Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

8 hours ago, greatfernman said:

There wasn't more than one last year and not-Japan had the game for 7 months, that seems like an rather high benchmark for a "level playing field"

Perhaps I should have separated my statements.  The evidence states that neither Evo nor ASW care about a level playing field due to deciding to include a game that will have been out in most of the world for a month and giving their native population a massive head start respectively.  Full stop.  I was then implying based on this that I would, contrary to many here who're saying that SIGN and REVELATOR are similar enough that a massive head start in playing the latter isn't that consequential, be very surprised if turned out to be the case as I was expecting comparable or worse results than non-Japanese players experienced with SIGN last year.

What if there's a balance patch for Revelator on consoles? It'd make the playing field level again.

Not that it matters honestly does anyone really think Japan won't take this free? 

2 minutes ago, Clamper said:

What if there's a balance patch for Revelator on consoles? It'd make the playing field level again.

Not that it matters honestly does anyone really think Japan won't take this free? 

I was thinking the same thing, a balance patch would level the field a little, but we'd still be learning a brand new match-up(Jack-O) and figuring out applications for the new blitz mechanic. I mean, it's not like US had much of a shot against Japan anyway, but it does kind suck. Oh well, I'd much rather have an all japan top 8 than have to watch Xrd while I'm playing Revelator.

32 minutes ago, jak d ripr said:

I was thinking the same thing, a balance patch would level the field a little, but we'd still be learning a brand new match-up(Jack-O) and figuring out applications for the new blitz mechanic. I mean, it's not like US had much of a shot against Japan anyway, but it does kind suck. Oh well, I'd much rather have an all japan top 8 than have to watch Xrd while I'm playing Revelator.

Jack-O and Kum. As well as Johnny and Jam's matchup in this version.

54 minutes ago, NonoV2 said:

I'm eagerly waiting any glimpse of information about the new Dizzy.

Once the developers were asked how they'd make certain characters if they were brought to Xrd. Ishiwatari (i think it was him) said he wanted to give Dizzy tools to be more offensive than in the past games. That's all the info on her right now lol.

On 27/1/2016 at 4:22 AM, NeoStrayCat said:

Yep, 1 month is plenty of time, so practice hard! X3

Rather than just to practice, the real problem is that 1 month is not enough time to learn the matchups against the new characters well enough, and for people that wanted to switch characters to those that are introduced in -R- and they have to start from the very beginning, even if it's an old character like Johnny, clearly is not enough time to participate in a tournament such as EVO against japanese people that play this game every single day in their life in arcades without having to rely on playing online.

Just now, Clamper said:

Once the developers were asked how they'd make certain characters if they were brought to Xrd. Ishiwatari (i think it was him) said he wanted to give Dizzy tools to be more offensive than in the past games. That's all the info on her right now lol.

That's Pachi, not Daisuke

Just now, noct76 said:

How long do you guys think were waiting until we see gameplay?

I'd say near the time of Revelator's release. I think she'll be a paid DLC.

11 hours ago, Grim-reaper said:

Additional inputs to improve specials ? Sounds like UMVC3 Dante to me.

Well i like heavy hitters so i'm really looking forward to the gameplay videos.

I took that to be more like a rekka character, like Karin or 96 Kyo.  I don't think Xrd has a flat out rekka character because Chipp's is completely linear.

25 minutes ago, youcanwonder said:

She was suppose to be an arcade release I thought? 

There's still 4 months between now and console release, plenty of time for them to have dizzy added into arcades

Forgive me if this comes off as backseat moderating, but I think like the past 5 (at least) pages have been nothing but people asking when Dizzy is coming.  I swear, ALL OF YALL better be maining this character to the 100%.  

8 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

Forgive me if this comes off as backseat moderating, but I think like the past 5 (at least) pages have been nothing but people asking when Dizzy is coming.  I swear, ALL OF YALL better be maining this character to the 100%.  

It's pretty understandable since the point of the poll was implied to be to decide what the next character was going to be, and then Kum gets announced, so I think people are just worried that either Dizzy got passed by, or they missed the info since it's moved onto yet another new non-Dizzy character.

9 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

I took that to be more like a rekka character, like Karin or 96 Kyo.  I don't think Xrd has a flat out rekka character because Chipp's is completely linear.

Leo feels like a proper rekka character even if it's linear, too, if only because he has some good mix-ups after each hit.

Also, that Kum description makes him feel like Onimaru from Yomi. Screw combos, single hit mix-ups all the way.

Ok I was just confirming that. And jam is kinda a rekka char imo. Still hype af even if it is a month before Evo haha hopin for at least 1 or 2 more chars on side of dizzy and kum. (Guess maybe raven since he actually has in game model and maybe someone else...me high hopin though mught be much)

5 hours ago, MoralHazardPay said:

Leo is the classic Rekka character. If you want a Rekka route character a la Kyo or A3 Karin then Chipp does fill that gap; he can do 3 different followups to the first Rekka and then 2 to the second.

Yeah but Chipp only got one rekka, he needs three rekkas and for each one to have like five followups.

On January 29, 2016 at 9:14 PM, Poultrygeist said:

Don't worry, I got it.

On 1/30/2016 at 0:28 PM, Destin said:

Don't worry, I got it.

I know you will man, I've seen you posting in the Dizzy threads since I got here.  I look forward to seeing the Dizzy vets put in work.

^Yeah, don't worry about it, we'll get news of Dizzy someday before its console release, whenever ASW decides to post news about it.

Any pro observations on the new Blitz Shield now that Rev's been out for a long while? I hear it kinda changes up certain matchups completely now.