Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Pretty sure she's not a little girl, but an adult woman.

That link with the release date news also has a short description of his/her fighting style, though it doesn't really say anything specific, just general descriptions like "Putting their weight into the attacks" and "Having a very Guilty Gear-ish combat style". Let's hope the article itself is more elaborate.

9 out of 22, including Dizzy.

13:9 isn't terrible. I guess it just seems kind of off due to the fact that we're at 2 male new characters (Bedman, Leo) to 4 new female characters (Ram, El, Jack-O, Kum) introduced in Xrd. But, Sin is kind of new. And Raven may be in the pipeline, as well.

20 minutes ago, Pomparomp said:

only 8 out of a, so far, 21 character line up are women? :?:

As werewolfgold said, i'm talking about the new characters.

In Revelator specially we have 4 girls (Jack-O, Jam, Kum, Dizzy) and 1 dude (Johnny). 

4 minutes ago, Clamper said:

As werewolfgold said, i'm talking about the new characters.

In Revelator specially we have 4 girls (Jack-O, Jam, Kum, Dizzy) and 1 dude (Johnny). 

Considering that they're still in the minority, I see no problem here.

2 hours ago, Clamper said:

When i finally though "yes! enough of whinny little girls, give me some badass dudes" i find out the guy is actually a robot... being controlled by a little girl inside him.

that name is pretty cool though

If you are looking for badass dudes then you are in the wrong series, because every male character that isn't Sol, Slayer, Potemkin, Kliff or Leo is quite frankly a sissy boy.  Either get with the bishies or accept the waifu laifu.

34 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

If you are looking for badass dudes then you are in the wrong series, because every male character that isn't Sol, Slayer, Potemkin, Kliff or Leo is quite frankly a sissy boy.  Either get with the bishies or accept the waifu laifu.

AC+R wasn't like this, sure it had some little girls but most characters were either badass or interestingly bizarre. 

Now they're flooding us of girls of some generic anime archetypes. 

2 minutes ago, Clamper said:

AC+R wasn't like this, sure it had some little girls but most characters were either badass or interestingly bizarre. 

It's odd to me that you wouldn't consider Kum's design 'bizarre' at least. I think this design is better than if Kum was just an old man, that's for sure.

And he/she is going to play as a big old man. You won't see the girl until the match is over!

I think it's a badass design. Looking forward to it!

Love that they're introducing new characters and quality new characters at that. It would be so easy to churn out past characters.

Edited by This Man
delete inflammatory comparison.

33 minutes ago, Clamper said:

You cannot be serious right now, lol.

post-1-1201426586.jpg

Look at this roster homie, look at it.  It has more female characters than Revelator's currently does.  It also has fucking Bridget, who is as "generic pandering" as you can get, and a chuuni version of Sol (okay, EVEN MORE chuuni) as an edgy time traveller.  It has Anji's shirtlessness and Testament's skirt/sports bra combo in all of their fujoshi pandering glory.  You are being incredibly silly, and I say this as someone who does not like a single character on the entire Guilty Gear roster.  I think you are looking at the old game with rose tinted goggles like those Pokemon dudes do.  No hostility here, just pointing out how absurd this complaint is, Guilty Gear has never been anything but anime archetypes, and I have no idea how you got any idea otherwise.  The very first game in the series has a cute little pirate loli and her animal friends, and a literal copy of Kenshin Himura except a girl.  If that isn't "generic anime archetypes" then I really don't know what is.

As for being interestingly bizarre...it's a girl wearing a suit that looks like an old karate master.  Where except Guilty Gear would you ever find a character like that?

10 minutes ago, This Man said:

And he/she is going to play as a big old man. You won't see the girl until the match is over!

I think it's a badass design. Looking forward to it!

Love that they're introducing new characters and quality new characters at that. It would be so easy to churn out past characters

*cough SFV cough* 

SFV is literally doing the exact same thing as Revelator.  It has an equal number of returning veterans (Birdie, Nash, Mika, Karin) and newcomers (Necalli, Rashid, Laura, FANG).

17 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

You cannot be serious right now, lol.

post-1-1201426586.jpg

Look at this roster homie, look at it.  It has more female characters than Revelator's currently does.  It also has fucking Bridget, who is as "generic pandering" as you can get, and a chuuni version of Sol (okay, EVEN MORE chuuni) as an edgy time traveller.  It has Anji's shirtlessness and Testament's skirt/sports bra combo in all of their fujoshi pandering glory.  You are being incredibly silly, and I say this as someone who does not like a single character on the entire Guilty Gear roster.  I think you are looking at the old game with rose tinted goggles like those Pokemon dudes do.  No hostility here, just pointing out how absurd this complaint is, Guilty Gear has never been anything but anime archetypes, and I have no idea how you got any idea otherwise.  The very first game in the series has a cute little pirate loli and her animal friends, and a literal copy of Kenshin Himura except a girl.  If that isn't "generic anime archetypes" then I really don't know what is.

As for being interestingly bizarre...it's a girl wearing a suit that looks like an old karate master.  Where except Guilty Gear would you ever find a character like that?

If you're saying Anji, Testament and Sol aren't badass i can't even start arguing. Our concepts are too different.

Xrd characters suck, we have Bedman and Leo, who are "ok" although both are a bit wack, and then all the rest are sissy little girls. Ramlethal had potential but oh no lets make her the generic little girl finding out about emotions. SMH. Even May was redesigned to look younger and more "moe" (shitty expression) than she was on AC+R. 

New characters are now 2:1 in silly whinny little girls favor. I wished Nine was actually a GG character and they'd send Elphelt (gutter trash) to Blazblue.

ps: also i'm not saying there's a problem with female characters, I-NO and Millia are both awesome. I just hate all this "waifu" bullshit.

16 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

SFV is literally doing the exact same thing as Revelator.  It has an equal number of returning veterans (Birdie, Nash, Mika, Karin) and newcomers (Necalli, Rashid, Laura, FANG).

The 6 DLC will be returning characters...a little different methinks. Anyway, it was a stupid throwaway comment. I don't want to start a big SF - GG debate. I'll edit my post.

3 minutes ago, Clamper said:

If you're saying Anji, Testament and Sol aren't badass i can't even start arguing. Our concepts are too different.

Xrd characters suck, we have Bedman and Leo, who are "ok" although both are a bit wack, and then all the rest are sissy little girls. Ramlethal had potential but oh no lets make her the generic little girl finding out about emotions. SMH. Even May was redesigned to look younger and more "moe" (shitty expression) than she was on AC+R. 

New characters are now 2:1 in silly whinny little girls favor. I wished Nine was actually a GG character and they'd send Elphelt (gutter trash) to Blazblue.

You're...over-reacting.

We don't even have a firm hold on Kum's personality yet, and seeing as she's introduced investigating the strange Japanese disease, and the fact that Leo (proud as he is) treats her with formal respect shows pretty clearly that she's capable and independent, and apparently has quite the reputation.

If all you judge a character on is how much testosterone is injected into them, I ask that you expand your horizons.

Finally, May was barely even redesigned. It's just the change in graphics engine you're noticing.

For the record, I never said that you were wrong in any form, the fact that GG's characters ARE just wacky anime stereotypes is why I don't like any of them.  I said you were being silly and overreacting when the characters have been this way since the first game in the series.  Any idea you had of GG being some serious edgy grimdark series is nothing but fabrication, it's always been goofy and silly.  If you think Kliff, Slayer, Leo etc are anything close to "manly badasses" then you haven't seen anything beyond their initial appearance, those dudes are goofy as shit even in their battle animations.  If you want a "serious" story/world then you should probably just play MK or KI, they're both good games anyway so they're worth your time regardless.

As for May if anything I think she looks older now, compare her face in X2 to her face in Xrd.

6 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

For the record, I never said that you were wrong in any form, the fact that GG's characters ARE just wacky anime stereotypes is why I don't like any of them.  I said you were being silly and overreacting when the characters have been this way since the first game in the series.  Any idea you had of GG being some serious edgy grimdark series is nothing but fabrication, it's always been goofy and silly.  If you think Kliff, Slayer, Leo etc are anything close to "manly badasses" then you haven't seen anything beyond their initial appearance, those dudes are goofy as shit even in their battle animations.  If you want a "serious" story/world then you should probably just play MK or KI, they're both good games anyway so they're worth your time regardless.

As for May if anything I think she looks older now, compare her face in X2 to her face in Xrd.

Well compare both of them...

This is the comparison i have in mind:

May_Portrait.pngmaxresdefault.jpg

Even her breasts were made smaller. 

4 hours ago, kosmos badgirl said:

Let's hope we get it in the west around June/July. Looking forward to see the limited edition, SIGN got a shitty limited edition in Japan.

The last console release only had the Western release a week after the Japanese one but I guess June or July might happen in which case I suppose I'd be up for another year of Xrd -SIGN- at Evo.

gender was a mistake

edit:like just cuz a woman isn't also a "manly bad ass" doesn't make her pandering waifu horseshit. Guilty's real good about that. May, I-no, Jack-o and Jam are good characters with interesting designs that mesh well with their characters. Elphelt pushes it with the incongruous boob window, but she doesn't approach anything near Blazblue's characters that are literally designed to appeal to different types of anime fans.

1 hour ago, Clamper said:

I wished Nine was actually a GG character

Nah, plz don't, there's already enough generic booby ladies (not that Elphelt is better in that regard..) >.<

1 hour ago, Poultrygeist said:

If you want a "serious" story/world then you should probably just play MK or KI

Yeah, over the top blood and gore is so "manly" and Johnny Cage is a really serious character... omg.. >.<

.. sry, had to ..