Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

how long until we get blank stages with no characters? I'd use one as a wallpaper.

15 hours ago, Blade said:

you know who I'm talking about, right guys, same ones who did those "Perfect" scene battles from a Hacked Calamity Trigger video?

I don't and I'm curious, and searching YouTube doesn't help, though I may have found it and not realized.

40 minutes ago, Shadowfury333 said:

I don't and I'm curious, and searching YouTube doesn't help, though I may have found it and not realized.

This guy. 

Goes by "VIGSCPA" on NicoNico and other blogs (Probably a Japanese Hacker/Hex Editor).

Not sure if he's responsible for this video

If anyone can hack GGXrd on Steam, it would be him.

Yeah, Blade, if we can hope to have "X2" series Story Mode character intro's with them fighting around in a sense, it could be possible, but we'll see.

The stages seem to be stored in packages named Arena_AUDIO, Arena_BG, Arena_MOB, Arena_PL, etc.

Other stage names: Babylone, Bedman, Dragon, Gate (probably Sin), Gate2 (probably Leo), Illyria (with several AUDIO packages), Japan, Last, Mansion (Slayer), Newyork, Opera, Ruin (probably Elphelt), Ship, Train2, Witch, Zepp

Dunno which ones are Downtown and Colony, "Witch" might be part of Axl's stage. There's also one called TestMap and one for Lobby.

So far, no one can open the .upk files

On 12/12/2015, 1:51:20, daymendou said:

The stages seem to be stored in packages named Arena_AUDIO, Arena_BG, Arena_MOB, Arena_PL, etc.

Other stage names: Babylone, Bedman, Dragon, Gate (probably Sin), Gate2 (probably Leo), Illyria (with several AUDIO packages), Japan, Last, Mansion (Slayer), Newyork, Opera, Ruin (probably Elphelt), Ship, Train2, Witch, Zepp

Dunno which ones are Downtown and Colony, "Witch" might be part of Axl's stage. There's also one called TestMap and one for Lobby.

So far, no one can open the .upk files

The .upk files are extremely easy to decrypt, decompress and open, but impossible to repack at the moment. The only way for any semblance of mods at the moment is injecting textures into the game at runtime using uMod/texmod.

Currently investigating some MKX PC modding resources to see if any of their findings are applicable to Xrd. *fingers crossed*

5 hours ago, Martikol said:

What in god's name was that?

Something hella anime Tekken they've added into the game where you get that 360 spin when both opponents have no health and  take a swing at each other at the same time. I always forget that's in the game's system... I thought we'd see it more lol

*sigh* Amazon.com has the Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator release date as May 31, 2016; i.e. less than two months before Evo. *sigh* 

amazon also had SIGN listed as a December 31st release up until its actual release date was announced.

just sayin'

4 minutes ago, ChexGuy said:

amazon also had SIGN listed as a December 31st release up until its actual release date was announced.

just sayin'

play-asia.com has Q2 2016 (i.e. some time after March) listed for both the Japanese and North American versions which makes me think that Amazon is at least in the ball park even if May 31st isn't the exact date.  This is kind of disappointing because and here I'm paraphrasing something I posted on SRK:  If SFV releases with netcode and matchmaking similar in scope and quality to what was experienced during the third beta test period then Arc Systems Works should send Capcom a 'Thank You' check for putting Xrd over.  It really does seem like they're just that scared of going anything resembling head-to-head with SFV release wise.

Well, at least in regards of the original characters in Sign it's the same version and we won't have to relearn our characters. Just the new match ups.

While the placeholder probably is around when it's expected to be released, it also shouldn't be taken as set in stone. Basically, until you hear an announcement, don't assume that retailers have an accurate date.

1 hour ago, Layer said:

Well, at least in regards of the original characters in Sign it's the same version and we won't have to relearn our characters. Just the new match ups.

And how to work Blitz Shield Charge Attack more into your play. That's apparently what's changed things up the most.

Had a dream where I was at the arcade and noticed they added Dizzy. Got excited and tried to play as her in training mode right away, but for some reason my opponent was Necro from SF3, and all the colors were inverted. I thought it was a glitch, so I reset position, and when I did that suddenly I was also playing as Necro, but he was wearing a dark green cloak.

What I've taken from this dream is that Dizzy's "Necro" wing is, in reality, Necro from SF3. Didn't see that one coming.

9 minutes ago, Devdan said:

Had a dream where I was at the arcade and noticed they added Dizzy. Got excited and tried to play as her in training mode right away, but for some reason my opponent was Necro from SF3, and all the colors were inverted. I thought it was a glitch, so I reset position, and when I did that suddenly I was also playing as Necro, but he was wearing a dark green cloak.

What I've taken from this dream is that Dizzy's "Necro" wing is, in reality, Necro from SF3. Didn't see that one coming.

Winners don't do drugs.

5 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

Requesting fanart where Dizzy's wings are Necro from SF3 and Undyne from Undertale respectively while she shakes her head sadly.

As soon as I finish a Shigatsu one I'll give it a shot.

Same character 5v5 at Mikado today

Hopefully teams will be filled since it's the holidays. No team list but I think I saw Slayer and I-No teams confirmed