Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Yeaaah, Baby!!! PS3 version, Jam, free online, haters gonna hate.

Most PS4 owners already own a PS3.

And they defiantly won't play Xrd on it unless they were retarded or doesn't own a PS4 stick.

Daaaaang spring is stacked with fighting stuff KI Season 3 Street Fighter V, new dudes for MKX and Xrd R. It's gonna be hard for me to be the best Kano, Rashid, Riptor and Bedman NA all at once, damn. 

I would welcome a ps4 exclusive with open arms, so I don't have to deal with online not working for 2 weeks because one console got the patch and the other didn't. Or playing on a specific arena because the rest of them lags .

Finally, someone who actually understands :v:

So yeah, being able to play the game 100% without worrying about the game lagging because of the backgrounds, among other things, is what I want. Also, whoever thinks PS3 vs PS4 crossplay feels "the same" has clearly never played the PS4 version. Everytime I play vs a PS3 guy and see every other stage than arena lag like shit (something that has never happened to me when playing another PS4 user) is frustrating as heck.

But oh well, PS3 version announced. Guess people will be happy :v:

Oh, and Jam's new face looks horrid as shit. It seems like I'm seeing K-on's Ritsu, not... Jam.

Edited by Kyosuke Kagami

Anyone thinking they will have some surprises for us?? Maybe some DLC shortly after?? I'm hoping they use the polls for the new char to maybe create 1 or 2 more as dlc.. (wishful thinking)

Finally, someone who actually understands :v:

So yeah, being able to play the game 100% without worrying about the game lagging because of the backgrounds, among other things, is what I want. Also, whoever thinks PS3 vs PS4 crossplay feels "the same" has clearly never played the PS4 version. Everytime I play vs a PS3 guy and see every other stage than arena lag like shit (something that has never happened to me when playing another PS4 user) is frustrating as heck.

But oh well, PS3 version announced. Guess people will be happy :v:

Oh, and Jam's new face looks horrid as shit. It seems like I'm seeing K-on's Ritsu, not... Jam.

PS4 vs PS4 also lag on the same laggy netplay stages.

I know most of us will import, but is that spring for both JP and US or just JP?

Spring for JP only so far. Maybe we'll know the timing of the region's releases once there's a set date for JP version.

And they defiantly won't play Xrd on it unless they were retarded or doesn't own a PS4 stick.

PS3/4 owner here with PS3/4 stick. I'll definitely prefer PS3 version because 1) means I can take it to locals and get games in without having to worry about other people and their stick/pad compatibility, and 2) because hitting the actual select button to reset training mode is worth it alone.

Spring for JP only so far. Maybe we'll know the timing of the region's releases once there's a set date for JP version.

SFV is coming in spring? I wonder if they would try to do a US release during the release of that.

PS3/4 owner here with PS3/4 stick. I'll definitely prefer PS3 version because 1) means I can take it to locals and get games in without having to worry about other people and their stick/pad compatibility, and 2) because hitting the actual select button to reset training mode is worth it alone.

First reason is basically not having a PS4 stick " for a second player"

Second reason is the other thing

I play on pad thank you. PS4 pad still isn't 100% broken in the way my ps3 pad is.

Well other than people are happy that the console version for Rev is set. And yes, some people and PS3's, we know, lol. But in any retrospect, will wait for anything additional, lol. Not only that, I also hope for a speedy localization like they did for Sign. And hopefully not spaced out, but I guess we'll wait and see. Well for one thing, the PS+ colors returning is a good "Sign" (yeah, silly, I know, but it works.), just hope its worldwide too if possible for those that missed out on it.

The PS+ colors seemed to be available for a long time or did they announce it free for everyone later on? I remember when it first came out I got it with a PS+ 14 day trial and it expired so I lost the colors but it let me download it again for free weeks/month later and I still have the colors even now and don't have PS+

Depends on what you expect from good ol arc system works #dboink

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Your best bet is to hope they knock ten-fifteenish bucks off the price. There is close to no chance of the latter.

At the very least, XrdR's content sorta justifies a $40 price tag, even if the balance is the same as -SIGN- 1.1

*glares at CPEX*

Good, they're not abandoning PS3 players yet with Revelator. Next one after that will likely be PS4 only, but there's a good chance I'll own the system by 2017. Then again, the PS3 is going to die an incredibly slow, protracted death in Japan, as the PS2 did. Hell, even the PSP is now still being kept alive by a few otome games.

Is it too much to hope for a Western-exclusive Xbox One version of Revelator? Unfortunate that CP Extend's XBO release was probably a one-and-done experiment that failed, and that wasn't by Team Red anyway.

Edited by TAI-X

Well other than people are happy that the console version for Rev is set. And yes, some people and PS3's, we know, lol. But in any retrospect, will wait for anything additional, lol. Not only that, I also hope for a speedy localization like they did for Sign. And hopefully not spaced out, but I guess we'll wait and see.

InB4 Xrd-Revelator- turns out to be JPN only. Or becomes a PS4 exclusive everywhere else after 9 months. Hey, it happens sometimes :v:

Though, I guess the PS3 players will be happy. Not that they had much to worry about as a PS3 version was 98.56% likely anyway. As for me, I'll be getting it on my shiny PS4. I missed out on SIGN because I couldn't afford the console at the time and I wasn't willing to shell out money for the PS3 version (and I had other games to buy at the time) so I am itching to play Revelator as soon as I can.

InB4 Xrd-Revelator- turns out to be JPN only. Or becomes a PS4 exclusive everywhere else after 9 months. Hey, it happens sometimes :v:.

I suppose now would be a good time to note that there's very little functional difference between the JP and NA versions of Xrd -Sign-, even in terms of language. Hell, the JP version even defaults to English text and voices if it notices your PS3's regional setting as NA. I'm actually not entirely certain what was done for the localization specifically that took two weeks to release (I guess PSN puts you down as playing Guilty Gear Xrd instead of GUILTY GEAR XRD), but it'd be a strange turn of development if they didn't bother with supporting the NA scene for Revelator.

It would be ****ing awful if Aksys dragged their feet at localizing a major ArcSys fighter release again. I still have zero regrets for my decision to import BBCP after how ridiculously long it took to be brought over, and I'm sure they lost a significant number of sales from their lethargy, including mine. I won't import a GG game except as a last resort though, because I'm much more invested in the storyline. Hoping for a US release no more than two months after the Japanese console debut, and even that would be pushing it.

There's also a chance that Sony will throw some moneyhats Aksys's way to make the US localization PS4 exclusive. I wouldn't rule it out after what happened with SFV; they're a longtime EVO sponsor and have been aggressively pushing for the FGC to adopt the PS4 en masse (although the Sony-developed PS4 version of USFIV is a piece of shit, lol). Though Guilty Gear probably isn't a big enough deal for them to care.

What was wrong with Juan's CPEX? Not a surprise for me if it didn't sell well (lol), but did it flop that badly?

Need you ask? X1 still carries the stigma of its original presentation. Seems like no matter how much Miscrosoft backpedals and tries to make the thing appealing, the initial negative response remains even as the years roll by. It's a capable system to be sure, but really releasing ASW games on it would be the business equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot..with a rocket launcher. 360 was considered dead in Japan. X1 was more or less DOA there too. And it isn't much popular anywhere else. No wonder its sales for BBCPEX would be abysmal (though I have no concrete figures on me).