Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Yea these last few pages have been extra drag. People have their opinions on different things...we get it..now everyone quit fucken cryin about it. 

Anywho has anyone seen any additional footage of jam..I wana see some more fights. I've just seen the jam vs jam. Her animation is very smooth looking :). 

Damage options are very similar to reload. High damage cards (Max ryujin is probably around 120), high damage throws (super long untech time on throw for legitimate combo), etc. People reported no proration on throw (one case air throw, not sure if same applied to ground throw), but not sure if that's a bug or intended.

Damage probably won't be an issue. Concern is ability to generate chances/zoning. You can't OS with parry because it's a special now, so you can't just put one in from time to time as cover as freely. 2s range nerf is major, and unless 6h has favorable properties (which it seems to have) ground game will be a bit tougher. Loss of old 2h and slower 6p reduces her aa options. cs, parry, and js are still available so it shouldn't be too bad. Jam also doesn't have her air dash from reload back.

One cool thing is the new animation for puffball has her retracting her body pre-strike, rather than fully extending pre-strike (specifically her front foot). This will allow for easier zoning and less likely to get poked out by mid-range attacks.

A lot more time is needed to properly rate the character though.

This is really a poor way of debate and doesn't actually add anything, and you can tell this by simply inversing your statement.

"PS3's PSN is free (along with PC, Wii, DS, PS2, Vita (?) ), why should XBL and PS4's PSN require money?"

Either way - this argument doesn't really matter since ASW is going to release it on whatever platforms they would like. If Revelator is PS4 only, then oh well, you can either throw down 500+ for a single game, or be a consumer that is capable of thinking and just not buy the game and system. If it comes out on PS3, then whatever, PS4 players that are capable of thinking can simply not play with PS3 players if they feel that experience detracts from their game play for some reason.

You are very much correct about because X is one way Y should be that way too being a highly flawed argument.  That said having used both PSN (PS3) and XBL I would, at this point, be willing to pay for PSN (when I actually need to; currently own Sign for PS3 but will be buying Revelator for PS4) if it means that the online play isn't crap.  Hell, I'd pay extra if Sony figures out a way to set the consoles of those who attempt to play fighting games over a wireless connection on fire.

Edited by Nobus3r1

Guys, that's enough of the console debate. Leave that to another topic.

Discuss Xrd itself instead; gameplay news related to that. Stuff like Jam.

That's...interesting I suppose.

So she still has the KoF-esque super that is a ton of hits into a finisher (full animation of that somewhere?)

The pillar with an optional follow-up. 

The sunny D ball that now looks more like Chun-Li's Kikosho.

I dunno, new puffball doesn't invoke the same level of terror as past puffballs... like Vanilla AC

Edited by Jocelot

did anyone ever say PS+ should be free

pretty sure everyone was saying netplay for any game on PS4 should be free and not require PS+

While this is true, don't forget that NETPLAY = PS+ = $$, so yeah, Netplay might as well be Money matches on the PS4.

Those of us who live off netplay for our bread and butter in the isolated regions of the world probably don't want to pay much for such things.

That, and there's a ton of PS3 exclusives out there besides GGXrd that people "still" play online (I just bought Arcana Heart 3 Love Max and Battle Fantasia for example, to say nothing of upcoming Central Fiction).

Anyways, enough about that... Jam is still looking scary... how is her backdash and 2S hitbox looking?  Does 2S punish everything like it used to?

2S is not even close to what she used to have. It was a killer move before. Now the hitbox is really really short. I don't think it can punish everything now since it won't reach.

I also think her air combo look harder to juggle, sometimes j.S (JC) j.s>j.H doesn't even connect properly anymore. In these case I see people need to replace the whole chain with just j.D and a whole lot of damage lost.

I'm still waiting for new combo route and a general neutral game that works since she also lost her signature low and long IAD...

Edited by Naka

It looks like one of her crouching normals has CH stagger on it now? (Or always did and no one noticed beforehand?) Probably 2S if my guess is correct.

It seems I heard some faulty info about her 2S losing CH stagger from older games. Never mind me.

Edited by Zero-Sennin
Fixing something dumb I said

Man i really hate Jam... since forever. Some of her new animations look really really smooth though.

Any news on the character poll?

Edited by XXXDC

On a recent note. Japanese players love and fear the new 2S. Startup is faster and safer on whiff. So 2S is a thing now.

"This move is crap now, we can't punish anything with it"

*12 Hours Later*

"Never mind, it's still godlike."

lol

Edited by Vashimus

Johnny's backdash used to be like 11F total and 9F invul right?

Who thought that was a good design?

Most likely the same guy who thought that giving Zappa an 11f backdash for 10f invul was a great and fair idea.

Most likely the same guy who thought that giving Zappa an 11f backdash for 10f invul was a great and fair idea.

Which made him godlike in every version before +R, right? Backdashes are such a red herring. Go watch your last online replay and framestep to see how many frames you spend not blocking every time you try to churn out a backdash.