Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

59 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

I thought Haeyun was the name of the doll, not the girl?

Erm... Haehyun is the girl's name. The doll/mech/"Gouken" is the "Jonryoku Kum" (or however you spell it).

Just now, Tokkan said:

Erm... Haehyun is the girl's name. The doll/mech/"Gouken" is the "Jonryoku Kum" (or however you spell it).

I believe it was Jeonryeok.

Yes Jeon Ryeok Geum would be  전력 금, which sounds like a Korean name. Jonryoku Kum adds an extra syllable, and Korean names rarely have 4 syllables (though some do).

As an aside, I'm sure I read somewhere that the Korean family name was 금 which is romanised as Geum (which also means' gold') and pronounced as /geum/.

Kum would equal 굼 (pronounced like koom).

Just now, This Man said:

Yes Jeon Ryeok Geum would be  전력 금.

As an aside, I'm sure I read somewhere that the Korean family name was 금 which is romanised as Geum (which also means' gold') and pronounced as /geum/.

I also read somewhere that when written in Chinese, Haehyun's name means "stringed instrument".

2 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

I also read somewhere that when written in Chinese, Haehyun's name means "stringed instrument".

Now that I did not know :D

Just now, This Man said:

Now that I did not know :D

Now, I'd like someone to confirm that. If true, the instrument choice would make a lot of sense.

2 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

Now, I'd like someone to confirm that. If true, the instrument choice would make a lot of sense.

I'll try find out and get back to y'all.

On 11/3/2016 at 11:37 AM, Danaiden said:

Introduction video for Kum Haehyun, a record from the event which was held on February 27 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YTuvFRVEJg
Her character page is also available now: http://www.ggxrd.com/rev/cs/character/kum.php

They also published sketches/samples of the shop exclusive pre-order bonuses: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/11101244.html

http://www.ggxrd.com/rev/cs/products/

Reveal hidden contents

Too add something to this latest news:

Revelator and CF tournament (national team selection) on Monday.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv255508025

-Revelator demo confirmed for Europe, plus preorder bonuses for the digital version.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/exclusive-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-demo-for-ps4-psn-pre-orders

I don't think I like any of the preorder bonuses, the one from Sumeragi is OK but is a shame she didn't draw something normal or not SD.

From the ricedigital link above:

PS4 Exclusive PSN Pre-Order Bonuses

• Kum Haehyun – As a special bonus you will receive DLC character Kum Haehyun!

• Additional Character Colour – Get the awesome special character colour: Eclipse!

Demo Version Features

• New characters – 3 of the new characters will be available; Jam, Johnny and Jack-O, in addition to the returning characters from Xrd -SIGN-, giving you 20 characters in all to play with.
  • Training Mode – Practice your skills with GGXrd REVELATOR’s excellent training mode; learn the new characters or refine your gameplay with your old favourites.
  • Episode Mode – Play through the Episode Mode and experience the story of the characters that lead in to the Story Mode of -REVELATOR-.
  • Offline VS Mode – Fight your friends on the couch or take the fight to the CPU to practice your skills offline.

That's pretty awesome, imo.

26 minutes ago, Clamper said:

So it's a 60$ upgrade with DLCs day 1... sigh. 

Whats actually more find funny is that Japan effectively paid for dizzy to win and now has to pay for her again when shes out XD

I definitely don't see it has the paid for her. I mean regardless they are paying to play the game in the arcade. They are just earning in game money (don't know what else it's used for) but they playin the game anyways..mught was well gwt some kinda perks from it.

On 3/11/2016 at 8:02 AM, Fenris said:

Kum Haehyun's status as Korean has been basically confirmed thanks to this.

(source)

...And also the fact that it says "Korea" on her character profile. lol

On 3/12/2016 at 11:38 AM, Tokkan said:

On 3/12/2016 at 0:31 PM, This Man said:

Yes Jeon Ryeok Geum would be  전력 금, which sounds like a Korean name. Jonryoku Kum adds an extra syllable, and Korean names rarely have 4 syllables (though some do).

You have to keep in mind that Korean doesn't work 1 to 1 with Japanese syllables. "Jonryoku" is as good as "Jeonryeok" is going to get in Japanese syllables (which is what's printed on the site). At any rate the "name" of the robot just means "Full-power Kum". But the name is switching the family name and given name around compared to Kum Haehyun. So, I dunno what's going on.

And, yeah, it does look like her family name should've be romanized as "Geum". Kind of pronounced "Goom" and not "Koom" but that's also likely a product of weird Japanese syllable and romanization choice on their part. It's definitely a softer "g" sound and not a "k". I'm gonna go with they screwed it up. lol

On 3/12/2016 at 9:03 AM, This Man said:

For those wondering (probably no-one), the musical instrument HaeHyun plays looks like a famous Korean instrument called a 'Gayageum' (pronounced kai-yag-um), but I've never seen it played standing up like she does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gayageum

Reveal hidden contents

concert5.jpg

On 3/12/2016 at 9:21 AM, mycot said:

I actually was curious about that, thank you! My first thought was that it looked like one of those Japanese zithers but that didn't seem to fit her theme.

It's basically the same instrument. A Japanese one usually has 13 strings, while the Korean one has 12. The last part "Geum" is indeed the same kanji as the Japanese koto (as well as being Kum's family name).

Also heard that the family names 'Geum' and 'Kim' are actually the same Chinese character (Kim being a famous Korean name of course).

I can't verify it, but that's what I've been told.

4 hours ago, This Man said:

Also heard that the family names 'Geum' and 'Kim' are actually the same Chinese character (Kim being a famous Korean name of course).

I can't verify it, but that's what I've been told.

It can be. Different characters can have the same pronunciation. In this case, it's not. "Kim" means "Gold" (金). But, Kum's name means "Zither" (琴).

Also, after a little digging, I found out that "Kum" is like an older way that they used to romanize 琴 or 金 from Korean, like Mount Kumgang (which does use 金). But, "Geum" is more accurate. So, it's not super wrong. It's just a little wrong. lol