Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Yeah, guys, lets not go overboard, and off-topic with the new character whining, other than that, I'll see fair judgment to "Robo-Gouken" whenever, and to hope the English release of Xrd-Rev does something similar, either as pre-order codes for the retail release and/or on the PS Store digitally the same offer they did for Elphelt (Free for a limited time, 2 weeks. Hopefully they do that again.)

Revelator's shaping up to getting good, now to wait on that "Dizzy" model for Rev soon enough.

3 hours ago, Clousephinat said:

Umm... I thought we already knew her design since the Arcade Opening of -R- came out? (Well, just her face showed in not even one second, but yeah)

Yeah, people tend to seemingly forget about this:

https://youtu.be/fWrb2PXZXCA?t=497

Although, I think most people are referring to the design of the woman inside of the large man, since her the design has yet to be revealed as far as I know.

15 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Although, I think most people are referring to the design of the woman inside of the large man,

Which is what is seen in the Opening, as Clousephinat was talking about.

1 minute ago, Chaoschao222 said:

Which is what is seen in the Opening, as Clousephinat was talking about.

Ah, well I found the wording confusing, as I don't recall ever having seen anything aside from her face. It sounded as though he was referring to the entire body, in which case, only the entirety of large man's body has been seen. I get where he's coming from now, though.

4 hours ago, mAc Chaos said:

Keep the character design aesthetics discussion to other threads.

I think it's funny people discuss about a LOT of things other than gameplay here, but when it's something the mods don't like they'll come with the "keep it out of this thread". Happened now and when i said i disliked Arc Sys selling policy. 

Whatever, tho. 

46 minutes ago, Clamper said:

Happened now and when i said i disliked Arc Sys selling policy.

Those lots of other things are probably sensible news discussions...
It's actually nice that they stop these overboarding and seemingly hugely negative "i don't like this or that"-topics in the news/gameplay thread.

imo

I'm all for these threads having more substantial gameplay discussion but I legitimately don't know how we're supposed to discuss a character we haven't even seen fight yet.  Her article doesn't even give a vague description of her move set either.  

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to get a gameplay walkthrough, least give us an idea of how she works. I mean we got gameplay of Elphelt and Sin like 3 months before Xrd launched so it's within the realms of possibility.

Kinda off topic, kinda not, but the console release date isn't gonna help us too much anywhere besides Japan for Evo. We'll barely gonna get any experience fighting against the new characters already released for Arcade and learning the new tech. I mean not like we had much of a chance to begin with anyway I suppose. Reminds me a little when Ultra SFIV came out only two months before Evo.

57 minutes ago, Layer said:

Kinda off topic, kinda not, but the console release date isn't gonna help us too much anywhere besides Japan for Evo. We'll barely gonna get any experience fighting against the new characters already released for Arcade and learning the new tech. I mean not like we had much of a chance to begin with anyway I suppose. Reminds me a little when Ultra SFIV came out only two months before Evo.

The cycle is always the elephant in the room, but there is zero chance that EVO will run Revelator. Not with a 5/26 release date just for the Japanese version. 

3 hours ago, SoWL said:

At least we got some hi-res screenshots:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201601/21097573.html

Which one do I select to see screen shots?

1 hour ago, Layer said:

I think 2 months is sufficient time to learn n play revelator.  Not really much on game mechanics but char match up is different story but still ample timing depending g on US drop date. Which has yet to be announced :(

4 minutes ago, youcanwonder said:

Which one do I select to see screen shots?

Top right to skip ads, click on any picture for the slideshow

34 minutes ago, 9:02 PM said:

The cycle is always the elephant in the room, but there is zero chance that EVO will run Revelator. Not with a 5/26 release date just for the Japanese version. 

Yeah I don't think Evo will run Revelator, people will have to do a side tournament if they want it.  Evo wouldn't even run DLC characters for Smash that were out like a month before.  This is one of those times where it's fortunate that Revelator has the same balance as Sign.

9 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

Yeah I don't think Evo will run Revelator, people will have to do a side tournament if they want it.  Evo wouldn't even run DLC characters for Smash that were out like a month before.  This is one of those times where it's fortunate that Revelator has the same balance as Sign.

I'm expecting Revelator on consoles having a balance update the same way Sign did tho.

On 1/19/2016 at 3:12 PM, Poultrygeist said:

Celica is top?  You're not talking about CPE right?

No like MLSTRM said CF. She's pretty good from what I gathered in the notes and watching vids. 

I'm still hoping that they do release it in the USA the same time as Japan because I'm tired of paying shipping and import fees from buying Japanese video games just to get swag. Guilty pleasure.

I wish the GG trailer showed off reveal trailers like the BB team does. Kum and the new Blaz chick got revealed the same day but only the BlazBlue chick gets a trailer? C'mon Team Red lemme see some Robo-Gouken : (

On 1/19/2016 at 2:05 PM, Naotomato said:

@ kosmos badgirl and Nobus3r1 

Daisuke said previously in an interview that he's trying to do a simultaneous release of GG so that Americans are not left behind/hopefully Americans can get the same start as the Japanese. Unless Arcsys changed their minds. Not sure about Europe.

I'm sorry...I don't know how to say this so I guess I'll just come out and say it.  Revelator came out in Japan in August 2015.  That's the release date that matters.  Ooh, the console version may (emphasis on 'may') come out at the same time for both Japan and American (sorry Europe) but that's not going to make a bit of difference when the most relevant player population will have already had the game for nine months.  America has already been left in the dust.

4 hours ago, 9:02 PM said:

I agree about the elephant in the room but disagree on the 'zero chance' part.  Remember this is the Evo staff we're talking about.  Mortal Kombat X was announced as a main stage game despite not even having been released when said announcement was made.  Similarly Tekken 7 got, for some reason, a main stage slot as well despite not even having a console release (that is to say being essentially unplayable outside of Asia).  If ASW wants Revelator to be the version of Guilty Gear at Evo and especially if they kick in anything resembling the pot bonus that they did last year then I'm pretty sure that Revelator is going to be the version of GGXrd at Evo.

BBCF had a semi-American arcade release where some places were getting the Nesica cabs, so I think it would be in GG"s best interests to try and follow suit next time.  It wouldn't completely solve the problem because only a handful of locations would be getting it, but it would be a step in the right direction for sure.

12 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

BBCF had a semi-American arcade release where some places were getting the Nesica cabs, so I think it would be in GG"s best interests to try and follow suit next time.  It wouldn't completely solve the problem because only a handful of locations would be getting it, but it would be a step in the right direction for sure.

That would've been because of Taito being willing to expand, though, not ASW; the latter's only involvement was most likely just selling a license for BB to be downloaded on a US cab. Aime, however, belongs to Sega, so unless they follow Taito's example, ASW's only option if they wanted to release Revelator in an overseas arcade would be to release an offline cab like they did with CS2…which they never did again.

For those collectors out there,  preorders for Revelator are up on ebten/ASW online store.

The top tier verison cost 17.000 yen and comes with the limited box + Famitsu DX pack (B2 tapestry, jack-o mug cup, character bromide (set of 20) and 3D crystal set Ky Kiske).

http://ebten.jp/arc/p/s/5000141000029/

Maybe we'll find out about Dizzy next month? Since the release date for console has now been revealed, we're likely to get monthly XrdR coverage from Famitsu until release.