Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Man I thought that ridiculous debates on what ethnicity/sexual preference/gender/whatever the characters are died back at Gamefaqs and 4chan.  I guess I was too optimistic.

Unsurprisingly, that NHK show turned out to be just a report on GG's history and interviews with ASW staff. Then they had an exhibition where you could tell that the staff member was sandbagging in the 2nd round before resuming the decimation of the American reporter playing him in the 3rd.

Is the archive up yet?  I'm kind of interested in watching it.

Daisuke did mention trying to bridge the gap between arcades and consoles, mentioning EVO too.

Other than that is was more or less just a big advertisement, not that I'm complaining.

Since people almost never leave me alone about the Venom Topic, I'll just quote Frank Miller:

"He'd be a lot healthier if he was gay."

Still, until he "pops the question" (aka full-blown in-story confession, winquotes and alternate endings don't count) to Zato, I won't be convinced.

Venom 'comes' from England, but he's an Orphan, so we have no idea his ethnicity.

Say what you want at this point, I no longer care.

Is the archive up yet?  I'm kind of interested in watching it.

They will be up tomorrow, or you can still catch it on the livestream (http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/schedule/)

Of course it was intented for an audience which is not very familiar with Guilty Gear but it was still very interesting. Just a sneek-peak how the studio looks like (including what it seems to be the break room with the BlazBlue and Guilty Gear games/merch in the background) and how the models work was worth watching it and the interviews with Ishiwatari and the other lead designers were quite informative. They talked about how location tests works, why they choose this 3D-style, the music and other things. They also showed a scene with Ishiwatari on stage during the Guilty Gear X BlazBlue 2014 concert.

Little edit: Ofc they had to show "that" scene with Bedman against Leo and Johnny.

Heh, but the way how the narrator pronounced BlazBlue, it was like "BlaBlue", was odd and funnily the Alter Memory version of Rebellion was playing in the background in one scene.

if you want to discuss venom's sexuality, take it somewhere else more appropriate or else you're getting banned

Why Sign and not Revelator, though?

I have this gut feeling that this will happen:

Next 2 characters will be Dizzy and Baiken which will come to arcade first. Then for console exclusive characters, I would imagine Bridget and Raven. Just calling it. 

I have this gut feeling that this will happen:

Next 2 characters will be Dizzy and Baiken which will come to arcade first. Then for console exclusive characters, I would imagine Bridget and Raven. Just calling it. 

I'd actually really like this to happen, especially for all of the diversity it would add, and all the potential for Raven.

New chars are always fun to play w..tho as u know baiken would def be a nice return :). We shall see thiugh...raven n tuner would prolly be playable in my eyes due to actual char models...but who knows..its arcsys lol

So how's the new Blitz Shield Charge faring these days? I hardly see anyone using it in matches anymore.

On 10/27/2015, 9:38:51, Solhunter said:

Sadly, I missed the NHK program. Guess I'll just have to wait until it's archived unless someone on Youtube recorded it.

Pachi was holding back.  I could see the strain of embarrassment on his face.

3 hours ago, Jocelot said:

So how's the new Blitz Shield Charge faring these days? I hardly see anyone using it in matches anymore.

I've seen it a lot more on A-Cho's Youtube channel.  Though maybe that's just me.

Does anyone have a link to the stream happening tonight? Apparently it's predominantly BlazBlue but were going to get Revelator news during it.

You mean the "Problem" of the gap between JP and U.S. releases?

They say it's a "problem" but they're not exactly doing everything they can to solve it, especially if you're from Europe (not to sound cynical or anything).

I suppose it can be argued that because "Sign" and "Revelator" don't have much in the way of major changes that there isn't much 'new' to learn besides new characters, so the time it takes for people to pick Revelator up wouldn't be so bad, but even so there is a gap of time.  Not only that but it doesn't account for the new changes made to BlazBlue: Central Fiction (which DOES have changes).

The problem of exporting Imports will always primarily be Localization/Language Barriers/Comprehension.  It's been that way since the 8-bit Nintendo days.  Exporting costs money, and ideally they want something that's worth it in returns which is why some games never make it overseas. Guilty Gear is just one of the lucky titles that did and is profitable enough to make it over here.

That isn't the only problem either.  Licencing, Copyrights, Patents, etc are a lot more stricter over here too.  In fact some games are banned in some countries even if they are fighting or action games.

From ARC System Works' perspective, they have to do what they can on their end to make the game profitable enough to pay for itself overseas, which means console content (because let's be honest Arcades are mostly dead and gone in America).  At the same time they need MONEY to produce that profitability which means relying heavily on Arcade Sales in Japan.

Taking all this in to account it's no small wonder why it takes so long for games to get over here, especially Arcade-based games that rely on Arcade sales.

If ARC System Works was anything like Square-Enix it might be another story, but even then it still takes time to localize and make a game International-worthy.