Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Seriously, Daisuke said a couple of months ago in an interview that all of the characters from the past games are getting in, just not all at once.  Like Blade said, it isn't a matter of "who gets in, who's left out", but "who's coming next depending on story importance".  No one's being left out.

Zato getting revived had a purpose (reviving Justice).  Order-Sol showing up would have to have a pretty good explanation to say the least (even if it had something to do with Axl Low or I-No).

That doesn't mean that explanation won't happen or that Order-Sol will be the last in line to make a comeback in Xrd... it just means they'll have to take careful consideration when putting him in on how to go about doing it.

And since we're on the topic of characters we WISH would get in... I'm still mad about characters who didn't get to be on the ballot!

Judgement (GG Judgement)* <He died but that's no reason he couldn't be revived>
Leopaldon (GG Isuka)* <Still in Antarctica>
Gig (GG Dust Strikers)* <Died but she's a Gear so... no big deal>
Tyr (GG Xtra) <Wandering the world, former best buds with Kliff Undersn>
Mizuha (GG Xtra) <Japanese>
Geena (GG Xtra) <??? Can get revived>
Leon Mining (Night of Knives) <Mentioned in Xrd>
Iron Whirlwind Gottfried <Died in Night of Knives but so what?>
"That Man" (Has been in GG since forever)

*Starred are all former playable characters! No excuse not to make them a cameo at the least.

As much as I care about story, why would it matter WHY Order Sol came back? He's just a past version of Sol, and his story was just his days in the war. If they wanted to explain why he's back, it could be as simple as that again. Hell, if they wanted to save time, they could just not even give him the costume and say Sol just wanted to use his old fighting style again.

Why would it matter?  Let's put it this way: Daisuke likes to explain stuff in detail and give reasons behind anything.

They've been doing that since the first GG, no matter how ridiculous it sounded.

In fact that's a good mindset to have for a story writer.

There's just one thing I can't seem to remember, and I think that they already said it.

Is Dizzy (Poll winner) going to come out in Arcades this year? Or they're releasing her for consoles -Revelator- next one?

Why would it matter?  Let's put it this way: Daisuke likes to explain stuff in detail and give reasons behind anything.

They've been doing that since the first GG, no matter how ridiculous it sounded.

In fact that's a good mindset to have for a story writer.

Yeah, and the reason HOS was in earlier games was because, story wise, he wasn't. It was a flash back story. It wouldn't make much sense to have HOS actually pop up out of nowhere in the current timeline, which is why he didn't. 

Yeah, and the reason HOS was in earlier games was because, story wise, he wasn't. It was a flash back story. It wouldn't make much sense to have HOS actually pop up out of nowhere in the current timeline, which is why he didn't. 

Actually, that depends. He's present in both, as there's the flashback story, and then there's the part where I-No brought Order Sol into the present to fight the current Sol. So, he exists both in the past and in the present in the storyline because of her meddling.

Actually, it was Present Sol that she transported back into the past to fight against his past self.  After the battle, Sol was transported to the present timeline and wondered if he had returned to the right time period.  

It also depends on how Time travel actually works in GG because as That Man told Sol in one ending(where Sol presumably dies along with Order Sol), having his past destroyed shouldn't have any effect on his present. Meaning that phenomenon like the Butterfly Effect may exist in GG.  So, Order Sol likely still exists in another timeline.

There's just one thing I can't seem to remember, and I think that they already said it.

Is Dizzy (Poll winner) going to come out in Arcades this year? Or they're releasing her for consoles -Revelator- next one?

I wouldn't get my hopes up for this year since there's only like two months left.  Besides every time a character comes to console they get patched into the 1.1 version of the arcade anyway.  

I'd imagine that Dizzy would be added to arcades first because the poll was available only to people who play in arcades. They never stated either way but I still find that more likely. They probably started developing her when the poll ended and could be done as early as January or February. I can't see the console version coming out any earlier than May, though I would happy to be wrong.

Probably they had many characters already in different stages of development before the poll.

Unlikely. Dedicating resources to characters without knowing when they'll be added would probably be considered a waste of resources, so it's more probable that they just drafted basic plans for how to implement each of them into Xrd.

Unlikely. Dedicating resources to characters without knowing when they'll be added would probably be considered a waste of resources, so it's more probable that they just drafted basic plans for how to implement each of them into Xrd.

I think they know very well when are they going to introduce new characters, they must have a roadmap and the poll was just a nice thing to do for fans but ASW probably knew/predicted Dizzy was going to win and Baiken and Bridget having such a high positions can't be a surprise either.  My opinion anyway.

Edited by kosmos badgirl

I think they know very well when are they going to introduce new characters, they must have a roadmap and the poll was just a nice thing to do for fans but ASW probably knew/predicted Dizzy was going to win and Baiken and Bridget having such a high positions can't be a surprise either.  My opinion anyway.

They've practically said before that they never plan ahead of whatever they're working on at the time, so the idea that they have a solid plan for the cast is rather silly.

wait, you're gear project?

venom is a gay and black, blade

Roses aren't Red, Violets aren't Blue, Grass isn't Green, Trees aren't Brown, Dark Skin isn't Black.  Learn Color Theory (and Ethnicity while you're at it).

Also read Venom's story for crying out loud, stop wishing, hoping, planning, and dreaming.  Ambiguity is Ambiguity no matter what you wish it was.

What Solhunter said, basically. Sol fought his past self, I-No killed his past self to see what would happen and Sol shrugged it off.

Bedman later calls Sol "Unbreakable" because of that aspect of himself.

They've practically said before that they never plan ahead of whatever they're working on at the time, so the idea that they have a solid plan for the cast is rather silly.

Read the Interviews please.  Just because they "say" they don't plan ahead, doesn't mean they don't actually PLAN ahead.

They have to plan things out otherwise nothing gets done.

It's just one of those PR way of wording things companies like to do to keep things vague and have people guessing. Like how right now Capcom keeps saying they "should've" put Alex in SFV and making it sound like he's not in the game when a lot of evidence is pointing towards otherwise.

Reminder...The Imagine-Nation episode for GG Xrd - Rev starts not too long from now. It can be watched here!

Note, if you miss it, you can try viewing it 3 more times at specific hours here for their schedule!

The episode in its digest version will be archived later. (I'll watch and see if there's anything new for that episode or just usual stuff.)

Edited by NeoStrayCat

Roses aren't Red, Violets aren't Blue, Grass isn't Green, Trees aren't Brown, Dark Skin isn't Black.  Learn Color Theory (and Ethnicity while you're at it).

Also read Venom's story for crying out loud, stop wishing, hoping, planning, and dreaming.  Ambiguity is Ambiguity no matter what you wish it was.

1)ignoring how silly and nitpicky the color spiel is, okay, i'll bite - what is venoms ethnicity then

2)he's gay as hell, and runs an assassin's guild whose core philosophy, Dandyism, is named after a movement that was heavily tied to queer counter-culture but you can't accept that because they stop mere inches short of yelling HE IS A HOMOSEXUAL AND WANTS TO FUCK ZATO in your face and it's really funny

edit:you are hol horse

Unsurprisingly, that NHK show turned out to be just a report on GG's history and interviews with ASW staff. Then they had an exhibition where you could tell that the staff member was sandbagging in the 2nd round before resuming the decimation of the American reporter playing him in the 3rd.

^Yeah, I saw and there was nothing much than just the usual (PR and history) stuff, but at least some things of note on how they work within the game (character model wise and etc.), and yeah, that one matchup, exactly how that turned out.

Edited by NeoStrayCat