Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I'm also interested in this. Specially if it's really true moves who hit middle (not overhead nor low) can't be blitzed by crouching blitz anymore. This would help Ky in his oki with meaty normals though the charge blitz is bad for this charged stun edge oki.

It's expected to be Raven, he has a gameplay style model (like Sin did). But who knows for sure...

17 hours ago, youcanwonder said:

I understand expecting raven bc of in game model..but it's be stupid to put him in but have him in the poll as well

It would have been even worse to include every single playable character (even Fanny), but not Raven. Might as well confirm him to be in right away.

1 hour ago, SoWL said:

The console build will be playable on an event that will be held in Japan on the 27th:

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/portal/post-395/

We might get some more info on Kum, maybe other newcomers.

Daisuke will be signing some autographs and they will reveal the music poll results too.

Um, speaking on SoWL's post, that's about to hit on the same weekend Anime Ascention (ASW games Tourney hosted by Aksys) is gonna be at, and that will have Xrd -Revelator- played there too.

So, yeah, even though I'll probably be at A.A., I guess those in JP, might wanna check it out, if there will be any news/differences, than the one that's also gonna be playable to try out in CA. (Though unrelated, but UNIST there as well at A.A.)

26 minutes ago, Grim-reaper said:

I don't know if this was already posted but what's new in the latest 1.03 revelator update ?

It bringed a lot of bugs, so the game was reverted to v1.02 for now

1 hour ago, heavymetalmixer said:

It bringed a lot of bugs, so the game was reverted to v1.02 for now

He asked for revelator not PC Sign?

13 hours ago, Grim-reaper said:

I don't know if this was already posted but what's new in the latest 1.03 revelator update ?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snsdka

It was mostly bugfixes for overall game and old characters, and balance adjustments for Johnny, Jack, and Jam

PQube announced * that they will publish -REVELATOR- in Europe and it will release the same week as in North America. *The site jumped the gun and published the article before the official announcement of the publsiher. Scratch that part, they only deleted and tweeted it again.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-europe-release-same-day-as-na-pqube-announce/

The article even has an image of what it seems to be a new online lobby, similar to the one in BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena:

Spoiler

GUILTY-GEAR-Xrd-REVELATOR-_2016020823381

EDIT: Oh, one of the avatars is dressed as Raven. Seems that it is more and more likely that he really will be playable.

Edited by Danaiden

14 minutes ago, Danaiden said:
  Reveal hidden contents

GUILTY-GEAR-Xrd-REVELATOR-_2016020823381

Oh, it one of the avatars is dressed as Raven. Seems that it is more and more likely that he really will be playable.

The article also says "Revelator introduces 6 new characters " (which are Johnny, Jack-O, Jam, Kum, Dizzy, ???) Other network avatars in the picture seem to be playable characters (May, Sol, Jack-O & Jam can be seen), so this certaily raises the possibility of playable Raven...

3D Lobbies certainly look amazing. I'll be doing Fishing all day in those...

Good news. The lobbies look like those in BBCP and Persona with the arcade cabinets. I didn't see the point of the avatar lobbies in Sign so this looks promising. I guess most people are betting on Raven being the sixth character, but who knows, perhaps Arcsys will surprise us.

1 minute ago, 2nd_striker said:

I may still import given the mess with Xrd Europe. Plus if any DLC carries over ill need an Asian version

Yeah that's the really issue. It would suck to buy the European version and be stuck on some old patch, like what happened with the European version of Sign. I will probably get the Japanese version of the game either way, just to be safe.