Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

To be fair, it's a little difficult to critique Kum's design when all we have to go on is a mug shot of her. Who knows, maybe she'll actually have a unique design to her and not just "look how hawt she is!"

1 hour ago, Antaiseito said:

Nah, plz don't, there's already enough generic booby ladies (not that Elphelt is better in that regard..) >.<

Yeah, over the top blood and gore is so "manly" and Johnny Cage is a really serious character... omg.. >.<

.. sry, had to ..

Yo, Johnny Cage has a special where he hits you in the nuts.  I don't know if you've ever been hit in the nuts before, but that shit SERIOUSLY hurts lol.

Also @Clamper please do send Elphelt to Blazblue, let's see how much she likes that shotgun bullshit when we can just GCOD and wreck her shit with a counterhit combo :3

Kum poses the biggest conundrum to the people who cry "Hurr durr Guilty Gear is only a game about hardcore badasses not this waifu moe trash durr."

I love it.

1 minute ago, Stellarcircle5 said:

Kum poses the biggest conundrum to the people who cry "Hurr durr Guilty Gear is only a game about hardcore badasses not this waifu moe trash durr."

I love it.

I think Leo is pretty close in that regard.  On the surface he's the most generic edgelord in the world, but personality wise he is the goofiest son of a bitch.

I'm surprised Kum has managed to piss off some people the same way every single new female character has done so far. At this point I'm convinced some GG players are afraid of cooties or some shit, honestly I'll never understand how some people get so mad over the new characters being "generic anime archetypes", maybe it's because I'm pretty new to the series and don't have a pair of nostalgia goggles strapped on but when I started playing the first thing I said when I saw GG's cast was "so it's a bunch of old anime cliches with a bunch metal references slapped on? I love it" and so far every single new character is just that. 

Also @Clamper I find it ironic how you seem to hate Elphelt so much to the point you said you'd prefer Nine to be added to GG (someone that shows more skin than her with plenty of panty shots as an added bonus) despite her Revelator design being a lot more metal than a lot of the old cast.

After a short discussion with Blazblue, we have decided that we are keeping Nine and you can keep Elphelt.  This was decided on the logic that Blazblue has Platinum.

Gameplay wise Kum is not explained well.  Is he/she/it/The Kum designed for beginners or is supposed to be technical in use?

From what I could gather, Kum (the girl) appears to be an adult woman--possibly older-ish (hopefully; the series needs more of this). She either has purple hair with white highlights or vice-versa, which might be indicative of her age, although that's doubtful considering this is an anime fighter in which white-haired youth is a thing and her association with ki, which has that whole slow aging thing going for it. She also has really small, purple eyes and thick eyebrows. That's all I got from the head down to her chest. The rest is a mystery to me, though her attire seems to consist of a kimono-based design. Overall, she doesn't seem to be fetish fodder, unless you're in the niche group that's into that sorta thing. I guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer to get the full picture, literally.

@ kosmos badgirl and Nobus3r1 

Daisuke said previously in an interview that he's trying to do a simultaneous release of GG so that Americans are not left behind/hopefully Americans can get the same start as the Japanese. Unless Arcsys changed their minds. Not sure about Europe.

1 hour ago, Angry Guy of DE said:

After a short discussion with Blazblue, we have decided that we are keeping Nine and you can keep Elphelt.  This was decided on the logic that Blazblue has Platinum.

Gameplay wise Kum is not explained well.  Is he/she/it/The Kum designed for beginners or is supposed to be technical in use?

However we are willing to take Elphelt off your hands if you're willing to take Valk off ours.  Please.  I'm tired of having to guess :( at least you guys have blitz shield!

Ahhh the "new character xxxx ain't GG enough" debate. Never gets old. 

Anyways she looks great, has an unorthodox design and will most likely be fun to play with some dank level oki so that's GG enough for me. Plus her Gouken form has a belt bigger than Johnny's so as far as I'm concerned she's already a part of the family

Oh, just the usual "muh metal" nonsense everytime a new character gets released.

Anyway i didn't like him/her at first sight and also the whole "easy to pick up" thing sounds a bit discouraging.

5 hours ago, This Man said:

The 6 DLC will be returning characters

Where did you read anything about six additional DLC characters?

1 hour ago, Poultrygeist said:

However we are willing to take Elphelt off your hands if you're willing to take Valk off ours.  Please.  I'm tired of having to guess :( at least you guys have blitz shield!

I'm in the minority that's willing to take Elphelt. If GG takes Celica and lets Jam dub all characters. Let's see That Man handle That Merciless Apocalypse.

3 hours ago, Layer said:

To be fair, it's a little difficult to critique Kum's design when all we have to go on is a mug shot of her. Who knows, maybe she'll actually have a unique design to her and not just "look how hawt she is!"

Umm... I thought we already knew her design since the Arcade Opening of -R- came out? (Well, just her face showed in not even one second, but yeah)

Always so much complaining about char designs or waifus who cares be happy it's a new char being added to the game. Waifu no waifu girl guy some strange alien who cares arcsys knows what they are doin. 

1 hour ago, Naotomato said:

Celica was (is?) an 'easy to pick up' character and now she's high/top tier right now so you can't always go by appearances. 

Celica is top?  You're not talking about CPE right?

1 minute ago, Poultrygeist said:

Celica is top?  You're not talking about CPE right?

She's being considered as good/top in CF, they really worked out what they want to do with her it seems.

4 hours ago, Stellarcircle5 said:

I love it.

It had its share of moe in the past... but not on the same ratio as they're coming now. 

That description of her playstyle kinda makes me think of Dante from MvC3, how he could change his special move by an additional button press (like how his j.236L Killer Bee became The Hammer with j.236L, L).

Very excited to see more. And import. Haha

52 minutes ago, Clamper said:

It had its share of moe in the past... but not on the same ratio as they're coming now. 

I still want to know how you know she's moe.  Since you've established that female does not = moe to you, all we have to go by is a very vague mugshot of her face.  

You've got to be dumb to think that Xrd isn't trying to pander more to the current anime fandom (uguu~ kawaii shit) than the original series though, not my cup of tea but as long as it plays well who gives a fuck?

Why are we having this discussion again anyways, this is the gameplay thread  not the aesthetics thread. 

When's ABA?