Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

14 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Most of the times, wherever a new character is announced, I tend to see the character select roster to see how they will fit new characters and if it has space for more.

After Raven and Kum (Dizzy too) announcing I went to the official page, specifically, the characters (obviously), and after comparing how it works in-game, the console release will only have an option: Do a new design to fit everyone, which can give us hope to more characters come into the bay.

We've already seen the new select screen:

CbKRHjQUEAEN-E5.png

1 minute ago, Suzaku said:

CbKRHjQUEAEN-E5.png

Oh, sorry, I have forgotten about this one, but I thought this one was when Jack and Jam were to be released. So, anyway, 27th will show some of Raven's gameplay?

4 minutes ago, Suzaku said:

CbKRHjQUEAEN-E5.png

Four new slots? Kum, Raven, Dizzy and ??? . There's no way they leave the random selec area there.

1 hour ago, Aegis High said:

Four new slots? Kum, Raven, Dizzy and ??? . There's no way they leave the random selec area there.

Well, in the design before that one, the random was in the middle represented by a question mark. Unless they remove question marks and put random in the middle, it is possible to have another character.

27 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Well, in the design before that one, the random was in the middle represented by a question mark. Unless they remove question marks and put random in the middle, it is possible to have another character.

Although we know that slot won't be filled by console release (all the information states 6 new chars for console: Dizzy, Kum, Johnny, Jack-O, Jam, Raven), but it could be another character slot down the line. If anything I prefer that random in the corner because it balances out the whole screen. Who decided to have an odd number of characters anyway >_<

1 hour ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I heard a REALLY long time ago about Dizzy being DLC for console release, is that true?

I'm really not sure what's happening with dizzy tbh, not much info has been given at all, and we can infer that she's further from finished than the other 2, since Kum and Raven are getting gameplay reveals pretty soon. iirc Kum is pre-order/early bonus DLC? But I don't think any information is out there on how Dizzy will be included. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Definitely Ariels. Maybe she'll be the newcomer in the first batch of new characters for the third iteration.

Has some short glimpses of Raven and Kum's Instant Kills, also, at 00:54, 00:56. Didn't really spot anything else new in the quick flashes of footage.

Suzaku will probably post more accurate Germany later, but this is a quick translation of Raven's moveset for those interested.

COMMAND NORMALS
4P
j.2K
SPECIALS
"Schmerz Berg" 236 +P (シュメルツ・ベルク)
"Gebrechlich Licht" j.236 +P/K (ケブレヒリヒ・リヒト)
"Grausam Impuls" 236 +S [Air OK] (グラオザーム・インブルス)
"Schjerf Kugel" 236 +HS [Air OK] (シャルフ・クーゲル)
"I Want It Here" 214 +K [Long hold available] (ここにされたい)
"Wachen Zweig" 63214 +S/HS (バッケン・ツヴァイク)
OVERDRIVES
"Getreuerr" "214214 +HS (ゲルトライヤー)
"Verzwei Felt" 632146 +S [Air OK]  (フェアツヴァイ・フェルト)
INSTANT KILL
"Sehnsucht" 236236 +HS (ゼーンズフト)

Oh, I didn't notice, but Haehyun's moveset is also out.

COMMAND NORMALS
j.2K
SPECIALS
"Choudengan" 236 +S/HS (調伝丸)
"Shi'inken" 623 +K (四寅剣)
"Shi'inken - Long Hold" Hold 623+K (四寅剣・長押し)
"Shi'inken - Back Follow-up" Hold 623+K and then input 1/4/7 (四寅剣・後ろ派生)
"Hayabusa Otoshi" 214 +K [Can be held]  (隼落とし)
"Hayabusa Otoshi - Back Follow-up" Hold 4K after inputting 214+K (隼落とし・後ろ派生)
"Aerial Hayabusa Otoshi" j.214+K (空中隼落とし)
OVERDRIVES
"Arahan Sanzenshou" 236236+HS [Can be held] (阿羅漢三千掌)
"Shinkun Choudengan" 236236+S (神弓・調伝丸)
INSTANT KILL
"Zengen Teppai" 236236+HS (全弦撤廃)

Attack name meanings:
Choudengan = Tune Transmitting Circle
Shi'inken =  Four Tiger Fist
Hayabusa Otoshi = Falcon Drop
Arahan Sanzenshou = Arhat Three Thousand Palms
Shinkun Choudengan = Heavenly Bow: Tune Transmitting Circle
Zengen Teppai = All Chord Abolition

Take three. These translations and move names are subject to change. Kum added. Profiles also added.

Kum Haehyun
CV: Hideaki Tezuka

"So you desire a bout with the Kum clan patriarch, Haehyun."

The descendant of an ethnic group that was nearly wiped out by Justice's attack. She can tune the Ki flowing through all living things, an exceptionally rare ability limited to a single bloodline. The current head of the Kum family of descendants, Kum Haehyun believes in doing everything to the best of her ability and has earned the trust of those around her.

Additionally, because the Kum family has traditionally only permitted male successors to take leadership of the family, she spends most of her time piloting a humanoid cyborg named Kum Jeonryeok. The fact that it conceals a young woman doesn't appear to be common knowledge.

Height: 246 cm
Blood type: A
Weight: 199 kg
Birthday: December 5
Hobbies: Trimming his beard, making accessories
Dislikes: People who don't do their best

Command Moves
Command Move 1 ------------------- :f: + :k:
Command Move 2 ------------------- :d: + :k: during a jump

Special Moves
Chōdengan ------------------------ :d::df::f: + :s: or :h:
Shi'inken ------------------------ :f::d::df: + :k:
Shi'inken - Nagaoshi ------------- :f::d::df: + hold :k:
Shi'inken - Ushiro Hasei --------- :f::d::df: + hold :k:, then :db: or :b: or :ub:
Hayabusa Otoshi ------------------ :d::db::b: + :k: (can be held)
Hayabusa Otoshi - Ushiro Hasei --- :d::db::b: + hold :k:, then :b:  + :k:
Kūchū Hayabusa Otoshi ------------ :d::db::b: + :k: during a jump

Overdrives
Arahan Sanzenshō ----------------- :d::df::f::d::df::f: + :h: (can be held)
Shinkung: Chōdengan --------------  :d::df::f::d::df::f: + :s:

Instant Kill
Zengen Teppai -------------------- :d::df::f::d::df::f: + :h:

Notes: Chōdengan (Tune Relay Sphere), Shi'inken (Saingeom, Four Tigers Sword), Nagaoshi (Long Hold), Ushiro Hasei (Reverse Follow-up), Hayabusa Otoshi (Falcon Drop), Kūchū (Aerial), Arahan Sanzenshō (Arhat's Three Thousand Palms), Shinkung (Divine Bow), Zengen Teppai (Total Chord Elimination)

Raven
CV: Hiroki Yasumoto

"Insanity is expecting different results."

One of That Man's lieutenants, swearing absolute loyalty to him. His body is immortal, as well as ageless. The redundancy of living day to day for several centuries has left him almost completely unable to feel stimuli, save one invigorating sensation: pain.

Height: 181 cm
Birthplace: Medieval Germany (Holy Roman Empire)
Blood type: A
Birthday: March 28
Likes: People that make him want to kill them, people who discover or create new things
Dislikes: Himself for not being able to love anything

Command Moves
Command Move 1 ------ :b: + :p:
Command Move 2 ------ :d: + :k: during a jump

Special Moves
Schmerz Berg -------- :d::df::f: + :p:
Gebrechlich Licht --- :d::df::f: + :p: or :k: during a jump
Grausam Impuls ------ :d::df::f: + :s: (air ok)
Scharf Kugel -------- :d::df::f::h: (air ok)
Koko ni Saretai ----- :d::db::b: + :k: (can be held)
Wachen Zweig -------- :f::df::d::db::b: + :s: or :h:

Overdrives
Getreuer ------------ :d::db::b::d::db::b: + :h:
Verzweifelt --------- :f::df::d::db::b::f: + :s: (air ok)

Instant Kill
Sehnsucht ----------- :d::df::f::d::df::f: + :h:

Notes: Schmerz Berg (Painful Mountain), Grebechlich Licht (Fragile Light), Grausam Impuls (Gruesome Impulse), Scharf Kugel (Sharp Sphere), Koko ni Saretai (I Want It Here!), Wachen Zweig (Guarding Branch), Getreuer (Loyalty), Verzweifelt (Despair), Sehnsucht (Yearning)

Spoiler
1 hour ago, ___Chester___ said:

IJh98by.jpg

I'll never not be bothered by the asymmetrical placement of Dizzy's to-be-portrait and the square for random select.

28 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

The trailer was awesome, the only thing that bothered me was the fact that they didn't show Dizzy gameplay, or even herself in-game

It's probably because they don't have a working in-game model for her yet. As far as we can tell, they've been working on Kum and Raven for a while, since they're now in the game fully, but Dizzy's development probably only started properly once the poll finished, so they're not at a finished state just yet. I would be very surprised if they had Dizzy ready by this point to be honest, making even just 1 character is a huge task and they've been doing 2 at the same time recently if not 3.