Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

5 hours ago, Darlos9D said:

"Gray Fox install."

Okay you might have won me over to Raven just with that line.

I dunno, I didn't see him getting stomped out by a Metal Gear

Just now, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Do we know what are the benefits from Raven's "Psychopath Meter" and how to fill it up? I couldn't figure it out by watching his gameplay.

Seems to enhance his Specials and Overdrives. I think Suzaku posted one page back that his command grab groundbounces when enhanced, and one of his Overdrives does more hits the more Excitement Gauge he has available.

2 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

Seems to enhance his Specials and Overdrives. I think Suzaku posted one page back that his command grab groundbounces when enhanced, and one of his Overdrives does more hits the more Excitement Gauge he has available.

I see... Well, then time will show us those enhancements the Excitement Gauge has.

Oh, by the way, recently I saw some characters getting their clothes dirtier or torned in some parts during fight, does it has any special effect or is just visual?

32 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

I dunno, I didn't see him getting stomped out by a Metal Gear

Cue giant Justice falling on him in Revelator's story mode after he has a monologue...

Everytime Machabo brings out Ky, I'm always impressed. I didn't think he'd plow through Mugen/mocchi like that, 2-0. I haven't seen anyone play neutral with Ky like machabo, and the fact that he mained Sol for so long has improved his screen positioning vs Sol too.

Anyone else worried about Jack'O's GG2 Overture playstyle will lag up netplay/ps3 systems? Or is ti just me?

Also does anyone feel that we'll get a balance update around Console release? I ask because Jam is still sucky, and Sol/Elphelt are still very scary characters.

Well on certain stages, the console version already lags under serious stress from things like Ramlethal's overdrives.  The solution most likely will be to find the problematic stages and not use them.

8 hours ago, www.keeponrock.in said:

While I wait for the new character sub-forums to go up, I figure I'd share my Raven notes: https://docs.google.com/a/keeponrock.in/document/d/1jG0FBWhJMg8XBCuip3c1_4dk5O6bYKIKJpXXHGAC5os/edit?usp=sharing

In case you missed it, I've got a more in-depth and accurate analaysis of Raven's specials in this post:

4 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Do we know what are the benefits from Raven's "Psychopath Meter" and how to fill it up? I couldn't figure it out by watching his gameplay.

His Exitement Gauge only fills when he's in his Koko ni Saretai stance, and does so even when he's not taking damage. Assuming the meter scales from 0 to 100, it kind of looks like Koko ni Saretai passively generates 10 meter every second you hold the stance.

It fills up quite quickly when he gets hit, but right now I couldn't possibly give you any specifics on how the damage absorbed translates into the gauge. It does seems like tanking an Overdrive will just about instantly fill it.

Damage he takes while in the stance will slowly pulse white on his life bar, and that chunk of life can be slowly regenerated after ending the stance.

As near as I can tell, the Excitement Gauge never seems to drain, but I could be wrong.

It's stated in all of the PR that the gauge increases his damage in addition to changing the properties of some of his moves, but right now I can only confirm that it changes the properties of Wachen Zweig (add ground bounce; no idea when the properties change) and his Gertreuer Overdrive, which seems to do a number of extra hits based on how full the gauge is (looks like 50 extra hits on full meter, so assuming it scales 0-100, probably an extra hit for every 2 meter?).

Unfortunately in the exhibition footage it seemed like nobody was brave enough to really use it since they were still feeling out his playstyle.

On 3/2/2016 at 2:58 PM, MLSTRM said:

XRD has a 3 frame input buffer so at worst they'll be 3 frame links

guess 1 frame input buffer for Xrd after Sign 1.1 patch

I don't think Xrd has input buffers for normals, only for specials... correct me if i'm wrong. It was 2f on Xrd 1.0 and then they made it 3f on Xrd 1.1.

12 hours ago, Clamper said:

I don't think Xrd has input buffers for normals, only for specials... correct me if i'm wrong. It was 2f on Xrd 1.0 and then they made it 3f on Xrd 1.1.

Well, that WOULD explain why I can't seem to buffer a normal right at the end of a special, if I'm reading you right.

I guess gg is too cool for a universal 3-frame buffer.

Xrd's input buffer is for normals as well as specials, unless I'm greatly mistaken (and I'm pretty sure I'm not). There might be a few situations where the normal input buffer does not apply; I don't recall the details.

On 8/3/2016 at 4:10 AM, Clamper said:

I'm pretty sure that 1.1 has at the very least 2f or more than 1.0, just 1f more is almost nothing, and the game would be pretty much the same as before if so, which is not the case because clearly in 1.1 is even way more easy to do SJ IAD combos than 1.0 and other stuff. I think it was mentioned somewhere that the input bufer of 1.1 is 3f more than 1.0, but I could be wrong.

And yeah, the input buffer also applies for normals.

I was almost positive the input buffer was confirmed at 3f after the 1.1 patch...but I can't seem to find anything concrete on that. It feels like 3f to me, at least.

Introduction video for Kum Haehyun, a record from the event which was held on February 27 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YTuvFRVEJg
Her character page is also available now: http://www.ggxrd.com/rev/cs/character/kum.php

They also published sketches/samples of the shop exclusive pre-order bonuses: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/11101244.html

http://www.ggxrd.com/rev/cs/products/

Spoiler

WonderGoo:l_56e28e516470a.jpg

ImagineWeb:l_56e28e5167dc5.jpg

ASW-Ebten-webshop:l_56e28e5166263.jpg

GEO:l_56e28e516105e.jpg

SofMap:l_56e28e5162bb2.jpg

Rakuten (by Sume):l_56e28e515e94c.jpg

Amazon.jp (DLC):l_56e28f3104c9a.jpg

Joshinweb (DLC):l_56e28f3100263.jpg

Yooooooo is Ramlethal throwing up gang signs in that first pic? Sister seflies, am I right?

16 minutes ago, This Man said:

For those wondering (probably no-one), the musical instrument HaeHyun plays looks like a famous Korean instrument called a 'Gayageum' (pronounced kai-yag-um), but I've never seen it played standing up like she does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gayageum

Reveal hidden contents

concert5.jpg

I actually was curious about that, thank you! My first thought was that it looked like one of those Japanese zithers but that didn't seem to fit her theme.

2 hours ago, Jocelot said:

Yooooooo is Ramlethal throwing up gang signs in that first pic? Sister seflies, am I right?

It's okay, it's the black sister doing it.  #kappa

1 hour ago, This Man said:

For those wondering (probably no-one), the musical instrument HaeHyun plays looks like a famous Korean instrument called a 'Gayageum' (pronounced kai-yag-um), but I've never seen it played standing up like she does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gayageum

Reveal hidden contents

concert5.jpg

I thought Haeyun was the name of the doll, not the girl?