Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

That said, I think Revelator will be good to him. He's not really hurt that much by the Low Blitz change while having both low and mid pokes at a decent range in 3P and f.S. Jack-O also looks like a good matchup for him as creeps and houses don't eat up hits so he can kill them all while poking. As for Jam she doesn't seem to have great approach options in Revelator so far and it seems that your pokes are either from out of Parry followup range (unless she can YRC it) or low, plus you can punish whiffed parries.

Parry has no recovery technically as she can cancel it on on raw activation into FD or other actions unless she cancels into it from a normal. So if they do 546 ~4FD she can't be hit except by lows.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27283128 

This video goes over it but basically a neutral parry can be cancelled into FD or alot of other stuff, but not one she cancels into. 

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snjd95 translation

She has 8f of parry and on the 9th can FD so you can only hit her during the parry window with a low. 8f will never get you punished on reaction.

Would like to see more Jack-O's getting overhead combo setups. I see most of them just going for bag pressure and trying to get stuff on the screen rather then getting setplay style hits. Jam I don't think is going to end up top but she definitely has the stuff to be at least Slayer levels of good given she has 50-60% meterless combos with her cards and she can RC 6HS, S puffball, and HS puffball into massive damage. Seems her combo's are finicky because 2HS not vacuuming on air hit and the parry P~K followup being super finicky. Teresa and Machabo are starting to show some promise.

Edited by ChaseRLewis

I don't they care much about not-Japan.

Regardless, waifu characters like Bridget and Dizzy are still more popular in Japan than anywhere else, I'm sure.

満月の夜にまた会おうか。

Parry has no recovery technically as she can cancel it on on raw activation into FD or other actions unless she cancels into it from a normal. So if they do 546 ~4FD she can't be hit except by lows.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27283128 

This video goes over it but basically a neutral parry can be cancelled into FD or alot of other stuff, but not one she cancels into. 

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snjd95 translation

She has 8f of parry and on the 9th can FD so you can only hit her during the parry window with a low. 8f will never get you punished on reaction.

Would like to see more Jack-O's getting overhead combo setups. I see most of them just going for bag pressure and trying to get stuff on the screen rather then getting setplay style hits. Jam I don't think is going to end up top but she definitely has the stuff to be at least Slayer levels of good given she has 50-60% meterless combos with her cards and she can RC 6HS, S puffball, and HS puffball into massive damage. Seems her combo's are finicky because 2HS not vacuuming on air hit and the parry P~K followup being super finicky. Teresa and Machabo are starting to show some promise.

Good info! I still suspect Axl will do well in the matchup thanks to his longer pokes being low, but that's nice to know

Good info! I still suspect Axl will do well in the matchup thanks to his longer pokes being low, but that's nice to know

Well, Axl usually did well against this type of character for the most part anyway. Axl did well against Jam before especially +R Axl when he can confirm in every angle he like. We knew this would be Axl's favor when Jam got nelf again in this game.

Ugh, reminds me of the Anji Axl matchup which has always been a nightmare of Anji, even much more so in AC/+R

Ugh, reminds me of the Anji Axl matchup which has always been a nightmare of Anji, even much more so in AC/+R

Well, Jam at least got the mobility to keep with the approach Axl and might catch him off guard in some cases. Anji was like a sitting duck against Axl. I would say 7-3 IIRC if Axl faces Anji but It could be worse in +R since Axl received TONS of buff.

I like that Ogawa is using the 'Ogawa' color scheme in Rev. Now he feels....complete.

Speaking of which, does anyone have a picture of the players guild/DLC colors for Zato?

I dunno guys. I got a hunch whomever gets elected is only the tip of the iceberg. Console Roster isn't released yet.

Sin, Elphelt, and Leo didn't show up until the game (Xrd Sign) came out on console, and Bedman and Ramlethal had LONNNNNG since been introduced for Arcades.

I dunno guys. I got a hunch whomever gets elected is only the tip of the iceberg. Console Roster isn't released yet.

Sin, Elphelt, and Leo didn't show up until the game (Xrd Sign) came out on console, and Bedman and Ramlethal had LONNNNNG since been introduced for Arcades.

You're right about that. Personally I'm worried that they'll focus on new characters over returning ones for the console version, just like they did with Sign. I would rather have a few old ones from the top 10 over say Raven and Tuner. Unfortunately the latter ones seem more likely.

I would like to see both new and old. I actually like that they are bringing both to the game now. Add different game play elements for new people and of course us veterans for classic chars. At this point now I'm just waiting anymore to see when they gonna add people. Regardless who it is I'm always hype :)

Zato has the green spandex & pale skin color now?

Yeah, he got in the DLC color pack that came out when Xrd hit consoles last winter. Which later hit arcades n stuff.

I have a feeling Kliff is gonna pull an upset. I can feel it deep in my gut.