Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I'm just making fun of the fact sol still acts surprised about it !

Sol knows that Justice is Aria from the very first beginning.

Even before joining the Holy Order.

She is probably alive.

That's what "Aria is . . . I would never believe such a bullshit " could stand for

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It's either Kum (don't think we saw her female face yet, and those headphones resemble bells) or Bedman's sister (purple hair and eyes, headphones also resemble Bedman's screws). Or it's just Elphelt and the frame's coloring and overlay are messing with me :v:

It's either Kum (don't think we saw her female face yet, and those headphones resemble bells) or Bedman's sister (purple hair and eyes, headphones also resemble Bedman's screws). Or it's just Elphelt and the frame's coloring and overlay are messing with me :v:

I think its the second

Isen't she supposed to be younger? Doesn't look like it.

Eh, it's Japan, their female characters don't differ too much between 5 and 25 years in facial structure.

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201509180095/

Jam comes out on the 24th. Character poll starts the same day.

Edit: ASW has released a PDF explaining the poll as well as comments from Pachi about what each character would bring if they were in Xrd. http://www.ggxrd.com/rev/ac/XrdElection.pdf

The poll lasts until the 13th of October, final results will announced in a livestream on the 16th.

Edited by Tokkan

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201509180095/

Jam comes out on the 24th. Character poll starts the same day.

Edit: ASW has released a PDF explaining the poll as well as comments from Pachi about what each character would bring if they were in Xrd. http://www.ggxrd.com/rev/ac/XrdElection.pdf

The poll lasts until the 13th of October, final results will announced in a livestream on the 16th.

That's cool. I hope someone will translate the PDF with Pachi's comments.

I ran some basic translations on the PDF. Obviously they're Google stuff, so I'll refrain from putting it here, but a lot of it sounds hype. I'm really glad they decided to present it like this, so we have an idea of what's coming. I'm also super happy that we'll know the results in less than a month. 

Really interested on what he said about Xrd Order Sol.!

They definitely mention that a combination of the current Roman Cancel system and his charge decaying could be crazy good. Whether this means that they want this to be good, or they will somehow limit it may be there, but I can't get to that. I'm sure someone will get to actually translating this stuff soon. 

They definitely mention that a combination of the current Roman Cancel system and his charge decaying could be crazy good. Whether this means that they want this to be good, or they will somehow limit it may be there, but I can't get to that. I'm sure someone will get to actually translating this stuff soon. 

I eagerly await.

In particular, what Pachi has to say about the Overture characters (and Fanny) and how they would play for the first time in a 2D fighting game environment interests me.

EDIT: Whoops, Fanny already was in a 2D fighting game, I forgot. Still, I'm curious how they'd expand on her, if they do.

Edited by The Badgerine

Guilty Gear 101

It's been known ever since the first Guilty Gear on the PS one

And I've been trying to TELL PEOPLE who don't follow the story that this is WRONG.

GGXrd's Library even outright says it.  Justice was a "copy" of Aria.  That's not the same thing as being Aria herself.

@Tokkan do you know if Pachi ever talks about other GG characters not mentioned in the election list?  Like say Solaria, Tyr, Mizuha, or (dare I say it) Leopaldon?

Edited by Blade

It seems that they tweaked the story a little bit in Xrd.

The justice in Xrd is definitely the same justice from the first Guilty Gear.

Although this makes alot of holes in the story mode and the first Guilty Gear.

I actually think that might be Tuner.

It seems that they tweaked the story a little bit in Xrd.

The justice in Xrd is definitely the same justice from the first Guilty Gear.

Although this makes alot of holes in the story mode and the first Guilty Gear.

The Conclave took Justice's body after The Missing Link, restored it, and held onto it whilst they worked on refining the resurrection process.

Really curious what they mean by changing Baiken's approach. Only think I can think of it changing her cancels to suit a much more offense based playstyle, instead of the pseudo-turtle that formed from X2. Verrrrry curious.

Edited by FallenWhite

Different blood types for ABA sounds really neat, 5 different movesets?!

Cool ideas, specially Testament's crow's. Not sure what he meant for both Anji and Baiken though.

Unsure about more young Kliff moves,  that's what made his supers so cool to begin with :(

Edited by Mumm-Ra

Hooray for retcons

It's not technically a retcon either.

"Giant Justice" was fought during the Crusades (imagine Kliff Undersn or Order Sol or even Ky taking her on... amazing to think about).

When we finally "Meet Again" in Missing Link, she's in a weakened "incomplete" state (which is why she's Human-sized).  The U.N. confirms she was in this state at the end of the tournament when Sol killed her (this is the same Justice in all incarnations of Accent Core, Slash, GGXPlus, etc. that we fight in-game, so she never technically 'changed' from her "Missing Link" appearance, even Crow Kuruwaba's "Justice Copy" is based on combat data from this form she took).

The next time she's seen, she's inside the Cradle in a subdued incorporal state... I assume her body mass was converted in to this form in order to facilitate projecting her powers outward until she could be reactivated.

Then, when they get the chance, they cause the Cradle to revert back to Justice' "Original Body".

Anyway, hope that explains it.

And yes, there were prototypes before Justice (after Sol was created).

It's either Kum (don't think we saw her female face yet, and those headphones resemble bells).

Given what I'll assume are the etymological roots of the character's name (Korean?), I'd imagine this is probably pronounced something akin to "koom." I'd be lying if I said my immature side wasn't going "lolwtf!" when I first read this, though. On a more serious note, was the character in question's real name ever confirmed or mentioned anywhere of note? More over, was much of anything brought up about Tuner/Kum/???'s role, etc.?

-

Also, Blade mentioned Justice's status as a clone of Aria, in which case I'd just like to ask if that technically makes her a Valentine.