Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

34 minutes ago, 2nd_striker said:

I may still import given the mess with Xrd Europe. Plus if any DLC carries over ill need an Asian version

31 minutes ago, SQNR said:

Yeah that's the really issue. It would suck to buy the European version and be stuck on some old patch, like what happened with the European version of Sign. I will probably get the Japanese version of the game either way, just to be safe.

The EU version of -SIGN- was published by Arc System Works themselves, but this time the publisher is PQube, who were also responsible for BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend. I highly doubt that this disaster of a release will happen again.

Update: -REVELATOR- will be released physically and with a Limited Edition too.

Edited by Danaiden

Great news and looks like they are going to support the game post launch.

Peter Nathaniel Fury –  ‏@NateHawke

@Mefi_Nidhoeggr @prkista Yep. All patches, all DLC, plenty of community support.

I hope they do something cool with the limited edition and not just artbook plus half-assed sountrack preview.

The people at PQube/RiceDigital published some videos of Revelator. One of them showed the Training Mode and there is a new display mechanic for the inputs of buttons and directions. https://youtu.be/ZUpRb-13pGM

Spoiler

GGXrdR-CS_Training-mode2.gifGGXrd_johnny_coin236HS1.jpg

The second video is the first part of a little in-house tournament they arranged and it is possible to catch a glimpse of the character select screen. https://youtu.be/NMFh4nJOrEo
Xrd%20Revelator%20Console%20Select.png?_

There are 4 locked character slots and Johnny, Jack-O' and Jam are available from beginning. Two of these slots are reserved for Dizzy and Kum, so there will be two completely new characters, which one of them is likely Raven.

eSports-Runner article: http://esports-runner.com/guilty-gear-xrd/cs-ggxrdr_training-mode/

EDIT: Seems that the field with the questionmark is likely just "Random Character Select". Excuse me for causing this confusion.

Edited by Danaiden

No, they said there would be 6 new characters in -R-, which 5 of them we already know that are Jam, Johnny, Jack O', Dizzy and Kum. Then the other character which is yet to be announced is probably Raven because you can see he has a chibi model in the new netcode of -R- (though I don't know if maybe they will let you choose other non-playable characters), so those three slots are for Dizzy, Kum and the other character that's likely to be Raven. The "?" is probably just to select a random character.

Be aware, however, that they may end up moving the option to the middle, like it is currently.

16 minutes ago, Clousephinat said:

No, they said there would be 6 new characters in -R-, which 5 of them we already know that are Jam, Johnny, Jack O', Dizzy and Kum. Then the other character which is yet to be announced is probably Raven because you can see he has a chibi model in the new netcode of -R- (though I don't know if maybe they will let you choose other non-playable characters), so those three slots are for Dizzy, Kum and the other character that's likely to be Raven. The "?" is probably just to select a random character.

Oh your right. Uhh, completely forgot about that. Thats still a strange position for random character which is normaly in center, on top or on the bottom of the selection screen.

No, there's only 3 locked spots. The 4th spot is "random select". It will probably become a character in "Revelator Plus #" Kappa.

Also of note: rematch doesn't go back to the VS screen and reloads the entire match any more, it instead just restart the match with all the assets still loaded. Hooray for quicker rematches.

6 hours ago, Tokkan said:

No, there's only 3 locked spots. The 4th spot is "random select". It will probably become a character in "Revelator Plus #" Kappa.

Also of note: rematch doesn't go back to the VS screen and reloads the entire match any more, it instead just restart the match with all the assets still loaded. Hooray for quicker rematches.

In short, just like X2 #Reload where the rematches start automatically with all the assets and display stuff immediately after selecting "Rematch", well, progress from the past now to this.

8 hours ago, Tokkan said:

fuckin' PRAISE BE

like goddamn even Isuka does this, I dunno why they didn't do this for SIGN

18 hours ago, Danaiden said:

The people at PQube/RiceDigital published some videos of Revelator. One of them showed the Training Mode and there is a new display mechanic for the inputs of buttons and directions. https://youtu.be/ZUpRb-13pGM

Reveal hidden contents

The videos are private now, I manage to save the training video and the first video of the tournament but not the other video. I wonder if they got in trouble with ASW for uploading this videos, specially because they showed a couple of new things despite being very small things though.

4 hours ago, This Man said:

How did they get the game, I wonder?

It's the company handling the EU release/localisation that uploaded it

10 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

QCF+K, then they let the stick return to neutral.

THat makes sense, I'm not used to seeing the input detector show the whole process of returning to neutral.  This is really neat though.

Looking forward to Dizzy's royal clothes and new move animations. That's probably the hypest aspect of her coming back.

Also, Raven is described as the "Greatest masochist", getting stronger as he takes damage.

4 minutes ago, SoWL said:

Also, Raven is described as the "Greatest masochist", getting stronger as he takes damage.

You mean.... from the story point of view or the game mechanics point of view?.

9 minutes ago, kosmos badgirl said:

You mean.... from the story point of view or the game mechanics point of view?.

It's written on the right page where all the gameplay mechanics are described, so I assume the latter. He also seems to have a special gauge that fills up when he's hit.

It's cool that we're finally getting Raven after all these years, but holy crap I care about Dizzy more than everyone else combined (minus Zappa, he'd tip that scale). Just show a picture or something, a silhouette isn't enough.

What the hell is that shit about getting hit with Sol 5H and immediately counterattacking? A hitcancel?

38 minutes ago, Tofma said:

What the hell is that shit about getting hit with Sol 5H and immediately counterattacking? A hitcancel?

I guess it's some sort of catching move with followups.

So they put Raven on the poll

And then put him in the game?

Don't get me wrong I'm glad he's finally playable but I can't help but question what exactly was going on with that poll.