Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

On 11/12/2015, 9:13:34, Destin said:

All moves do damage on the first frame. You can put a yrc at any point in a move and still have it come out and do damage.  They choose not to with normals as that would look silly, the ice spoke would be a rather easy and very fair usage of yrc.  That and bubble should have no problems being fully yrc able

With the revision that you meant active frames, they actually do allow you to YRC normals once they're active - the YRC window for Sol's seems to be startup + 6 frames, which I imagine is the general rule among the cast.

Xrd Revelator 1.03 LoKeTest announced. Test is tomorrow.

Changelog is found here:

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/images/new/info/151116/gg-rev151116.pdf

Main changes consist the system, some minor tweaks and fixes to Ramlethal, Elphelt, Jack-O', Johnny, and Jam, etc. I am currently at work, so I cannot translate it now.

I'm hearing they undid a certain crippling change to Ram from Sign 1.1. Can't read the pdf right now due to immense traffic to ASW's site, but that's what I'm hearing.

Edit: Okay, what I heard was incorrect. It was about her taunt.

Johnny's unblockables have been nerfed to hell. Makes sense, I suppose.

EDIT: To elaborate, here are the Bacchus Sigh changes:
 - The mist goes away if Johnny is hit.
 - Unblockable Mist Finer attacks have forced proration added to them.

courtesy of Fahadouken

1.03 Revelator EN patch notes:
Arcade specific changes:

Same card can be used for LokeTest.

Battle records during LokeTest will also be combined with current records.

When using card, even if "Use same settings as before" option is selected, game mode can be changed.

Changed appearance of receiving badges.

M.O.M. Mode: Changed visuals when challenger joins during character select screen. Skipping acquired medal screen animation has been made smoother. Skill and accessory trait description position has been corrected.

Fixed a bug where it sometimes didn:t count weekly quest of playing 2 days in a row and monthly quest of playing 7 total days a month even when conditions were met.

Fixed a bug where "Let's play *** mode" quest would not count if interrupted by a challenger.

Game mechanic adjustments:

Blitz charge attack has been made to counter until the very end.

Burst OD version has become less prone to damage scaling. 

Fixed a bug where game hanged when certain input was made after landing from homing jump.

Character specific changes:

Bug fixes:

Ramlethal:

Removed ability to do some taunts while sword is equipped.

Elphelt:

Fixed a bug where grenade didn't explode if it clashed with a projectile at the same time it landed on the ground.

New character balance changes:

Jack-O:

When Jack-o places 2 ghosts in the same spot, newer one heads forward instead of towards Jack-o.

P servant hitbox slightly enlarged towards the front.
Johnny:
Changes to air grab: Removed ground bounce.

Changed throwing direction from towards the bottom to horizontal. Increased time for OTG.

Fixed a bug where it wasn't possible to cancel Mist Finer to other moves when clashes.

Bacchus Sigh (mist) disappears if Johnny gets hit, added damage scaling if unblockable hits.

Jam:

Hitbox at feet during jump startup has been made smaller.

Hitbox during standing guard made slightly smaller towards the front.

Hitbox at feet during air dash has been made slightly smaller.

Crouch S hitbox slightly enlarged towards the front.

Added gatling from 6p to 2p, from 6k to 2p and to 2k.

Jump D> Slightly changed level 1 motion, where hitbox slightly made smaller at top but wider at bottom.
Added wallbounce for level 2 CH.

Increased speed for ryujin horizontal movement (excluding variations).

All ryujin hitbox slightly enlarged.

Slightly increased juggle from max enhanced ryujin hit.

Faster startup for Hyappo Shinshou.
Faster startup and horizontal movement for Senri Shinshou. 

Axe:
Hitstun slightly decreased when interrupted during move.
Hurtbox during startup slightly enlarged from front, and became easier to get hit.
4-6 command's forward part input buffer extended and made easier.
Added routes to baku, saishinshou when interrupted.

Bakushuu horizontal speed increased.

YoueiKyaku Startup made faster, staggers longer, hitbox slightly enlarged towards the top. Added damage scaling in case of it being starter hit. RISC level decreases slightly more from hit.

Bakushuu / Sairinshou follow up damage scaling less likely.

2 hours ago, Putin said:

I lost a bunch due to using the wrong taunt with Ram, thanks Arcsys that should help

:TA: No prob

But seriously, where are all the Jam mains? They should be raising the roof for all those buffs.

15 minutes ago, SolxBaiken said:

But seriously, where are all the Jam mains? They should be raising the roof for all those buffs.

Well the buffs aren't in the game just yet, they have to make it though loketest first :P

Although based on what I've seen about Jam, hopefully these changes mean she gets a bit less lacklustre.

I can see how they'd want to "adjust" Jack-O's ghost house placement.  If all the houses were in one spot of the stage it'd be confusing on which ones to pick up and store or throw.

I hope that won't be a future problem in the corner if say you wanted to put them all in the corner and one of the houses gets "pushed" off stage or something weird.

Also I hope they didn't completely get rid of Ram's "talk" with Lucifero (Venus/Belpha), that was part of the Valentine charm in GG2 Overture as it was part of the original Valentine's idle animation.

8 hours ago, Mumm-Ra said:

What's wrong with "dragon kick" and "puffball"? what's this chinese class?

Japanese players don't call them that. :/

Ryujin > Dragon Kick
Hyappo > Puffball
Senri > Crossup Puffball
Gekirin > Axe Kick

11 minutes ago, king of heart said:

Club Sega at the west exit of Shinjuku station.

Thanks. Surprised there's not much information yet especially from Jam peeps. She's getting significant buffs.

I just saw the new Dust effect on Revelator... was this really necessary? As a Ky player i already almost never hit his dust, now it'll definitely NEVER hit with this DBZ energy sphere thing. Wasn't the red flash already enough?

49 minutes ago, Clamper said:

I just saw the new Dust effect on Revelator... was this really necessary? As a Ky player i already almost never hit his dust, now it'll definitely NEVER hit with this DBZ energy sphere thing. Wasn't the red flash already enough?

Hide your dust with YRC CSE or something.  Or use a better overhead.  Whichever suits the situation.

lets be real, for what xrd ky's dust is worth it does plenty work for a meaty projectile overhead that you can easily get +5 and above off of not to mention safe against many reversals

2 hours ago, Clamper said:

As someone who is dominantly red/green colorblind, I'm actually really happy they changed it because it was kind of hard to see for me sometimes. Granted you learn dust animations eventually but having a quick visual cue you don't have to think about is nice.