Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Hey guys. Any tips for mashing out of stagger? I play against a Elphelt a lot (only MU i play actually lol) and he always do gray combos after her overhead on me. I don't know how to mash properly out of it, sometimes when i mash too much i even get counter hit. 

1 hour ago, Clamper said:

Hey guys. Any tips for mashing out of stagger? I play against a Elphelt a lot (only MU i play actually lol) and he always do gray combos after her overhead on me. I don't know how to mash properly out of it, sometimes when i mash too much i even get counter hit. 

Hold back or down back + a button of your choice, and then mash on the remaining buttons so that when you mash out, any extra buttons you hit will combine with the one you were holding and come out as faultless defense. Just don't mash on dust or you'll get a burst. As for mashing out faster, you can piano the buttons if you're playing on an arcade stick.

48 minutes ago, 9:02 PM said:

Hold back or down back + a button of your choice, and then mash on the remaining buttons so that when you mash out, any extra buttons you hit will combine with the one you were holding and come out as faultless defense. Just don't mash on dust or you'll get a burst. As for mashing out faster, you can piano the buttons if you're playing on an arcade stick.

You can piano on a pad depending on both what pad you're playing and what buttons you do.  I don't know about your standard DS3/4 but on the FC4 it's relatively easy to piano the main attack buttons.

On 11/20/2015, 7:59:43, ChexGuy said:

"this other game with a completely different aesthetic had bad character mods so Xrd is probably going to be just as bad"

what are you trying to compare here

I was comparing players' lack of talent for model modding but *shrug* You do have a point there.

2 hours ago, 9:02 PM said:

I'm a pad user and this will be useful against I-No, Bedman Sheepies* (Hemi Jack), Axl, Slayer, and Ramlethal too.  Thanks.

*Grid Runner ref. anyone? Anyone?

1 hour ago, Blade said:

I was comparing players' lack of talent for model modding but *shrug* You do have a point there.

I'm a pad user and this will be useful against I-No, Bedman Sheepies* (Hemi Jack)-

*Grid Runner ref. anyone? Anyone?

Wait you know people who still use Hemi Jack?

On 11/22/2015, 12:15:30, JyakotuKurayami said:

Came here to complain how pissed I am Dizzy won the poll over Bridget. I don't know why she was even part of the damn poll when she already had a model in-game during the Story Mode! Instead of Jam and Jack-O, Dizzy should have been made first along with Johnny. Ugh! Life as a Bridget loyalist is so unfair!

Mods Please Ban Waifus

the 4gamer wiki has been updated for xrd -sign- 1.1! i would appreciate some help updating the frame data on the dustloop wiki as i'll be busy for the next few weeks with work related items (and adding stuff to the wiki for revelator and cf)

http://wiki.4gamer.net/ggxrd/%E3%83%95%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0%E3%83%87%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF

10 hours ago, Mefistopheles said:

Hemi jack setups are legit in the corner. You'll get them after 5D or Task A yrc confirms, if a task c seals lies around.

Meh. Hemijack setups are fun but I dunno....I always find myself using that meter for something else. Imo. 

Forgot that online communities are kind of ass-holeish online. But then again, that's everywhere it seems. I barely post here as it is so all those butthurt posters who quoted, chill the fuck out m'kay? Thanks. XD

1 hour ago, JyakotuKurayami said:

Forgot that online communities are kind of ass-holeish online. But then again, that's everywhere it seems. I barely post here as it is so all those butthurt posters who quoted, chill the fuck out m'kay? Thanks. XD

That's exactly what one should be saying after acting like an asshole towards all Dizzy, Jack-O and Jam fans.

1 hour ago, JyakotuKurayami said:

You're hardly one to talk about being butthurt after you threw a childish fit over Bridget not being in the game, lol.  You can't even be happy that he got second place and is almost certainly going to be given priority when they start bringing back vets again, you're like a spoiled child who wants their shit right now.  I'm ashamed to be a part of the same community as you.

44 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

You're hardly one to talk about being butthurt after you threw a childish fit over Bridget not being in the game, lol.  You can't even be happy that he got second place and is almost certainly going to be given priority when they start bringing back vets again, you're like a spoiled child who wants their shit right now.  I'm ashamed to be a part of the same community as you.

d7a8ed399aa65350298387116b4c9842.jpg

On 11/22/2015, 7:45:22, Moogster said:

Is the new patch today (Monday JP) or tomorrow (Tuesday JP)?

Sorry, I've been out of the loop(and can't find anything on google), there's a new patch coming? Like a full blown balance patch? Or just minor tweaks here and there?

EDIT: Unless this is the patch you were referring to:

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2015/11/16/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-ver103-announced.html

On 11/23/2015, 5:38:52, Jocelot said:

Wait you know people who still use Hemi Jack?

Yes. ME! (Also I defy logic when I play).  Anyone who's fought me online and got hit with the sheep knows that I use it.  And quite well apparently.

On 11/24/2015, 1:11:12, Poultrygeist said:

If there's some cool Hemijack tech going around that I've been blissfully unaware of pls share.  I need to know.

It's called Gold Burst > Sheep > YRC > Task A Prime / TK Task A Prime > Pressure

It sounds stupid but it works (online, but hey...)

38 minutes ago, Blade said:

Yes. ME! (Also I defy logic when I play).  Anyone who's fought me online and got hit with the sheep knows that I use it.  And quite well apparently.

It's called Gold Burst > Sheep > YRC > Task A Prime / TK Task A Prime > Pressure

It sounds stupid but it works (online, but hey...)

Think he means set ups like this Blade:

https://youtu.be/RikXzWbJgEo

edit-guess I embed it wrong but whatevs. That's the first example that entered my mind.