Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

1 minute ago, MLSTRM said:

It's probably because they don't have a working in-game model for her yet. As far as we can tell, they've been working on Kum and Raven for a while, since they're now in the game fully, but Dizzy's development probably only started properly once the poll finished, so they're not at a finished state just yet. I would be very surprised if they had Dizzy ready by this point to be honest, making even just 1 character is a huge task and they've been doing 2 at the same time recently if not 3.

I know it is a huge time and all, but I have to disagree about her development just started properly once the poll finished, because it's been like 3 or 4 months since the results. She doesn't need to be completely finished before showing just a peek, like Kum and Raven, where just showed a little from their gameplays (even since we didn't got a breakdown from these two characters yet). True, they showed what seems to be Raven IK, but still...

If her development just started really recently, like a month or two, it is fine, I accept it.

Well, at least they have around 4 months before the console release...

It seems like Raven's Gertreuer has some additional properties when his gauge is full, but the lens flare obscures some of it. I assume it's just an automatic power-up when his pain gauge is full, similar to Robo-Ky's DP?

I imagine Dizzy was a beast to design/work with--both figuratively and literally. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they manage to complete her sprite in four to six months.

1 hour ago, Calamitus said:

Kum is a link based character... That's disappointing.

So was Slayer.  I don't see the problem TBH.

You know it's possible that Dizzy is a story mode unlock or something and they just don't want to show her yet.  

1 hour ago, Poultrygeist said:

So was Slayer.  I don't see the problem TBH.

You know it's possible that Dizzy is a story mode unlock or something and they just don't want to show her yet.  

If they follow Sign's precedent, Raven will be the story unlock, and since Kum has already been confirmed to be the pre-order DLC…

Yeah, just went to the pre-event and the build is in English with a new typesetting, pause menu and all other stuff a bit different, no Haehyun or Raven playable there though.

2 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Yeah, just went to the pre-event and the build is in English with a new typesetting, pause menu and all other stuff a bit different, no Haehyun or Raven playable there though.

How were Johnny, jam, and jack o's english voices?

12 minutes ago, noct76 said:

How were Johnny, jam, and jack o's english voices?

It was a demo build, JP only voices were played I assume, so...sorry (the volume on the monitors were very low to hear for the Revelator stations.), didn't get to check much out (Other than playing the returning cast for Xrd Rev, and Jack-O), since the build has a menu with just Episode/Versus/Training/Options in it.

Preliminary rundown of Raven's moves from reports / screens / the trailer and how they worked in GG2.

Excitement Gauge: Unique gauge that fills as he takes damage and while using Koko ni Saretai. Increases his strength and changes the properties of some of his specials, such as adding more hits.
Schmerz Berg: Hops backwards while throwing a needle horizontally that briefly slows the enemy on hit. In GG2 this was a horizontal projectile with knockback.
Gebrechlich Licht: Throws a needle at a downward angle while jumping that briefly slows the enemy on hit, P or K determines angle. This was an angled air projectile in GG2.
Grausam Impuls: A long-range slash with his claws.
Scharf Kugel: Throws a projectile that travels a short distance then spins in place like a saw? Presumably seen in the new trailer.
Koko ni Saretai: Hold the button to assume an open stance and let yourself take damage to fill the Excitement Gauge. He can't be knocked out of the stance, so it nullifies some attacks completely, and damage taken while in the stance starts to regen slowly over time after you exit it.
Wachen Zweig: Command grab where he snags the opponent with his long arms and slams them into the ground. S version hits low, HS version is an air grab. If the excitement gauge is full it bounces them back up into the air for combo potential.

Getreuer: A combination attack in which he repeatedly stabs the enemy. Ends with a big windup into a kick. Hits more times depending on how full the Excitement Gauge is.
Verzweifelt: Summons several large needles that float around him, then charges forward at his opponent like a torpedo, ending with a flashy pose. In GG2 he would leap into the air and dive back down, then randomly perform one of 19 different poses.

Sehnsucht: Turns into a silhouette surrounded by purple flaming energy and slowly walks forward, with his eyes and smile visible. He grabs his opponent by the throat and lifts them into air, then it shows his eyes turning red and energy starts to pour out of his right eye as energy erupts from him, disintegrating both himself and the enemy. When it's done, only a pile of ash remains, and Raven's regenerating arm reaches out from it.

Kum Haehyun's playstyle seems to be a pretty straightforward link-based character with low mobility and high damage. There's not much to elaborate on beyond what's already known.

9 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

they didn't show Dizzy gameplay, or even herself in-game

Plenty of time until the game is out,  showing Dizzy later means another trailer and more PR for the game.

I know I've said this before, but I really can't believe this thread sometimes.  A ton of new info comes out with two brand new characters and all anyone wants to talk about is Dizzy's shadow.  I really must ask what you all are going to talk about when she's actually revealed.  I'm sorry if this soudns rude, but I have to imagine that the people being impatient for her are not going to be the ones sticking around to discuss Dizzy tech.

6 minutes ago, Suzaku said:

Wachen Zweig: Command grab where he grabs the opponent with his long arms and slams them into the ground.

Is it known if this is a real command grab or a blockable "grab" like Merkava's stretchy arm grab?  That's a pretty big difference IMO.

10 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

I know I've said this before, but I really can't believe this thread sometimes.  A ton of new info comes out with two brand new characters and all anyone wants to talk about is Dizzy's shadow.  I really must ask what you all are going to talk about when she's actually revealed.  I'm sorry if this soudns rude, but I have to imagine that the people being impatient for her are not going to be the ones sticking around to discuss Dizzy tech.

Is it known if this is a real command grab or a blockable "grab" like Merkava's stretchy arm grab?  That's a pretty big difference IMO.

Don't know, but it has S and HS versions and the Excitement Gauge changes its properties... so maybe both?

5 hours ago, Suzaku said:

Sehnsucht: Grabs his opponent by the throat and lifts them into air, as they're both surrounded by a column of erupting energy. Raven's gleeful expression is visible through the silhouette with glowing red eyes and a big smile. When it's done, only a pile of ash remains, and Raven's regenerating arm reaches out from it.

22 hours ago, Calamitus said:

Kum is a link based character... That's disappointing.

You play Azrael. Isn't he link-based?

Just now, Darlos9D said:

Yeah, but he has a few gatlings here and there.

5 minutes ago, Darlos9D said:

Yes, he is. But his links are easy. I just wanted easy to use new character to play GG.

Hey guys,

I don't think anyone brought this up but there is footage of Raven and Kum in action that https://twitter.com/2djazz got with permission of an Arc Sys employee on the condition no one reuploads it. Last night he streamed it and said he would restream it if people wanted to watch it Tuesday/Wednesday if enough people hounded him on twitter for it. So if you guys are thirsty for footage...

Just now, Axiomatic said:

Hey guys,

I don't think anyone brought this up but there is footage of Raven and Kum in action that https://twitter.com/2djazz got with permission of an Arc Sys employee on the condition no one reuploads it. Last night he streamed it and said he would restream it if people wanted to watch it Tuesday/Wednesday if enough people hounded him on twitter for it. So if you guys are thirsty for footage...

While a noble gesture, that person should know very well this is the internet we're talking about...

32 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

While a noble gesture, that person should know very well this is the internet we're talking about...

Indeed, someone already uploaded it on youtube (private mode though). :roboky:

Spoiler

rORB0Ki.jpg