Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

On 1/6/2016 at 8:41 AM, Clousephinat said:

BS also has invulnerability to overdrives after the rejected now? How was Potemkin able to avoid that Ultimate Fortissimo otherwise?

i thought rev removed the invuln from blitz, but instead gives you a free followup blitz so a baited projectile blitz isn't a super awkward situation for both parties?

38 minutes ago, Pomparomp said:

i thought rev removed the invuln from blitz, but instead gives you a free followup blitz so a baited projectile blitz isn't a super awkward situation for both parties?

No, Revelator gives you the option to not get invulnerability on rejection and get the charge attack followup if you hold the button down (which in itself has a continuous Blitz-like rejection property until you release it). If you don't perform the followup, Blitzing is pretty much identical. 

This example is most definitely just the post (non-charged) Blitz invul going right through I-No's Overdrive. It only has 7 active frames, and while I can't find data on how much invulnerability does a reject give, it's apparently more than that. 

1 hour ago, LockedAndClush said:

No, Revelator gives you the option to not get invulnerability on rejection and get the charge attack followup if you hold the button down (which in itself has a continuous Blitz-like rejection property until you release it). If you don't perform the followup, Blitzing is pretty much identical. 

This example is most definitely just the post (non-charged) Blitz invul going right through I-No's Overdrive. It only has 7 active frames, and while I can't find data on how much invulnerability does a reject give, it's apparently more than that. 

no you do get the option for a free blitz after a projectile blitz, but it's not automatic or mandatory. Invul also carries over on charged blitz too btw, I remember seeing an attack whiff through a charge that had just rejected a projectile, I don't know whether the invul lasts until the startup of the attack or whether it has a set duration though.

1 hour ago, youcanwonder said:

Idk if this is true or not..nut it seems like revelator runs a little faster then xrd? 

In what example? Game speed, loading speed, or both? To me, looking at a match vid or 2 of Revelator. Its already fast enough, lol.

Game speed. Just seems to run faster as far as movements and everything.  Maybe it's just me again just kinda what it looks like tho

1 hour ago, TekkamanArk said:

Youtube's been capable of 60fps for a while now.

Only on 720p and above resolutions. Most stuff that comes from japan is recorded at 480p or below, so it's rare to get revelator footage at 60fps.

6 hours ago, MLSTRM said:

Only on 720p and above resolutions. Most stuff that comes from japan is recorded at 480p or below, so it's rare to get revelator footage at 60fps.

Most of the time it's 360p with some random guy yelling into a WW2-era microphone out of the blue occasionally to make you shit yourself.

I swear they have some competition to see how much their microphone audio can clip.

On 1/11/2016 at 7:18 AM, MLSTRM said:

Yeah. Mikado(Goldenrody) streams are all 360p, while acho streams are typically 720p60, but they don't seem to do Guilty Gear as often as Mikado. Note that the acho link seems to be official, and thus they know and care about YouTube, while the Mikado link seems to be just fan reuploads

7 hours ago, FinalDoomGuy said:

Most of the time it's 360p with some random guy yelling into a WW2-era microphone out of the blue occasionally to make you shit yourself.

I swear they have some competition to see how much their microphone audio can clip.

Don't forget the part where the commentary is only one channel so if you watch with headphones you'll get one ear just blown the fuck out with screaming out of nowhere lol.

15 hours ago, RoBoBOBR said:

Shadowfury333, this isn't Mikado's YT channel, but Goldenrody's ) Mikado (or Jonio) have their own YT here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmFkuRZSbxyvqdK-cjMSog

Thanks, I didn't realize that. keeponrockin seemed to only point to Goldenrody's channel. Jonio's channel seems to update less frequently than Goldenrody's, though that may just be presentation, since Goldenrody splits videos more than Jonio.

I never really understood why the quality of the videos are so bad to be honest.

It's a direct capture from the cabinet, right?

And surely Nico Nico isn't so garbage that you can't host 720p60fps, right?

1 hour ago, FinalDoomGuy said:

And surely Nico Nico isn't so garbage that you can't host 720p60fps, right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

NicoNico actually offers a wealth of upload options which premiered before and surpass those of YouTube. The problem lies in the fact those features are locked behind numerous pay walls that require premium subscription. This is  why Nico (unlike YT) was able to turn a profit in only its first year of service.

The hosting site aside, you also have to keep in mind that, surprisingly, Japan is somewhat very behind the times in terms of the streaming culture. That is why their setups are almost always less than optimal.

Lastly, the Japanese tend to focus on speed over quality. Have you ever seen the amount of raw footage that gets uploaded daily? The amount of time it would take to process the large amount of captured video at high resolutions would be a pain, especially considering that those videos are often edited for numerous reasons (to highlight a certain player or match up, cut those who don't want to be featured, etc). The simple fact is, a lot of Japanese uploaders don't see this as much more than a low key hobby for archive sake, so they'd rather get it up quickly and crappily as opposed to slowly or not at all.

When i finally though "yes! enough of whinny little girls, give me some badass dudes" i find out the guy is actually a robot... being controlled by a little girl inside him.

1 hour ago, Clamper said:

When i finally though "yes! enough of whinny little girls, give me some badass dudes" i find out the guy is actually a robot... being controlled by a little girl inside him.

only 8 out of a, so far, 21 character line up are women? :?: