Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

11 minutes ago, Martikol said:

Any particular reason as to why slayer is in the bottom right scan next to the newcomers?

That's about the new system voices; Slayer will get a new set due to being recast.

Makes sense I guess.

Speaking of which, anybody find it kinda sad that arcsys didn't do some sort of homage or respectful gesture to slayers dead VA like they did with eddie/zato (or heihachi in TTT2)?

5 hours ago, Danaiden said:

Scans of the Famitsu article, courtesy of @Kurushii:

Hide contents

czwwqdq8wkb64rbzg.jpg

ll1fixshlrv5n55zg.jpg

Sol's DLC color looks awesome, it seems as if he jumped right out of MadWorld or Sin City.

I wouldn't have noticed that DLC blurb without you, thanks. You're right, that's a damn good palette.

Raven's introduction video and his character page are now available:

Famitsu also published images and descriptions of the content of the Famitsu DX Limited Edition: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/17101651.html

Spoiler

Mug: l_56ea736ccacd7.jpg

Wallscroll: l_56ea736cceb55.jpg

Character bromides: l_56ea736cc7a53.jpgbro.jpg

3D Crystal with Ky (only available in Crystal Set): l_56ea736cccc15.jpg

6 minutes ago, kosmos badgirl said:

The mug cup is sick, the rest is meh.

Yeah, the mug is really the best part of the LE beside the wallscroll. I know that the one from BB: CPE was really well made, so this one will likely be of high-quality too. The images on the bromides and the crystal are a bit dissapointing but maybe the quality and sizes makes up for it. 

11 hours ago, Martikol said:

Any particular reason as to why slayer is in the bottom right scan next to the newcomers?

His new voice actor, Tayaka Hashi.

RIP Iemasa Kayumi.

I'm kinda funny surprised the one screenshot of the character select screen has 2 Sols in it, yeah, I know that one spot is supposed to be for Dizzy, but yeah, still waiting, lol.

Other than that, good stuff all around, although I hope there's an old save bonus or if DLC from -Sign- is transferable (Colors/System Voices), or its included from the start, or the in-game shop/gallery/etc. Yes, I know it happened with BB before, but I wonder soon if Revelator will do wonders for people that had -Sign- and their bonus content. (Well, slim chances, but here's hoping...)

I kind of doubt they are, especially since Slayer's VA is being replaced. The old system voice wouldn't be supported, so at the very least you'll probably have to buy Slayer's system voice again. Hope springs eternal though.

2 hours ago, raddley said:

I kind of doubt they are, especially since Slayer's VA is being replaced. The old system voice wouldn't be supported, so at the very least you'll probably have to buy Slayer's system voice again. Hope springs eternal though.

Remember that the old versions of GG allowed you to switch between Ishiwatari Sol and Nakata Sol. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do the same with announcer packs.

if you had the -SIGN- Slayer announcer and any of the new characters were playing, the pre-match screen would be like

*SILENCE*

versus

(player 2)

7 hours ago, SoWL said:

Remember that the old versions of GG allowed you to switch between Ishiwatari Sol and Nakata Sol. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do the same with announcer packs.

Oh yeah, good point. Totally spaced on that. I hope it does happen then, though I suppose we'll only know for sure once we have it.

On 3/17/2016 at 6:21 PM, Martikol said:

Makes sense I guess.

Speaking of which, anybody find it kinda sad that arcsys didn't do some sort of homage or respectful gesture to slayers dead VA like they did with eddie/zato (or heihachi in TTT2)?

They did.  When they first revealed Terumi's new theme song in CP 2.0/Extend on stream, Mori and co named it after a Slayer song in dedication to Kayumi and had a brief moment of silence.

In case no one heard yet, the demo of Xrd - Revelator will be up on 4/5/16, this requires pre-ordering the digital release of the PS4 version, of course, and at least, would check out the translated Episode mode and more. (This is the same demo/build that was at Anime Ascension.)

44 minutes ago, entnervt said:

Has the japanese digital release the demo too (if pre-ordered)?

Nothing yet but they have the arcades to play or practice, as someone said days ago, makes more sense for them in Japan to have players going to the arcades.

Really conflicted about this, pretty awesome to get the demo so soon but taking into account I want to buy the 3 limited editions of the game (USA, EURO, JP), a fourth time is too much, but is so appealing to play the game 2 months before release.

31 minutes ago, kosmos badgirl said:

a fourth time is too much, but is so appealing to play the game 2 months before release.

It looks like you mustn't pay for preorder instantly, money will be taken at the relise day. So you can just preorder, get the demo, play and cancel preorder before release day.

47 minutes ago, Ashimriat said:

It looks like you mustn't pay for preorder instantly, money will be taken at the relise day. So you can just preorder, get the demo, play and cancel preorder before release day.

A digital preorder on PS4 is paid immediately.

2 hours ago, Ashimriat said:

You can't cancel or refund digital preorders either.

In Europe, perhaps. I'm pretty sure you can't in America unless there are extenuating circumstances. Like, something on the game company's end like false advertising or something.

Plus, they might have a way to void the demo license if you do cancel regardless. It's just easier to regulate everything through PSN. I'm sure they were a decent amount of people that pre-ordered SFV through Amazon, got the beta code, and then immediately canceled. Likely not an ideal scenario for Aksys or Arcsys.

20 hours ago, Ashimriat said:
7 hours ago, werewolfgold said:

I'm sure they were a decent amount of people that pre-ordered SFV through Amazon, got the beta code, and then immediately canceled. Likely not an ideal scenario for Aksys or Arcsys.

Plenty of people did this with The Division Beta and I believe Sony noticed. This demo is a pretty decent chunk of the game, I'm pretty sure they will have measures for people trying to play "dirty" tricks.