Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I'm saying that Dizzy veteran already found a way to make her a threat before her buffs in +R. Her situation wasn't as helpless as Ram here.

Oh, no doubt. When I mentioned bandwagon, I really meant the people who wanted her because they liked them underboobs and/or the ones who jumped on her only when she was buffed.

I have no beef with Dizzy vets and players that *will* truly want to learn how to play her/main her.

But there are always new armies that dissolve or suddenly appear quickly as soon as a character is nerfed/tweaked/buffed. Ramlethal (disappeared : nerfed -> turned to elphelt), Sin (disappeared: tweaked), Slayer (appeared: buffed), etc.

I'm just really making fun of the random bandwagons that come and go, not taking a shot at people who are legit players!

Yeah, because it's not like the last game didn't just establish resurrection was possible in the Guilty Gear universe.

It'd be nice to have my old Accent Core main back in this early, but if Dizzy or someone else manages to take the win I won't be too upset. Everyone's coming back eventually, and I got my boi Johnny to fill in until then.

To be fair, Zato/Eddie being resurrected was a "test" to eventually revive Justice herself (which in concept makes more sense in the plot, since everyone's been trying to control Justice from day one).

Reviving Kliff would just be redundant and probably silly.  And given what happened to Zato having his emotions wiped, I don't think I'd like a 'blank slate' Kliff.

And, let's not forget the chaos that was Mortal Kombat X... they killed off nearly every character in that story.

I take anything over the Bridget meme.

The only thing stopping him from getting widespread appeal is that he's "just Sol" which is a stupid complaint but it's there.  If you show someone a vid of him being played at high level they'll probably be sold on how hype he is.

Hope you understand that the physical appearance of a character is quite a big deal for a LOT of people. In that regard HoS is in fact "just Sol", which is kinda lame for some people. 

Are you seriously asking that question about the campaign that is literally built on the players' interest?

and HOS is winning it, but for some reason that's an issue because everyone might a not like a specific character.

Like, I want to sub the fuck out of Zappa or ABA, and have no plans to ever touch HOS. HOS mains might get their guy ever (this is probably his only chance TBH) instead guaranteed to make it in eventually super popular characters. If you wanna go based entirely off how many people are gonna play or like a character, then Venom would have never made it in and I don't think anyone's gonna go on about how it's good for the game if Baiken made it into sign and not Venom. If a lot people aren't gonna wanna play HOS because they think it's lame he's "just" another sol, that's fine. That's their prerogative, but there is no practical difference between that and people not wanting to play a character because they don't like their playstyle.

There is no actual issue here. A character is winning a money based popularity poll, and the players that pump the most money (remember almost every win or loss a player has is a player putting a dollar into the machine) into the game are voting for HOS. Working as intended.

I repeat:Who fucking cares that the waifus have more mass appeal

Edited by Pomparomp

I repeat:Who fucking cares that the waifus have more mass appeal

I would think ASW, since they have to try to sell the game to people outside of the Japanese arcade scene eventually. But, like you said, they are the ones who created this method of voting in the first place. And, I do agree. It's probably best not to leave HOS for DLC if it's going to happen and use "a waifu" for it.

Do we consider Baiken to be a waifu? That's a crazy-ass waifu, right there.

I would think ASW, since they have to try to sell the game to people outside of the Japanese arcade scene eventually.

Well they chose a format that does exactly the opposite. If they wanted to try to capture new markets or get people who were in the arcade but weren't GG players to play GG, they should have asked those demos what would excite them.

Polling people who are already users, and then giving even more weight to the opinions of frequent users just tells you what people who are already giving you their money want. If I'm already in the arcade a couple nights a week after work playing GG, and I'm planning on buying the console version when it comes out, you don't want my opinion; you're not going to get any more from me than I'm already spending on your products.

I would think ASW, since they have to try to sell the game to people outside of the Japanese arcade scene eventually. But, like you said, they are the ones who created this method of voting in the first place. And, I do agree. It's probably best not to leave HOS for DLC if it's going to happen and use "a waifu" for it.

Do we consider Baiken to be a waifu? That's a crazy-ass waifu, right there.

I think Baiken, while she's hot as hell, was way too baddass and manly to be a token waifu material. I mean her voice was basically like someone from Black Lagoon anime and you know that she's a crazy bitch like Revy, Balalaika or Roberta. Heck, even her death scream was manly as fuck.

So you are saying you are not manly enough for her to be your waifu?

Anyway i'm glad if baiken doesnt get in. I have always hated those counters.

Oh, no doubt. When I mentioned bandwagon, I really meant the people who wanted her because they liked them underboobs and/or the ones who jumped on her only when she was buffed.

I have no beef with Dizzy vets and players that *will* truly want to learn how to play her/main her.

But there are always new armies that dissolve or suddenly appear quickly as soon as a character is nerfed/tweaked/buffed. Ramlethal (disappeared : nerfed -> turned to elphelt), Sin (disappeared: tweaked), Slayer (appeared: buffed), etc.

I'm just really making fun of the random bandwagons that come and go, not taking a shot at people who are legit players!

This part about Sin is very confusing to me. Outside of being able to do elk beak elk beak midscreen he didn't get tweaked in any major way which would require you to do different things that you shouldn't already have been doing anyways and that tweak was alleviated by the new properties of his DP midcombo so I find it very silly if anyone actually really stopped playing him over this. They most definitely weren't any Sin of note in any case if they did that. All of the other tweaks were buffs too, he got to do more things, just some buttons lost a bit of damage here and there.

I never thought I'd see people discussing what makes a character waifu material here :wtf:

Also I was under the impression that to qualify as a waifu a character only needed to meet one requirement:be female.

Edited by Daidouji

Doesn't stop people from classifying Bridget a waifu over the years ironically or unironcially. 

Anyway about the mid results that doesn't really tell me anything outside of the places that are separate by a large enough cushion gap to be considered safeish. The gap percentage between Holy Order Sol and Dizzy for example is a mere 1.5%. Hell Holy Order Sol and Baiken gap is just around a 6.3% gap. You now have to consider that a considerable amount of people are gonna adapt to the revelation to this midway poll to influence the final result which is what matters. Someone latching on someone that has no chance might back someone else now for example.  

There is also the possibility that a vital portion of Holy Order Sol voters are gonna get more complacent/cocky thinking they are guaranteed to win and don't have to throw more money anymore because the other voters will carry the burden which can be fatally toxic in the last stretch of the race if that mentality spreads. Meanwhile it's logical to assume that this midway results would make Dizzy, Bridget, and Baiken voters much more hungry now seeing Holy Order Sol within reasonable kill range possibly go at it with much more intensity 

I speak of experience of seeing all kinds of Japanese official polls/votes with the mid-results public reveal into final reveal formula. It's never good if your character is first place in the midway public reveal result, but not having a commanding gap on 2nd and below. The fanbase backing the first character now feels pressured/worried. 

I'm not saying my analysis is a crystal ball prediction. Holy Order Sol could still very well win. I'm just saying he is not "safe" to the extent where his lead is cemented which should have been the goal for Holy Order Sol fans because that would have decreased the morale for the other characters and might have encouraged other voters via bandwagon effect to be on the clear winning team. 

Remember mid-way results don't mean jack in the end and they tend to be very different in the final result where it matters if the gaps are not significant. GL. I personally don't care since Ky is already in the game lol

^ shit made it sound like a goddamn presidential election. Fuck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

This part about Sin is very confusing to me. Outside of being able to do elk beak elk beak midscreen he didn't get tweaked in any major way which would require you to do different things that you shouldn't already have been doing anyways and that tweak was alleviated by the new properties of his DP midcombo so I find it very silly if anyone actually really stopped playing him over this. They most definitely weren't any Sin of note in any case if they did that. All of the other tweaks were buffs too, he got to do more things, just some buttons lost a bit of damage here and there.

Sin's overall damage output has been spread more equally across the board. But it also means his *very* easy combos aren't as damaging. By that, I mean the brainless and unoptimized whatever > 2D > elk hunt > beakdriver (1) > elk hunt > beak driver (2).

Scrubs realized they couldn't do as much easy damage off of random hits anymore.

If anything, I feel like he got buffed, but that's that. And there's also the fact that people have grown accustomed to Sin, meaning they now know how to block his fraudulent mixup game nowadays.

Unless you forgot, I main Sin too. I'm not trying to bash him, but I *did* get rather annoyed by the random Sin Army at first. Mirror matches aren't my most treasured pleasures.

Do we consider Baiken to be a waifu?

I don't ^^

She's super cool as a character and i want her fun combo stuff from +R back, if possible :)

I mean her voice was basically like someone from Black Lagoon anime

Oh yeah, and keep her voice similar.

Missing +R recently with all these hope inducing polls...

Edited by Antaiseito
The voice

Its more of a fact the gap between the top 4 is small and realistically any of them could win. However the bottom character have like zero chance and anyone who has viewed the mid poll result would likely focus on the top 4 character or dont care in general.

Last day results should be interesting and the arcade will probably be busy lol

lol at people praising Order Sol as the anti-Millia that Xrd desperately needs when Chipp, Slayer, Jam, and Baiken have been doing that since XX.

I agree with Pomparomp. This was probably the only time HOS players will ever have gotten the chance for their character to be added in the game, whereas everyone else was an inevitable shoe-in or a new character. I'd vote for him too because I want as many veterans in as possible.

I want to imagine they'll use that "prototype Sol" model to put HOS in this game

Actually I would like to see that.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I want to imagine they'll use that "prototype Sol" model to put HOS in this game

Actually I would like to see that.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Tips and tricks using tapatalk: When posting, don't wait for it to finish loading the message. Just go back, refresh, you'll see your post showing up.

It's an incredibly flawed app.

Edit: @FenrirHades It has to do with a bug where the app says "Connecting to server" eternally. Lots of people just press back and repost the thing, without knowing it was actually posted.

lol at people praising Order Sol as the anti-Millia that Xrd desperately needs when Chipp, Slayer, Jam, and Baiken have been doing that since XX.

I agree with Pomparomp. This was probably the only time HOS players will ever have gotten the chance for their character to be added in the game, whereas everyone else was an inevitable shoe-in or a new character. I'd vote for him too because I want as many veterans in as possible.

Thank you for the support! I've gone back to playing more AC+R 'til I get my proper fix of HOS before playing Xrd regularly again.

No other character connects so well with me, gameplay-wise, honestly. And I feel like it is the same for most who have mained him. I currently play Sin and Sol.

But shit, I don't care. Order Sol is Order Sol. I want them CC'd normals, that shit range, godlike runspeed, and borderline broken low heavy jump... Oh, I like me some 4th meter too.

Odds are some of her counters will change esp since they don't have frc anymore. But she will stay be a nice returning char. I was laughin when I seen kliff vote...llike wow no one wants him lol.

Side note: I plated acr a few weeks ago n seen no one on there ...made me sad lol

Sin's overall damage output has been spread more equally across the board. But it also means his *very* easy combos aren't as damaging. By that, I mean the brainless and unoptimized whatever > 2D > elk hunt > beakdriver (1) > elk hunt > beak driver (2).

Scrubs realized they couldn't do as much easy damage off of random hits anymore.

If anything, I feel like he got buffed, but that's that. And there's also the fact that people have grown accustomed to Sin, meaning they now know how to block his fraudulent mixup game nowadays.

Unless you forgot, I main Sin too. I'm not trying to bash him, but I *did* get rather annoyed by the random Sin Army at first. Mirror matches aren't my most treasured pleasures.

Oh, Sin most DEFINITELY got buffed. Also, his damage is outright better due to the hawk changes, in practically every situation except for when you hit a max range Elk that you can't Hawk off of. 6P jump cancel, new 5H(2) hitstun properties, jD bouncing on CH, Elk being active without proximity-based nonsense, 6H hitting all of the chars when they crouch. It's all good stuff. The buttons that do less damage all are only relevant in combos which do absurd damage overall so the nerf is mostly negated.

But yeah, outside of losing that easymode combo in exchange for a much better one, nothing changed.

As for his mixup, only stuff with jD qualifies as that. All of the other stuff is there to grind up the guard bar and make peeps nervous. Nobody should be hit by that, ever.

Edited by Dreiko

So i read that Order Sol won the poll, word?

If true, the tears and the salf from everyone who is mad because their husbando/waifu didn't win make it more glorious

yes_snoop_dogg.gif