Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

No, because Valentines are imperfect Gear-like constructs created from Justice's DNA by the Universal Will/Merciless Apocalypse back in 2074.  Valentines are essentially clones of a clone. Being a clone of Aria does not label you a Valentine.  Dizzy is also confirmed to be a Copy/Reproduction/Back-up of Justice by both Crow and Paradigm, though no one knows where she came from.

Given what I'll assume are the etymological roots of the character's name (Korean?), I'd imagine this is probably pronounced something akin to "koom." I'd be lying if I said my immature side wasn't going "lolwtf!" when I first read this, though. On a more serious note, was the character in question's real name ever confirmed or mentioned anywhere of note? More over, was much of anything brought up about Tuner/Kum/???'s role, etc.?

Her/his name is written in the arcade credits as Kum Haehyun.

Also, Blade mentioned Justice's status as a clone of Aria, in which case I'd just like to ask if that technically makes her a Valentine.

Given that Valentines are born in the Backyard, and created by the Universal Will, then probably not. Justice is Gear 01. And some other details that Blade might mention.

All right, thanks, Solhunter and Sargeant Dull for the info, and thank you, SoWL, for that tidbit.Come to think of it, "Justice Valentine" doesn't have a very good ring to it I reckon. And Mumm-Ra, Jack-O' doesn't appear to be wearing a hat unless you count that weird halo thing. lol

Hey, gaiz, BREAKING NEWS. ASW announced at the Tokyo Game Show that the upcoming GGXrd has been renamed to REVEROTER instead of Revelator...

Scan.thumb.jpg.42477e85abc5e1ecaf0b56187

kappa (ASW, wtf? You just needed to copy the spelling from the logo. I think an intern needs to be let go...)

No silly hat = Not a Valentine

What's that make Jack-O' then?  She doesn't wear a hat yet she has Valentine moves...

Given that Valentines are born in the Backyard, and created by the Universal Will, then probably not. Justice is Gear 01. And some other details that Blade might mention.

Valentines are probably "imperfect copies" of Justice swapped with human DNA, given the whole Variable X "Gear Cell Replication" incident that happened in 2074 when "That Man" vaporized Japan over a pair of giant unknown lifeforms.  The idea they were looking to obtain whatever was inside the Cube in GG2 establishes the notion they wanted to be closer to Gears based on how the Gearmaker designed Justice, which is why he calls them "Illegitimate Children" of a Merciless Apocalypse [Jihi naku Keiji].

GUILTY GEAR REVEROTER. Sounds like a really epic car part

Just because Japan roves Engrish doesn't make it light.  (And don't get me started on WAVANGERION merchandise)

What's that make Jack-O' then?  She doesn't wear a hat yet she has Valentine moves...

guess also appears as - Jack O' Valentine - in the episode mode credits

The hat thing was a joke, guys.

Has Jam been patched into arcades yet? That was suppose to be today, wasn't it?

Guess we'll wait and find out soon, its around morning time right now in JP (as of post), so yeah, later on when the arcades there are open and to check her out.

They decided to give Jam her AC gameplay unlike the rest of the cast because why the fuck not?

/sarcasm

Edited by Mumm-Ra

From what people keep saying she's a lot more like #Reload, just like everybody else. I dunno.

Jam and her strange super skin tight dress...

I can't even fucking look at her portrait or 3d model because of that skin tight boobs design, just makes me puke

I can't even fucking look at her portrait or 3d model because of that skin tight boobs design, just makes me puke

I would be inclined to agree but since I play so much BB I'm kind of numb to it because of Mori and his crazy obsession with skintight Taki-tier clothes that some how vacuum into the character's stomach impossibly.  Hello Noel and the Murakumos.