Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Yes, he had a Deadly Rave. Sadly IIRC you couldn't RC it or stop it midway to extend combos so it widely went unused except for flashy finishes.

Edited by Vulcan422

Since you are the minority in term of HOS wanted list, another thing that HOS brought to the table was a shout out to SNK long time fan. You should know what am I talking about.

I would guess that you mean HOS' Dragon Install input being kind of like Geese's Deadly Rave attack.

But, I'd be careful. I wouldn't try to take the group of people lucky enough to have access to the arcades and skilled enough to procure enough world dollars to vote a bunch of times as indicative of what the entire GG fanbase wants. Plus that Twitter campaign (Kazunoko, was it?) thing to happened that might be putting the thumb on the scale. I dunno. I might be in the minority in not wanting HOS, but it depends on where you're getting your numbers.

Bridget, Dizzy, and Baiken outranked HOS in the overall character popularity poll taken two years ago, and pretty much everyone who knew about it could vote.

http://gear-project.tumblr.com/post/57442631957/guilty-gear-character-popularity-poll-results

And then the poll that was just taken over at Shoryuken had Baiken roflstomping everybody in terms of who should be added to the game next.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/09/25/shoryuken-readers-overwhelmingly-support-baikens-possible-return-in-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator/

We don't even have real numbers for everybody on this site, do we? Don't let a few outspoken individuals in this thread fool you, now. I'm trying to think big picture here. And despite being different from Sol and adding something different to the gameplay (all of the other characters would fit that bill, technically), HOS will always have that additional minus in the eyes of the public of being Sol Part 2: Electric Boogaloo that the other characters don't. And HOS is certainly closer to Sol then, say, Testament, Baiken, or Zappa. And then if you care about the story? Fuhgeddaboudit.

And again, I'm trying to think about the big picture. This is outside of my selfish reasons for wanting someone besides HOS (i.e. I wouldn't really use him). But, it's not like HOS is super low in popularity either, so I don't think fans would burn ASW to the ground if he got in over Bridget, Dizzy, and Baiken. But...I suppose you never know...

I would guess that you mean HOS' Dragon Install input being kind of like Geese's Deadly Rave attack.

But, I'd be careful. I wouldn't try to take the group of people lucky enough to have access to the arcades and skilled enough to procure enough world dollars to vote a bunch of times as indicative of what the entire GG fanbase wants. Plus that Twitter campaign (Kazunoko, was it?) thing to happened that might be putting the thumb on the scale. I dunno. I might be in the minority in not wanting HOS, but it depends on where you're getting your numbers.

Bridget, Dizzy, and Baiken outranked HOS in the overall character popularity poll taken two years ago, and pretty much everyone who knew about it could vote.

http://gear-project.tumblr.com/post/57442631957/guilty-gear-character-popularity-poll-results

And then the poll that was just taken over at Shoryuken had Baiken roflstomping everybody in terms of who should be added to the game next.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/09/25/shoryuken-readers-overwhelmingly-support-baikens-possible-return-in-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator/

We don't even have real numbers for everybody on this site, do we? Don't let a few outspoken individuals in this thread fool you, now. I'm trying to think big picture here. And despite being different from Sol and adding something different to the gameplay (all of the other characters would fit that bill, technically), HOS will always have that additional minus in the eyes of the public of being Sol Part 2: Electric Boogaloo that the other characters don't. And HOS is certainly closer to Sol then, say, Testament, Baiken, or Zappa. And then if you care about the story? Fuhgeddaboudit.

And again, I'm trying to think about the big picture. This is outside of my selfish reasons for wanting someone besides HOS (i.e. I wouldn't really use him). But, it's not like HOS is super low in popularity either, so I don't think fans would burn ASW to the ground if he got in over Bridget, Dizzy, and Baiken. But...I suppose you never know...

I said you are the minority in term of "HOS WANTED LIST." That means you are a person who didn't want HOS. Not the minority in term of character popularity.

Also, in this case (Well, only this case apparently since you showed the outside of the box.), apparently, Gameplay over the character popularity. You don't have to show me those polls since I knew a long time ago that Bridge, Dizzy and Baiken ruled the poll aside from Sol and Ky. However, since the very first day HOS got in, the altitude for him compare to Evil Ryu was essentially different. Why? His gameplay was one thing but because of his SNK reference AND his music AND his killer design. Believe it or not. When you looks like 2 Sols, Order Sol would be the first to be picked up by the player and in public eyes because he's usually entertaining to watch. I believe there are a lot of OS mains here and me being one of them.

Another factor was that he's the Millia anti. Millia is a big crisis in Xrd because they made her so good in Xrd. OS was known for his ultimate purpose of killing Millia because he can neutralize her air game effortlessly. People were tired of seeing Millia win the majority of matches. This is where OS came in to GTFO her.

Now I can't wait for the time that HOS will be nothing like his AC+r form and the only people that are using him are character loyalists

From Pachi comments implied that HOS will be buffed again.

Who gives a fuck, can't you guys see that Izuna shat the bed and got above two classic characters, this is an outrage :(

Sounds like we're going to taste similar tears to the ones of that recently dissolved Ramlethal Bandwagon :o :blink:

:)

im hoping there sarcasm somewhere since dizzy hasn't been great in many version. Dizzy players know what to expect.

I said you are the minority in term of "HOS WANTED LIST." That means you are a person who didn't want HOS. Not the minority in term of character popularity.

Well, eventually I wouldn't mind him in the game. But, not before some other characters first. I don't think I'm in the minority on the whole there. That's all I was saying. But, your reasons for wanting HOS are noted.

Who gives a fuck, can't you guys see that Izuna shat the bed and got above two classic characters, this is an outrage :(

Izuna's a bawse, dude. Whatchu talking about? lol

You can take solace in the fact that HOS is more likely to get in than Izuna. Significantly so.

Happy times lie ahead. The tyrannical reign of Millia shall crash and burn with the resurrection of our messiah Order-Sol, who was unjustly removed from the roster at the height of his glory. His future incarnation was able to keep her at bay to an extent, but she still places higher than him according to the holy scripture known as "The Tier List".

Edited by Vulcan422

im hoping there sarcasm somewhere since dizzy hasn't been great in many version. Dizzy players know what to expect.

Well that's why I used quotation marks in my post lol.  With all due respect there are probably more people asking for Dizzy back than will actually play her.  I'm confident that all the OG Dizzy players will put in work as they always do though.

Izuna's a bawse, dude. Whatchu talking about? lol

This.  Why the Izuna hate man.  He's a cool guy and has a pretty sweet style.  

1) it's almost like this method was chosen specifically so mid to top level players could choose, which is almost exclusively the Xrd arcade scene.

2)who

gives

a

fuck

I'm just curious why arcs doesn't ask for crowd funding for xx character... let the people pay if they want it that badly.

I'm just curious why arcs doesn't ask for crowd funding for xx character... let the people pay if they want it that badly.

Don't give them any ideas. Next thing you know we have to pay extra for every character. Paying for the game won't be enough.

In all seriousness isn't the issue more that it takes a long time to develop the characters? I suppose more money would mean they could hire more people but I'm not so sure about that.

Edited by SQNR

But it was a reign of terror tho... #freedom

But you guys had like years of experience as a weak Dizzy like more than 10 yrs. Unlike Ram, Dizzy in X2-AC+ still can do some crazy s*** and wasn't as helpless as you made her out to be.

Don't give them any ideas. Next thing you you know, we have to pay extra for every character. Paying for the game won't be enough.

In all seriousness isn't the issue more that it takes a long time to develop the characters? I suppose more money would mean they could hire more people but I'm not so sure about that.

resource could an issue and judging from the voting end date and the console reason probably looking at 5 to 6 month for each character. Wish they would steal people from team blue......

Will we all become kilff one day before our characters arrives.

But you guys had like years of experience as a weak Dizzy like more than 10 yrs. Unlike Ram, Dizzy in X2-AC+ still can do some crazy s*** and wasn't as helpless as you made her out to be.

Who was helpless? I'm a bit confused from the way you have worded your thought.

2)who

gives

a

fuck

Are you seriously asking that question about the campaign that is literally built on the players' interest?

Who was helpless? I'm a bit confused from the way you have worded your thought.

I'm saying that Dizzy veteran already found a way to make her a threat before her buffs in +R. Her situation wasn't as helpless as Ram here.

They probably don't want to deal with the reams and reams of legal red tape that come with properly running and collecting on an international crowdfunding campaign. In terms of raising capital to finance future development, using their arcade income is much simpler. That, and there's probably too much risk involved for them in crowdfunding; if they took consumers' money up front and made a few characters, god help them if they happen to be poorly balanced or not what the community wanted. The AFGC internet would implode.

Players in the arcades paid for their votes in the popularity poll, and I'm sure it gave an incentive to some people to put more money in the machines so in a sense they are crowdfunding. Personally I think an open poll that allows for the purchase of multiple votes is the absolute worst format they could have gone with both for players and for Arcsys as developers, but it's better than nothing I guess?

Honestly I don't care if no one votes for Justice, she's going to be the final boss anyway.

Kliff is dead, so yeah no logic for him coming back unless he's young again or a ghost.

And even if a "waifu" wins this as a fan backlash to Order-Sol getting lots of votes halfway, they could always hold ANOTHER election.

Kliff is dead, so yeah no logic for him coming back unless he's young again or a ghost.

Yeah, because it's not like the last game didn't just establish resurrection was possible in the Guilty Gear universe.

It'd be nice to have my old Accent Core main back in this early, but if Dizzy or someone else manages to take the win I won't be too upset. Everyone's coming back eventually, and I got my boi Johnny to fill in until then.