revelator be done on PS3 without the game performance suffering?  Yes, Xrd proves this already.  When a new GG comes out that requires new hardware for a proper console port, then it can be time to upgrade, and even then the decision to buy a new console is completely up to the player.  I certainly have no interest in a PS4, I'd rather gamble with the uncertainty of a PC release. 

Or in other words, there's nothing in Revelator that makes it being PS4 exclusive worth it. 

Yeahp, no one's gonna talk about Jam's prostate.

:jam: "The restaurant is full!"

It's hard to talk about something that doesn't exist!

...unless Jam is secretly another Bridget situation...

Arc system works made Xrd for PS4 as they stated before announcing it.

Also Sony Japan worked really hard with ASW on many stuff like Toshin Geketotsu.

So i am pretty sure they will make it PS4 only to boost the console sales.

As personal opinion i think ASW are too nice to the point they made a spoiled and whiny fan base.
And they could have made Xrd sign a PS4 exclusive and never suffer the " it's not a totally new game" mentality on the long term.

Capcom has been shitting on their fans by PS4 exclusivity and preorder for Beta access and half assed done character models.
And people are still drooling over the game.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Are you seriously ignoring that SFV is also on PC again?  And in the same post you call ASW "too nice" for doing the exact same thing?  I don't understand the logic you people operate on, Jesus Christ.  How is MORE players bad?  Way to reinforce that "elitist GG fanbase" mentality that Eventhubs and YT comments parrot to death, great job everyone!  Honestly, I really think some of you are just such extreme fanboys for GG, if not ASW as a whole, that you'll accept anything they do as above criticism.  They could make Revelator exclusive to the N-Gage and some of you would still find a way to spin that.

But yeah, sure.  I'll go out and buy a 400 (500 dollar in some places) dollar console, a new controller peripheral since half the shit currently released doesn't work on PS4 unless the dev allows it, a subscription to do something that every single system actually worth buying already lets me do for free, and a 50 dollar game disc.  All to play one game.  Which is already factually proven to run perfectly on PS3.  Sure, whatever you say.

EDIT: Oh I completely forgot in response to the whole "too nice" thing.  You do realize we don't owe Arcsys (or any dev) a damn thing, right?  Business is a mutual, symbiotic relationship.  The business provides a service, and if the customer finds the service worthwile then they give the business money.  Under no circumstances is anyone obligated to buy a new console they're not interested in just because they enjoyed prior games in the series.  Now obviously that means they won't get to play the new one, but that's how being a consumer works, if they weren't willing to spend a shit ton of money on a new console+all the necessities (hooray modern gaming) then I doubt they're that broken up about not getting to play a particular game.  We call that concept individual value.  Surely to expect every single person to shell out 600+ dollars regardless of their financial situation just because they enjoyed Guilty Gear in the past, and you feel that Arcsys are "too nice" and deserve everyone's money, that's...what's the word?  Ah, yes, entitled.

Edited by Poultrygeist

The parts that are bolded make me laugh, but the rest is absolutely fine and understandable. Cheapskates got spoiled by free online on PSN and are all like "oh no, now I have to PAY?! Give it to me now, for free, because I need my instant gratification i'm entitled to!"

I been playing online for free with the ps3 and the Nintendo DS for almost a decade, and i can still play online for free on steam, Vita and WiiU

so yeah, fuck paying for online, sorry for not being a mindless sheep that supports anti consumer practices and let´s Sony fuck him in the ass

Edited by ivanchu77

The transition to PS4 can occur with a game that is actually something new and not quite literally the same game with fancier graphics (statistically speaking at least.  we all know there are system changes and new characters but it's not a "new" game.)  In fact, let's look at it like this.  Can Revelator be done on PS3 without the game performance suffering?  Yes, Xrd proves this already.  When a new GG comes out that requires new hardware for a proper console port, then it can be time to upgrade, and even then the decision to buy a new console is completely up to the player.  I certainly have no interest in a PS4, I'd rather gamble with the uncertainty of a PC release. 

Or in other words, there's nothing in Revelator that makes it being PS4 exclusive worth it. 

On the contrary, I don't think you can say the ps4 version is a fancier graphic version because it is a truer reflection of the original I. E the arcade version. However, the ps3 version is clearly a downgrade. There was an interview where Daisuke said they strip the graphics to the bone and that involved a lot of work.

Performance wise they can be the same game but you might as well suggest the vita or psp version of the game can be legit even if it plays the same. I dont think we can simply decide game play should be the bar. However, I do concede there are economical reason and mainly a convince issue with the ps3. Although I did read somewhere it would be up to development if they want to enable backward controll adaptability.

But from a functional point of view the ps4 plays the game perfectly, being an exact copy of what's in the arcade and that the ps4 doesn't have frame issue with stages.

It seems like some people got upset when I mentioned I'd rather play Revelator on PS3 or PC because I'd prefer not to pay a fee to go online. I didn't mean to attack any PS4 fans out there so I'm sorry if someone interpreted it that way. But since the original game is on Sega's RingEdge, which is running Windows, a PC port would be pretty sweet I think. Then everyone could play the "true" version of the game. People who want to pay for online could play on the PS4 and people who don't want to could play on PC. Daisuke please make it happen. :toot:

I think we have strayed a bit from the thread's topic and I'm almost surprised the mods haven't descended upon us to hand out infractions left and right.

Edited by SQNR

You are one hell of a negative person and a daily hater to top it off, wow! I don't know how you do it, life seems grim like that.

I have a PS4 and I still wish it'll be on PS3.

I only have a PS3 stick but as much as I like nice- shiny graphics and shit, a new stick or modding it is simply not affordable right now. Modding it will have about the same cost as buying the game.

I don't know whether you've got a good job/career/profession, live with your parents, have rich parents, pay a crazy cheap rent, work two jobs or simply are irresponsible with your money, but I'm in the middle of my life grind

and will *absolutely NOT* shell out another 200+ bucks for a stick.

And I *know* many of the people, who have voiced their concerns on a PS4 exclusive release, are in the same spot too.

Paying a rent, food, electrical, transport and telecom services, is expensive as fuck.

Not only that,

for the ones that don't have the PS4, that means spending HUNDREDS.

And the game's retail price will most definitely be more expensive.

You're acting like an ass to everyone because you believe the graphically superior version should be only on the specs-superior console. Are you kidding me? What does it even change in your damn life that the game gets released on PS3?

Some people out here seriously baffle me.

I'm going to address these in order. But, before I do so, note that all i've discussed is people complaining about PS4's mandated payment of PS+, not people who are simply too strapped to buy a PS4, in need of a new stick, and have never discussed anything about "graphic superiority" or console superiority. The price of the PS4 and a stick is what they are personally worth to YOU, so, if that's not acceptable/feasible for you, fine. Those things cost quite a bit more than the PS+ subscription.

Bold 1 - As I said above, the cost of getting a new stick, modifying your own current one, etc is what's up to you. However, you act as if there's a requirement to play with a stick. It's perfectly fine to play on a controller, so, please don't try and act as if pads are worthless.

Bold 2 - Again, you're talking about the cost of a stick. There was no one talking about sticks, that's all on you. If you don't want to or can't afford a stick, that's fine, but that's also not the only way to play.

Bold 3 - Several things to say about this. Yes, life is expensive. I'm not talking about the cost of paying for a system or the game, a new stick, or etc, but paying for the service itself. If paying $60 per year leaves you that badly off, i'm sorry for your situation, but you might want to consider quitting video games for a while, maybe save up some money from that? As for transport, what? You're actively ripping yourself off for paying for public transit rather than just getting your own car and driving yourself. It costs more immediately, but would save you more in the long run. The internet is also something extraneous, so, if you're struggling so hard, maybe go without the net for a few months? Regardless, there's many things you can do to raise how much money you have, and if something like video games costs too much, leave for a while and come back, don't try to make me out to be some infantile basement dweller just because I can manage myself a little better than you can.

Bold 4 - At what point does it make sense to continue talking about the price of the system and etc when I was talking about PS+? It's like i'm talking about your electric bill and you're discussing the price of a new fridge. I'm talking about a service for an appliance, and you're talking about an appliance. 2 different discussions.

Bold 5 - Never once have I discussed graphics. At all. I also never said anything even slightly concerning which console was superior to the other. It doesn't effect me in the slightest if it does release on PS3, I don't care about that. Some people i've known for a long time only got to play Xrd with me because of PS3/PS4 cross play. This portion right here is absolutely trying to put words in my mouth, to an almost slanderous level.

I'm going to address these in order. But, before I do so, note that all i've discussed is people complaining about PS4's mandated payment of PS+, not people who are simply too strapped to buy a PS4, in need of a new stick, and have never discussed anything about "graphic superiority" or console superiority. The price of the PS4 and a stick is what they are personally worth to YOU, so, if that's not acceptable/feasible for you, fine. Those things cost quite a bit more than the PS+ subscription.

Bold 1 - As I said above, the cost of getting a new stick, modifying your own current one, etc is what's up to you. However, you act as if there's a requirement to play with a stick. It's perfectly fine to play on a controller, so, please don't try and act as if pads are worthless.

Bold 2 - Again, you're talking about the cost of a stick. There was no one talking about sticks, that's all on you. If you don't want to or can't afford a stick, that's fine, but that's also not the only way to play.

Bold 3 - Several things to say about this. Yes, life is expensive. I'm not talking about the cost of paying for a system or the game, a new stick, or etc, but paying for the service itself. If paying $60 per year leaves you that badly off, i'm sorry for your situation, but you might want to consider quitting video games for a while, maybe save up some money from that? As for transport, what? You're actively ripping yourself off for paying for public transit rather than just getting your own car and driving yourself. It costs more immediately, but would save you more in the long run. The internet is also something extraneous, so, if you're struggling so hard, maybe go without the net for a few months? Regardless, there's many things you can do to raise how much money you have, and if something like video games costs too much, leave for a while and come back, don't try to make me out to be some infantile basement dweller just because I can manage myself a little better than you can.

Bold 4 - At what point does it make sense to continue talking about the price of the system and etc when I was talking about PS+? It's like i'm talking about your electric bill and you're discussing the price of a new fridge. I'm talking about a service for an appliance, and you're talking about an appliance. 2 different discussions.

Bold 5 - Never once have I discussed graphics. At all. I also never said anything even slightly concerning which console was superior to the other. It doesn't effect me in the slightest if it does release on PS3, I don't care about that. Some people i've known for a long time only got to play Xrd with me because of PS3/PS4 cross play. This portion right here is absolutely trying to put words in my mouth, to an almost slanderous level.

Cars imply insurance, the car itself and *gas*. Here in Montreal (Quebec, Canada), it comes down to a lot more expensive than public transit alone.

I like how you focus on the PS+ aspect when what I'm trying to address is your goddamn selfish ass dissin' everybody that don't want Rev to be PS4-exclusive. Your last portion is bull, considering how you been advocating it to be only released on PS4.

Seriously, I won't bother answering the whole thing, I've wasted enough of my time. You clearly won't understand what's wrong with your attitude.

Cars imply insurance, the car itself and *gas*. Here in Montreal (Quebec, Canada), it comes down to a lot more expensive than public transit alone.

I like how you focus on the PS+ aspect when what I'm trying to address is your goddamn selfish ass dissin' everybody that don't want Rev to be PS4-exclusive. Your last portion is bull, considering how you been advocating it to be only released on PS4.

Seriously, I won't bother answering the whole thing, I've wasted enough of my time. You clearly won't understand what's wrong with your attitude.

I don't know Canada, so whatever on that.

The PS+ aspect was all I was ever talking about. I haven't been advocating it only on PS4, as there's some people I wouldn't get to play with if it were. If I have a reason to want it for PS4 alone, it's to keep things moving. The ones i've been dissing is the "PS+ should be free, down with PS4 for needing payment!" group.

You won't "waste your time" because there's nothing you can truly say.

did anyone ever say PS+ should be free

pretty sure everyone was saying netplay for any game on PS4 should be free and not require PS+

did anyone ever say PS+ should be free

pretty sure everyone was saying netplay for any game on PS4 should be free and not require PS+

It shouldn't though. Xbox Live wasn't free, why would PSN stay free?

Reading this thread is fucking cancer, holy shit....

People, just play what you fucking want. Goddamn it, why is this turning into a debate about "Consumers are always right".

It shouldn't though. Xbox Live wasn't free, why would PSN stay free?

This is really a poor way of debate and doesn't actually add anything, and you can tell this by simply inversing your statement.

"PS3's PSN is free (along with PC, Wii, DS, PS2, Vita (?) ), why should XBL and PS4's PSN require money?"

Either way - this argument doesn't really matter since ASW is going to release it on whatever platforms they would like. If Revelator is PS4 only, then oh well, you can either throw down 500+ for a single game, or be a consumer that is capable of thinking and just not buy the game and system. If it comes out on PS3, then whatever, PS4 players that are capable of thinking can simply not play with PS3 players if they feel that experience detracts from their game play for some reason.

Edited by Elemenope

You guys need to chill.

I'm pretty happy with how Revelator is looking. Jack-o seems like my kind of character, the visuals look fun, and I like the system changes. Having to pay for netplay would kind of irk me, and if there was a PC version I'd jump on it, but I wouldn't care that much. I really don't think expecting free netplay is entitlement, considering that it's always been that way up until companies started charging. I do think that if I am paying for it, the current state of GG netplay is entirely unacceptable. Between Sony charging for netplay and Arcsys charging full disk prices for what should be dpc updates, someone should be working on rollback netplay or something to make it not bad.

I'm more upset that Valentine probably won't be voted in.

You guys need to chill.

I'm pretty happy with how Revelator is looking. Jack-o seems like my kind of character, the visuals look fun, and I like the system changes. Having to pay for netplay would kind of irk me, and if there was a PC version I'd jump on it, but I wouldn't care that much. I really don't think expecting free netplay is entitlement, considering that it's always been that way up until companies started charging. I do think that if I am paying for it, the current state of GG netplay is entirely unacceptable. Between Sony charging for netplay and Arcsys charging full disk prices for what should be dpc updates, someone should be working on rollback netplay or something to make it not bad.

I'm more upset that Valentine probably won't be voted in.

I can say that Jam doesn't to be that strong at all.

She seems to be very average compared to the strong characters.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have a big cathodic tv especially for ps3 fighting games and xrd looks almost as gorgeous as ps4 version even with performance mode. And hey : 0 LAG !

I keep my asus monitor for everything else.

Can Annelfrank be a mod again?

Also, I'm not really digging her new card charging animation. Looks very wushu yeah, but kinda goofy.

Edited by Layer