Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

On 3/1/2016 at 6:46 PM, GunBlazer said:

This guy knows where it's at.

My predictions

Raven - Yaranaika face

Kum Haeyun - The puppet malfunctioning or being completely stone faced

Dizzy - Utter confusion

1 hour ago, Poultrygeist said:

That sounds like Merkava, whose grab was not a true unblockable grab.  I'm really curious about this now.

True, but I don't think Merkava's had a blind spot for being too close either.

2 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

That sounds like Merkava, whose grab was not a true unblockable grab.  I'm really curious about this now.

Maybe has active hitbox that are countereable (like dandy step counter state sh*t) before the grab, if thats the case is not a really "broken" move after all.

The announcer refers to Kum Haehyun as "Haehyun" rather than "Kum" like we've been doing so far. So should we be calling her Haehyun?

Maybe I got a little negative but I didn't mean to be some doomsayer. I honestly just have no idea what Raven's grabs are like. I didn't think they'd be overpowered per se. Let's just hope Potemkin isn't so big that he can't "get inside" the long reaching grab, lol.

Talking about getting out-grappled by other characters, I'm thinking about playing Tager and getting beat out by Hazama's command grab. Ugh.

Honestly, Raven looks pretty good even without use of his meter.

Which also makes me wonder, how the hell are you ever gonna bait someone into hitting you during stance? It seems like you would really have to slow down your own momentum. Early impressions though so whatever,

7 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

My predictions

Raven - Yaranaika face

Dizzy - Utter confusion

Somehow I get the feeling that Raven would just be rather unimpressed. :v:

17 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Honestly, Raven looks pretty good even without use of his meter.

Which also makes me wonder, how the hell are you ever gonna bait someone into hitting you during stance? It seems like you would really have to slow down your own momentum. Early impressions though so whatever,

I can think of a few possibilities.

1.Bait dead angles with blockstrings and then cancel into stance.

2.Use it the same way you would use Ky 6H

3.Use it as you would a 6P to catch people blindly airdashing in on you

That of course all assumes that this works like I think it does.

You could also just use it instead of blocking when you know an attack is coming that you can survive. You could for example tank an Overdrive, fill your gauge, and then go on the offensive or play keep away while your health regens.

Every character has holes in their pressure strings and instead of going for a mash or jump out attempt you catch a fafnir or carcass raid on purpose 

15 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

My predictions

Raven - Yaranaika face

Dizzy - Utter confusion

Raven: Agehao

Kum: Her face pops out through the robot's mouth.

Dizzy: Her wings feel it too.

And just for the hell of it:

Zappa: Returns to normal implying ass play cures ghost possession.

Huh, watching that gameplay video of Raven; I take back him looking like Hazama. The way he glides around and that grey colour palette. He looks more like.... a raven.

so are they keeping the bottom right corner as a random button or is it going to be another character because the bottom left is obviously going to be dizzy but it just seems off to have a random button there (plz b A.B.A). Even if it isn't a new character I'm very satisfied to get to play 6 new characters in this version where I was expecting only 3 from the beginning.

did Ravens unique icon ever change because in the games he was played in it doesn't seem to do anything unless I missed it but I'm glad they didn't make it seem that the character doesn't need to be in low hp to do better (like Lucario in smash).

30 minutes ago, NEJI12212 said:

did Ravens unique icon ever change because in the games he was played in it doesn't seem to do anything unless I missed it but I'm glad they didn't make it seem that the character doesn't need to be in low hp to do better (like Lucario in smash).

The gauge only fills when he uses his "hit me here!" special, with it filling more if he's hit during that special, so simple loss of life doesn't have much to do with it.

59 minutes ago, zankoku said:

The gauge only fills when he uses his "hit me here!" special, with it filling more if he's hit during that special, so simple loss of life doesn't have much to do with it.

ok that's way better than just putting in a comeback mechanic that's only specific for a character where as they have to put effort to use it.

6 hours ago, NEJI12212 said:

ok that's way better than just putting in a comeback mechanic that's only specific for a character where as they have to put effort to use it.

Shots fired on Lucario. 

Jokes notwithstanding, I wonder how Raven's Guts rating will work with Hit me here/Gray Fox install...Like does he have to take the hit with damage scaling or does he eat it like as if he was at full health?

Edited by Axiomatic
Poor grammar

42 minutes ago, Axiomatic said:

Shots fired on Lucario. 

Jokes notwithstanding, I wonder how Raven's Guts rating will act work with Hit me here/Gray Fox install...Like does he have to take the hit with damage scaling or does he eat it like as if he was at full health?

"Gray Fox install."

Okay you might have won me over to Raven just with that line.