Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Hey guys, i don't know if this has happened before but i found this yesterday. I clashed beta blade with ride the lightning and did YRC after the clash to stop myself getting hit. Normally Beta blade is not YRCable but here the YRC occurs as well as the red X to signify you cant do it. Any ideas what happened?

https://youtu.be/ePGmWTBKLE8

24 minutes ago, HunterSteven said:

Hey guys, i don't know if this has happened before but i found this yesterday. I clashed beta blade with ride the lightning and did YRC after the clash to stop myself getting hit. Normally Beta blade is not YRCable but here the YRC occurs as well as the red X to signify you cant do it. Any ideas what happened?

Most likely you were mashing RC, beta blade clashed with a hit of Ride the Lightning, it caused you to cancel the clash into a normal then the normal got canceled into yrc with fortunate timing to allow you to block the next hits. Can recreate it with Sol's DP in the same situation.

3 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

Hide your dust with YRC CSE or something.  Or use a better overhead.  Whichever suits the situation.

That's what i do now but i suspect it wont be effective with this sphere thing.

2 hours ago, xlolxlolx said:

lets be real, for what xrd ky's dust is worth it does plenty work for a meaty projectile overhead that you can easily get +5 and above off of not to mention safe against many reversals

I'd rather have a 24f-ish unsafe overhead, honestly. He already got much better okis safe against reversals like 6H and Stun Edge HS. I'm not saying the dust is terrible, the range is a very good thing about it, but it just saddens me that every little change they do on Revelator ends up being bad for Ky like Blitz charge and now this. 

1 hour ago, xXavierx said:

As someone who is dominantly red/green colorblind, I'm actually really happy they changed it because it was kind of hard to see for me sometimes. Granted you learn dust animations eventually but having a quick visual cue you don't have to think about is nice. 

Well thats understandable but for all other people who doesn't have this problem i think it's too much of a cue. 

3 hours ago, HunterSteven said:

If you wasn't aware you can also cancel clashes into FD blocking, which is generally safer as FD block doesn't have any startup and cost less meter.

I believe clashes can be cancelled into fd or a move, and yrc might count as the second.

Weird cancel stuff I've seen; not only a danger time cancel into IK, but as danger time counts as a dust for cancels apparently if Leo is in stance he'll cancel into non stance normals instead in DT combos

Mortal Counters are pseudo-RCs, they allow you to cancel into anything. You can do silly things like Mortal Counter flashkick first hit into flashkick, or Volcanic Viper first hit into Fafnir. The reason Leo does non-stance normals off of Mortal Counter stance attacks is because you're pressing the button before he's allowed to gatling, so he performs the Mortal Counter cancel instead.

1 hour ago, rayplay said:

I'm glad they're making these releases so close to each other instead of having us wait months. 

Yeah, how far close exactly remains to be seen, and we're close to 1 year of the vanilla XRD release, so its something. (Wish they can do the same for the BB series though, but that's different.)

Less damage scaling on Burst Overdrives should make them a bit more appealing to bust out in the long run. Pretty cool change imo.

29 minutes ago, rayplay said:

Are the new characters frame data not listed yet?

1.1 is the latest -Sign- / console patch, not revelator, so everything up to Elphelt/Leo/Sin, but no Johnny/Jack-O/Jam

15 hours ago, MLSTRM said:

So we got confirmation that the US console release of revelator will also be spring. Closing the gap with japan this time around it seems!

http://www.aksysgames.com/2015/11/18/annoucing-the-new-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator/

http://guiltygear.us/ggxrdr/

The gap between the Japanese and North American console versions of Sign was less than 2 weeks, so there isn't much of a gap to close. You wont hear me complain if the gap gets even smaller though.

I think he's referring to the gap between arcade release and console release.

Xrd arcade came feburary 2014, console in december, so almost a year. Revelator arcade to console is way tighter.

I had admittedly forgotten that Sign was only 2 weeks, I'm in EU so I always end up remembering our releases than the NA release dates (I buy NA games now so it's not so bad), but it does seem like the whole cycle between arcade release and console release is less this time around? Revelator was august for arcade iirc so it's going to be between like 7-10 months?

Also how far along into Sign did the new characters get to arcade? Seeing as we're only 4 months into Revelator with one character added and another one at least confirmed on the way I'm pretty sure that's more content than Sign got on console release comparatively.

My mistake. I'm a European as well, so I'm well aware how we tend to get shafted. It's been long since I gave up and just started importing everything. It sure is nice that the gap between arcades and consoles is shrinking. Hopefully this is a trend that will continue, but in this case it might have to do with Arcsys having less things to work on when it comes to the console version for Revelator compared to Sign.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Dull said:

Considering there's nothing else to port...This is still pretty exciting news for PC users.

I'm still waiting for Overture. :roboky:

On 11/17/2015, 11:59:38, Clamper said:

I'd rather have a 24f-ish unsafe overhead, honestly. He already got much better okis safe against reversals like 6H and Stun Edge HS. I'm not saying the dust is terrible, the range is a very good thing about it, but it just saddens me that every little change they do on Revelator ends up being bad for Ky like Blitz charge and now this. 

youve picked the wrong character then, ky's dust has always been a flaming pile of garbage