Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Just now, CCVengeance said:

All that info is nice and all. But we still need the real important stuff: Kum and Raven's kancho faces.

This guy knows where it's at.

On 2/29/2016 at 1:09 PM, kosmos badgirl said:

https://twitter.com/AllAksys/status/704136230829600768

I hope they do this for Japan too, is the only version I want to buy digitally.

It may be a situation where Japan already has access to the game in the Arcade, but NA doesn't. So, Aksys is releasing a demo as early as possible. From the description, it kind of sounds identical in functionality to the arcade version. I wouldn't be surprised if Japan actually didn't get a demo.

10 hours ago, Suzaku said:

In her win pose, the camera zooms into her cockpit and she leans back in her seat, relieved, but accidentally pushes a self-destruct button with her elbow. Warning messages start flashing on all of her monitors with a countdown while she freaks out. When the timer hits 0 the screen flashes to white.

There just had to be a self-destruct button, huh? lol

4 hours ago, This Man said:

Yeah I was thinking the same, and it'd also give guy s a chance to prepare for evo.

Am I the only one who thinks it wouldn't have many Ravens, Kums or Dizzys in this Evo due to Revelator Release date and Evo tournament day? I mean, it seems it is not sufficient for someone to train with one of these three characters up to the date

Depends on how broken and OP the characters are gonna be on release before they have a chance to balance it out. Or if they're not banned because they're broken. But I doubt it'll be anything that dramatic.

I'm loving this game so far. Too bad there are still people who don't want to get this version because again their one main isn't in the game. It would suck if they suddenly decided to not make any more GG games due to demand (or lack of sales) or acts of a higher power and this is the last version we will ever get.

Ever

crosses fingers so that doesn't happen

3 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Am I the only one who thinks it wouldn't have many Ravens, Kums or Dizzys in this Evo due to Revelator Release date and Evo tournament day? I mean, it seems it is not sufficient for someone to train with one of these three characters up to the date

Think of it this way: If you grind out that one month and learn a bunch with that character, then you can make some stuff happen simply because others wont know the matchup. It'd be a very good pocket tool.

Odds are ppl will have a good understanding of the char based in how many ppl play online plus footage u can find via youtube and niconico. Least you'll have an understand of how the char moves and plays.

This is all assuming they don't just get banned.  Keep in mind we have no idea when the "official" release for those characters is.  If it's too close to July then game over dude.

They will be available release date. Me assuming but see no reason why they won't be ready considering release is 3 months away...too long lol

40 minutes ago, Naotomato said:

^Dizzy might not be available release date. We don't know at this point. She's TBA I guess.

I guess Dizzy had been confirmed about being available to Console Release. However what is TBA from her is some gameplay peek

6 hours ago, rayplay said:

Think of it this way: If you grind out that one month and learn a bunch with that character, then you can make some stuff happen simply because others wont know the matchup. It'd be a very good pocket tool.

It is true about learning a bunch from a character, but even one month I don't think is sufficient for a person to get about their tools against X character, or even getting used from their combos. It may happen something like "Oh, I will try to main a Revelator new character (counting the veterans), if I lose a match I go back to my old main" during the tournament. Which is pretty common and helps the player to learn some tricks under the pressure.

4 hours ago, youcanwonder said:

They will be available release date. Me assuming but see no reason why they won't be ready considering release is 3 months away...too long lol

Mind if I borrow your crystal ball?

The safe assumption is that they'll follow the paradigm set by XrdS. We already know that Kum Haehyun is a first print / preorder bonus like Elphelt was. Raven will probably be unlockable in-game with W$. Both will also probably be available to unlock as paid DLC. Dizzy should come as paid DLC about a month after launch.

Man, I kinda want to know more about Raven's command throw. Like, is it literally just unblockable? It looks like it reaches real far. Is it slow like Skrull throws in mvc3 or something? Is Potemkin gonna get out-grappled by this hooded little shit? Oy. I'm paranoid.

At least Kum looks cool. Unless his links end up being horrendous to do reliably.

10 hours ago, Tokkan said:

About Dizzy:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201602/29100407.html

なお、以前実施されたキャラクター投票でプレイアブル化が決定したディズィーに関しては、発売日には間に合わないが、現在鋭意制作中とのことだ。

Bolded part "will not be available on release".

I... kinda expected it, this being ASW and all, but... I don't know what I'm supposed to feel...

3 hours ago, Darlos9D said:

At least Kum looks cool. Unless his links end up being horrendous to do reliably.

Anything can be done reliably  as long as you work at it!

3 hours ago, Darlos9D said:

XRD has a 3 frame input buffer so at worst they'll be 3 frame links

4 minutes ago, MLSTRM said:

XRD has a 3 frame input buffer so at worst they'll be 3 frame links

Does it? Is it always active? It seems a bit selective. Like I feel like Pot's 6K > HFB > 6K loop stuff would be a lot easier if it didn't seem like all inputs get eaten during the hammerfall break animation. I could totally be mistaken about that though.

6 hours ago, Darlos9D said:

Man, I kinda want to know more about Raven's command throw. Like, is it literally just unblockable? It looks like it reaches real far. Is it slow like Skrull throws in mvc3 or something? Is Potemkin gonna get out-grappled by this hooded little shit? Oy. I'm paranoid.

Surely they wouldn't give a character a literal unblockable command grab with that range.  At least not without his gimmick meter being high.  Even by GG standards that would be ridiculous.  Then again Pot gets out grappled by Sol and Elphelt so lol idk.

By the sounds of it his command grabs have a specific range (and a blind spot when too close), and one catches out of the air while the other catches people on the ground? Even if it was an actual grab, that doesn't sound like it'll be too absurdly strong.

1 hour ago, Poultrygeist said:

Then again Pot gets out grappled by Sol and Elphelt so lol idk.

That hurts man. :(