Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Are you guys sure it's Guilty? I know Chrono Phantasma Extend for PC was recently announced as a 2016 release. 

1 hour ago, xlolxlolx said:

youve picked the wrong character then, ky's dust has always been a flaming pile of garbage

I know but it seems it only gets worse. 

2 hours ago, ChexGuy said:

Nice to see, even if it's only sign. It would be amazing if Arc System Works decided to bring Revelator to PC close to the console release date. Unfortunately that doesn't seem very likely. I guess PC will be one version behind forever.

23 minutes ago, Clamper said:

Are you guys sure it's Guilty? I know Chrono Phantasma Extend for PC was recently announced as a 2016 release. 

I know but it seems it only gets worse. 

it used to literally say Guilty Gear Xrd Sign on the page

I'm just trying to get that XX announcer mod...

Also music mods for Fatal Duel/No Mercy/Isuka/Korean #R etc

I think the most interesting part would be someone getting to the hit box data. My twitter feed can be full of Elphelt again.

I want to lay eyes upon the true face of Fafnir and Shotgun S.

10 hours ago, Leonard-Helsing said:

*Need to buy an actual halfway decent PC intensifies*

Everyone's always talking about PC version this or that... just give me a good console port and I'll be happy.

I'm too lazy to shop around for a high end PC machine... and even if I had the cash to spend, I wouldn't know where to start, unless you guys wrote a thread on the ideal PC setup for fighting games?

I like to keep things SIMPLE and ON CONSOLE, thanks.

As for PC character mods, bleh... SFIV's were awful imho, what makes anyone think GGXrd mods would be any better?  Soul Calibur V save mods were only decent because that game already has a character creation feature.  I'm expecting no such thing for Revelator.

To be honest, I'd like to know what ARC has planned for console extras, like if they'll add features to M.O.M. mode or something.

1 hour ago, Blade said:

As for PC character mods, bleh... SFIV's were awful imho, what makes anyone think GGXrd mods would be any better? 

"this other game with a completely different aesthetic had bad character mods so Xrd is probably going to be just as bad"

what are you trying to compare here

2 hours ago, Blade said:

Everyone's always talking about PC version this or that... just give me a good console port and I'll be happy.

are you implying that the console port isn't good, what's wrong with it

Shame the PC is behind the curve.

Honestly, if Revelator were coming out on PC soon, I'd rather buy a PC than a PS4. Similar price when you factor in a new stick for the ps4.

4 hours ago, ChexGuy said:

"this other game with a completely different aesthetic had bad character mods so Xrd is probably going to be just as bad"

what are you trying to compare here

Considering the rather non-standard method of animating, how would one go about modding the character models anyway? I imagine it'd be two hassles and a half even if it was possible in the first place.

so according to ain j.ppps>5k>c.s>5hs>rekka 2 hit>rc>dust homing dash>5p>5p>5hs>stance 5kpks>stance super

normal stance super 5%, burst stance super 30%

burst supers now have a min damage of around 30% max hp.....hi elphelt

18 hours ago, Leonard-Helsing said:

Considering the rather non-standard method of animating, how would one go about modding the character models anyway? I imagine it'd be two hassles and a half even if it was possible in the first place.

Well if all you're doing is swapping textures then that hardly seems like an issue for your standard character models.  It's everything else I'm concerned about.

Came here to complain how pissed I am Dizzy won the poll over Bridget. I don't know why she was even part of the damn poll when she already had a model in-game during the Story Mode! Instead of Jam and Jack-O, Dizzy should have been made first along with Johnny. Ugh! Life as a Bridget loyalist is so unfair!

1 minute ago, JyakotuKurayami said:

Came here to complain how pissed I am Dizzy won the poll over Bridget. I don't know why she was even part of the damn poll when she already had a model in-game during the Story Mode! Instead of Jam and Jack-O, Dizzy should have been made first along with Johnny. Ugh! Life as a Bridget loyalist is so unfair!

Your tears are delicious!

2 hours ago, JyakotuKurayami said:

Dude, chill out.

Just now, JyakotuKurayami said:

The saltyness is strong within this one.

2 hours ago, JyakotuKurayami said:

Came here to complain how pissed I am Dizzy won the poll over Bridget.

This isn't the topic for complaints, this is for news and gameplay, and since this isn't either, your point is moot.

Either way, seems Xrd Rev's English release pre-orders are up, Amazon only as usual at least (with placeholder date, not final), and then the other outlets later, but surprisingly though, they're pricing it as the last game, so yeah, no $40/50 (as usual for updated ports of the same game.), yet again $50(PS3)/$60(PS4). Nothing on an LE yet, of if like CP: Extend, they might not do one (but PAL regions got one), but we'll see soon enough.

3 hours ago, JyakotuKurayami said:

ASW is on the record saying story mode model does not make any work less for in game model. They did Johnny from scratch.

The story models look. I thing like the in game model. Imo. So they prolly have to work from ground up..tho imo (again) they were prolly working on some of these chars

7 hours ago, JyakotuKurayami said:

Well if we're going to be digging up old shit then I guess I have an excuse to quote my old post

"Dizzy will definitely be in Xrd guys, she's the most popular character!"

"Dizzy will definitely be in the console version of Xrd, they added Sin so why not?"

"Dizzy will definitely be a DLC character in Xrd, she's too popular!"

"Dizzy will definitely come after Johnny and whoever the shadow is!"

People need to stop saying this shit.  There's no guarantee that any character is ever "a lock" or any of this nonsense.  That's the kind of mentality that gets people threatening to boycott games whenever their main doesn't make it.  There are no foregone conclusions with fighting game rosters.

And Daiandoh's

You're kidding right? Do you know how long it takes them to make a character? (6 months) If she comes out first the other characters will come quicker regardless. They're not going to reduce the character count in a port because of the poll. They clearly have a schedule in place on how many characters they can put into each version.