Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

7 hours ago, TAI-X said:

Calling it now, they've turned porting duties over to DotEmu again. :DS:

your call is entirely wrong and also kind of stupid but ok

16 hours ago, TAI-X said:

Calling it now, they've turned porting duties over to DotEmu again. :DS:

The cynicism is understandable, but it's Unreal Engine 3. That engine was advertised having a dropdown menu to pick the target platform. Shot in the dark guess that the porting work was mainly testing various controllers (granted, UE3 natively supports XInput) and system configurations, since the only other complication would be graphics API (PS3/PS4 uses OpenGL ES (IIRC), while Windows can use it, it's more likely they would use DirectX), and UE3 abstracts that and shader code enough for that to be a small issue at worst (if they dug into the autogenerated platform-specific shader code to further optimize it, for example, which I'm not even sure is an option).

Don't buy it on Steam yet, discount isn't applied and the DLC isn't there yet.

Edit: Spoke too soon, go get it now. Elphelt DLC looks to be still missing but give it time.

Edit 2: Elphelt DLC fixed, you will need to restart Steam to see it if you don't already.

7 hours ago, zhaoyun99 said:

Damn, Arc didn't play around with this port. Run super fine with my PC. Kinda wish they fix the PS Icon controller though. Why didn't they just use the PS icon?

Because xbox buttons are the PC standard and those of us using PS controllers are fucking power user ass weirdos?

13 minutes ago, Zouf said:

What about the version of the game? Is it 1.1?

What about the netcode?

I dunno about the version, but, i've heard the netcode is iffy. More distressing, however, is that i've heard the online is region locked.

it's 1.1

netcode is most likely the same as consoles, though playing someone with a consistent 3-4f delay felt better than it did on PS3

51 minutes ago, ChexGuy said:

it's 1.1

netcode is most likely the same as consoles, though playing someone with a consistent 3-4f delay felt better than it did on PS3

I find the game plays a bit smoother on PS4 than PS3 and definitely feels better online on PS4. I bought the game on both platforms and was able to test them side-by-side.  

4 minutes ago, Pomparomp said:

Region locking is dumb, but why are people even trying to play other continents? 

because their pals live in other continents.

Even ignoring GGPO which does let you play very reasonable cross-continental games, I played GGXrd on the PS3 with someone who lived in Illinois all the way from Scotland and got 4-6f. You wouldn't exactly want tournament play at that amount of delay but for casuals it's fine.

There's no reason for the region locking really. 

Oh, that's a lot more playable I expected. Cut my teeth on FGs playing skullgirls from west coast with a Romanian, and had to set GGPO to 5 frame input delay, for reference.

8 hours ago, nilcam said:

I bought the game on both platforms and was able to test them side-by-side.  

So did I and I disagree. The Steam version feels at least as on point, if not better than the PSX ones. You confuse the impact of the memory leak with the actual performance of the game.

Region lock would prevent spectating, like for Efute and Ruu's Round Robin lobbies. Though I guess there's no reason for them to stop using PS3/4.

From what I've gathered from posts on Steam, lobby invites bypass region lock, so it's more that you can't search for players outside your region, but you can still play with them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is just some default Steamworks setting that ArcSys overlooked.

15 minutes ago, ivanchu77 said:

What the hell is this region lock talk, is the online region locked or something?

Apparently searching for ranked or player matches only finds matches/lobbies in your region (most likely Steam download region), but with lobby invites you can play anybody.

3 hours ago, nyyyyy said:

So did I and I disagree. The Steam version feels at least as on point, if not better than the PSX ones. You confuse the impact of the memory leak with the actual performance of the game.

he uh

didn't say anything about the Steam version

4 hours ago, nyyyyy said:

I should have been clearer, I meant the game feels better on PS4 than PS3. I have not played the Steam version.

Now that the PC Steam version of Xrd is out, I'm "somewhat" looking forward to seeing what the Hackers do to the game (you know who I'm talking about, right guys, same ones who did those "Perfect" scene battles from a Hacked Calamity Trigger video?)

8 hours ago, ChexGuy said:

he uh

didn't say anything about the Steam version

7 hours ago, nilcam said:

I should have been clearer, I meant the game feels better on PS4 than PS3. I have not played the Steam version.

My bad, I was under the impression the conversation was comparing all the versions.

On a different note: PC Gamer published a gallery full of 5K, partially even 8K shot

http://www.pcgamer.com/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-5k-gallery/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

3LB6kbUITeS8.thumb.png.4f980ca1ee1e5d2f3-3vs-_AdRVOh.thumb.png.80e7cbd8da038fbb0MBbt2I5kTV2r.thumb.png.3a397f921f92c253a